Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2007, 06:39 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,818,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
If anyone is still awake out there...

We're going to be taking my 4 month old granddaughter to the emergency room in a little bit. Like once or twice and hour, she has these strange breathing spells followed by crying. It's really strange. If she seems better, we're staying up with her for the night and taking her to the doctor first thing in the morning, but if she does it one more time...off to the ER we go!

Thanks everyone!

And please know, Thefer and everyone else, I am praying for you all!
Oh Kawgpz I am praying for you little grandbaby to be fine. Please let us know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 07:27 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,275,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
If anyone is still awake out there...

We're going to be taking my 4 month old granddaughter to the emergency room in a little bit. Like once or twice and hour, she has these strange breathing spells followed by crying. It's really strange. If she seems better, we're staying up with her for the night and taking her to the doctor first thing in the morning, but if she does it one more time...off to the ER we go!

Thanks everyone!

And please know, Thefer and everyone else, I am praying for you all!
Praying for your grandbaby, kawg! Please keep us posted.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:30 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times
Hang in there, Kawgz. I will try and repay you sevenfold for all the prayers you sent my way. Just hold your grandbaby's hand while you pray.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:45 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Humbly and intensely praying for baby Kayleigh and her mamma and grandma..

Old 11-06-2007, 08:46 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,891,928 times
Kawg, keep us posted. Praying for you.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:51 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,011,268 times
Thanks everyone!

We ended up taking her to the emergency room around 1:30am. The doctor checked her out and said he could find nothing wrong and that she is one of the healthiest and strongest babies he has ever seen.
Of course, we still have to make a follow up with the pediatrician.

It's great they found nothing wrong, but the whole thing was still really strange. When she's sleeping, she's perfectly fine...but when she was awake, a couple of times per hour she would start gasping for breath then start crying right after. We're still confused about it, but hopefully all of the wonderful prayers have taken care of everything!

Thanks again everyone!!

Old 11-06-2007, 11:16 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,818,689 times
Kawpgz I'm so glad your grandbaby is well!

Now everyone can we please pray for this little one she is being operated on today: Girl born with 8 limbs undergoes surgery - Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/news/world/asia/articles/2007/11/06/girl_born_with_8_limbs_undergoes_surgery/?p1=MEWell_Pos3 - broken link)

TIA!

Old 11-07-2007, 05:02 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,957 times
Good Morning, All,

Please continue to pray for the Underwoods and precious little Parker.

11/6 update
Posted on November 6th, 2007 at 11:37 pm by Jamie

ParkerU.org

The dreaded results are in. First of all let me saw that I am very thankful that we had results so quickly and they are clear cut. Unfortunately there is no more wondering. Parker is full of leukemia in his nodes. The ones he had before are still there, some have doubled in size and he has new ones. There are 2 around his trachea, a large one in his neck and the mass that was around his lungs is still definitely there.

So, what does all this mean? 3 options:
1. Go to transplant (if they would still accept him) but he would definitely have to have TBI (total body irradiation). The side effects and outcomes of this is horrid because he is so small and the amount of disease (we have had the graphic picture given to us a few times).
2. Try another round of chemo. It would be strong. May work, may not. If it shrinks the tumors we might be able to go to transplant without TBI. BUT, it could cause organ issues, more chance for infection, etc.
3. Palliative Care. The primary objective of palliative care is to improve the quality of remaining duration of life. The staff would make sure he is in no pain and continue what they are doing now. Giving blood products, treating infections, etc.

Aaron and I have ruled out number 1. We have a strong idea of what our choice is - but we want to be sure that we are making the right decision and that most importantly it is God’s decision and what’s best for Parker. God can still work a miracle. As we’ve said before maybe he is waiting for us to give HIM full control (not us giving up) before he takes over. Or maybe God’s will is to let Parker have a much better life. Obviously this is the hardest decision we will ever make and we greatly covet your prayers during the next 24 hours.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:34 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Dear Heavenly Father, I humbly, and with heavy heart come before you this morning to ask that you give little Parkers parents the wisdom and faith in you to make the right decision for their precious little boy. He has suffered so much in the few years they were blessed to have him..We know, Father that thy will be done and that you will not leave them alone in their decision to release their child into your loving and eternal home..In Jesus name I pray...amen

Old 11-07-2007, 07:42 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,275,819 times
Wow, that is such a tough decision for parents to be in the position to have to make. I'm am praying for guidance for them and much grace and peace right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality