Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 09:20 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
That's how Jews were saved for millennia. An inconsistent god is only a demon.
They weren't saved by obedience. It was faith--pointing forward at a future redemption.
Quote:
The Jewish law isn't that hard, but it doesn't apply to gentiles, like I said.

The Graces make Heaven's law clear in the hearts of men.

What Jewish law did Jesus fulfill? I came NOT to abolish, but to fulfill? That simply means that the law REMAINS and prophesy is DONE.
Romans 10:4. Jesus is the end of the Law for righteousness.
Quote:
Yet science makes prophesies that come true all the time, so Jewish prophesy is not fulfilled, and Jesus will never fullfill it perfectly until he brings peace on Earth. What has Jesus abolished? NOT the law. No one pays for someone else's sins, that is UNJUST. Is your god unjust? or are we to believe that you, Vizio, know and can share why Justice is not Justice? Human sacrifice is a thing of the DEMONS, even the real Yahweh made that clear, he is soothed so by the death of himself-son? ungodly and shameful... more reminiscent of a pagan religion than a Jewish one. Even the elk of the forest live by the Law, yet it is only people that make excuses, the animals of earth will bear witness against men. If Jesus knew you, you would live by the law that Jesus preached.
Jesus already fulfilled the Jewish prophecies. There are many left unfulfilled--but he will get those when he returns.

If you deny that Jesus had to die to atone for our sin....what did Jesus claim was "paid in full" on the cross?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 10:11 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why did Christ come? So that we could be saved by obedience to the Law?
Jesus came to show us a bettter way, the way of Love, not fear. He came to remind us of the one God for all, that Divinity was available again so that all of us can enter the Kingdom of God, in which Adam and Eve forfeited due to judgement.

We aren't "saved" from anything except ourselves. We save ourselves through Love, just as Jesus showed us. His dying had nothing to do with it. Even if He had died at 100, without someone murderiing Him, His job would have been complete. His job was done while He lived but too many people have fallen away from that due to fear and stupid dogmas of do this and don't do that. All we are asked to do is to love one another. That has nothing to do with Jesus. God started that one, not Jesus.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:57 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Yes, Jesus says obedience to the Spirit of the Law... but only if you are cursed by Moses' contract with the fiery YHWH.. only if you seek resurrection by his father's (god of Israel) power. Why do you think Jesus came? To shut his mouth and rid the law? To kill himself and fail to bring Jerusalem to greatness?

Excuse me, but you are saying that there was only a god of Israel?

Isn't that contrary to all you claim to believe, that there is only one god?

And you wonder why some of your statements are not believed.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:26 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Excuse me, but you are saying that there was only a god of Israel?

Isn't that contrary to all you claim to believe, that there is only one god?

And you wonder why some of your statements are not believed.
What are you talking about Arjay? I don't claim to believe there is only one god, that would be absurd. If you are talking about how I often correct the monotheists ideas, I am simply thinking ahead for people so that they see the mistakes in their logic "even if monotheism was true." I have often repeated that there can be many Top Gods, as there may be One or zero.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about Arjay? I don't claim to believe there is only one god, that would be absurd. If you are talking about how I often correct the monotheists ideas, I am simply thinking ahead for people so that they see the mistakes in their logic "even if monotheism was true." I have often repeated that there can be many Top Gods, as there may be One or zero.
Talk about doing a 180 on what you say your beliefs are.

Try going back and reading some of your prior posts and then try to spin them in some other way. With the satement cited, you refute most of your previous posts.

It actually shows that you lack belief in your own statements.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Talk about doing a 180 on what you say your beliefs are.

Try going back and reading some of your prior posts and then try to spin them in some other way. With the satement cited, you refute most of your previous posts.

It actually shows that you lack belief in your own statements.
Arjay, I really don't understand what you are talking about... why would I go to the monotheists when they are talking about *let's say* morals and say "there can be more than one God"? its out of topic and it also drives them away since they don't want to hear that kind of stuff.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:09 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Jesus came to show us a bettter way, the way of Love, not fear. He came to remind us of the one God for all, that Divinity was available again so that all of us can enter the Kingdom of God, in which Adam and Eve forfeited due to judgement.

We aren't "saved" from anything except ourselves. We save ourselves through Love, just as Jesus showed us. His dying had nothing to do with it. Even if He had died at 100, without someone murderiing Him, His job would have been complete. His job was done while He lived but too many people have fallen away from that due to fear and stupid dogmas of do this and don't do that. All we are asked to do is to love one another. That has nothing to do with Jesus. God started that one, not Jesus.
Where do you get this idea? That's definitely not from the Bible.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Arjay, I really don't understand what you are talking about... why would I go to the monotheists when they are talking about *let's say* morals and say "there can be more than one God"? its out of topic and it also drives them away since they don't want to hear that kind of stuff.
Once again, read your own posts. You are the one saying both there is only one god and then saying there can be/are more than one god.

It is you and your like that don't want to hear anything but what you say and then try to argue from both sides of your mouth in support of your silly statements.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Once again, read your own posts. You are the one saying both there is only one god and then saying there can be/are more than one god.

It is you and your like that don't want to hear anything but what you say and then try to argue from both sides of your mouth in support of your silly statements.
no. Just because I have a deep feeling that there is only one true God doesn't mean there can't be more.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
no. Just because I have a deep feeling that there is only one true God doesn't mean there can't be more.
And yet your christian religion claims that there can be only one. You follow that religion (as witnessed by all your statements posted here) so by definition either you or your religion are saying that you are wrong.

Funny how justification messes with your excuses and proclaimations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality