Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 10:45 AM

995 posts, read 955,865 times

Advertisements

People of the Mythologies and the free religions all seem to make comparisons between Gods, and combine them into their own pantheons. So with that in mind, looking at the description of Satan and looking at YHWHY of the Bible, I can't help but notice the GLARING similarities between the two. Satan is a character that is jealously murderous, seeking out any way to separate man from God, and looking at the 1st Commandment of Moses, it is very clear that YHWHY is VERY jealous. Jealous to the point that he kills off anyone who chooses to love any other spirit OTHER than him. Anyone from Hinduism who finds God, anyone from Greek mythology who finds God...or anyone else from any other religion, are all to be hated and JEALOUSLY discriminated against, according to Moses's YHWHY. How is that NOT the spirit of Satan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 11:21 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,939,468 times
Satan knows his time is limited and will pull all he can to the dregs of hell. He is definitely a force once an angel named Lucifer who thought he was on the same level as God will meet his doom, yes he pursues the individuals who seek God and tries to deceive them in a disguised way.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:02 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Hi Mr. Rider

I agree the God Yahwey, just the imitation of the sound of our own breath, btw...
Or Jehovah....another spin off....in other words the Jewish God from the OT is no
God I recognize.
I have no idea who this satan really is...now Lucifer the angel, Morning Star...I get him and who he is said to be.
It is said he rebelled. It is just a story to me. Who am I to say any of it is true.
All that stuff is over my head.

So your guess is as good as mine...just saying I agree...pretty jealous God presented, imo, by a primitive human mind, making up stories to blame all bad stuff on the Creator...
Whom has presented Himself to me as a Spirit of unimagineable Love...Love Itself.

(Not something I read about.)

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 06-18-2013 at 12:15 PM..

Old 06-18-2013, 12:13 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Satan knows his time is limited and will pull all he can to the dregs of hell. He is definitely a force once an angel named Lucifer who thought he was on the same level as God will meet his doom, yes he pursues the individuals who seek God and tries to deceive them in a disguised way.
Hi perry,

I understand what u are saying, of course...I just can't say in good conscious the word
'definitely' about anything I have read or been told by another...if I have not been shown it myself.

My mind has been blown too many times to think I really have much comprehension of this
Holographic creation, worlds within worlds, multi Universes now....every cell or particle being
a whole of the Creation within it....yikes!

Ego takes me away from focusing on God...if someone wants to call that satan, ok.
I have no idea what Ego is...but it is within me...it's major tool being distraction!!!!

But, who I really am is in power within me...and it re focuses "me" or my awareness
back onto Reality constantly....thank God or thank my Higher Self which is a part of God
or whatever!!!!

Old 06-18-2013, 01:26 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,184,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
People of the Mythologies and the free religions all seem to make comparisons between Gods, and combine them into their own pantheons. So with that in mind, looking at the description of Satan and looking at YHWHY of the Bible, I can't help but notice the GLARING similarities between the two. Satan is a character that is jealously murderous, seeking out any way to separate man from God, and looking at the 1st Commandment of Moses, it is very clear that YHWHY is VERY jealous. Jealous to the point that he kills off anyone who chooses to love any other spirit OTHER than him. Anyone from Hinduism who finds God, anyone from Greek mythology who finds God...or anyone else from any other religion, are all to be hated and JEALOUSLY discriminated against, according to Moses's YHWHY. How is that NOT the spirit of Satan?
Except that YHWH made satan and everything that exists. He will also destroy him someday. He will spare some of us that have bought into satans heresy. YHWH is that good.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Except that YHWH made satan and everything that exists. He will also destroy him someday. He will spare some of us that have bought into satans heresy. YHWH is that good.

The prophecy goes that Satan is in Heaven now, and will soon fall from Heaven. I see this happening with YHWHY. YHWHY is in Heaven for MUCH peoples all over the globe(all Christians, Jews, and Islam), and I see people throwing him out, out of pure logic and reasoning. It's what I have been experiencing on a very personal level, and I can tell you, it is liberating to throw him away. I don't have to cover up for him or try to explain away all the horrible atrocities YHWHY inflicts. I can instead, just throw him out of my Heaven, and Moses and/or Jesus with him. I can then live with my moral compass in tact. I believe I am one of the first that this happened to, and I can see this happening on a global scale as well. There's a latch-pin holding up YHWHY in Heaven, and when that pin gets pulled, the whole thing is going to come crashing to the ground imo. I'm not saying this out of spite. I believe this will happen, and I believe it will be a great day when it does. Man will be liberated from it, and things will change for the better as a result.jmo

Old 06-18-2013, 02:26 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,586 times
You certainly have an interesting perspective on things, Rider. I can give you that.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:34 PM

I think it very ironic how Pres. Bush declared a war against terrorism, while the whole time, the source of that terrorism is the God that Bush worshipped. When you search for the source of Islamic terrorism, you have to go back the Moses and YHWHY. The OT is a handbook on terrorism. This is the source. This is just a few examples of the Bible teaching the philosophy of terrorism. This is where Muhammad gets his political power from. If you say that YHWHY is your God, then you can explain away horrible atrocities and be worshipped. Muhammad took advantage of that power. These passages is just straight-up terrorism......I could post up MUCH more scriptures than these btw!

"If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother ... Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city ... And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die." Deuteronomy 21:18-21

"A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them". Leviticus 20:27

"Thou didst blaspheme God and the king. And then carry him out, and stone him, that he may die." 1 Kings 21:10

"They found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. ... And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones.... And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses." Numbers 15:32-56

Old 06-18-2013, 02:37 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
That is certainly the animal nature of man . . .. which is what Satan is. The internal Serpent (reptilian brain) accounts for all our evil tendencies. Our ignorant and savage ancestors attributed all those human weaknesses to God and believed God was responsible for everything they did and that ever happened to them. God NEVER possessed any of those human weaknesses. Christ came to lift the veil of ignorance over reading the OT and reveal the TRUE NATURE of God by His life, teachings and death. You are throwing the "baby out with the bath water" by believing the ancient ignorance about God in the OT.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is certainly the animal nature of man . . .. which is what Satan is. The internal Serpent (reptilian brain) accounts for all our evil tendencies. Our ignorant and savage ancestors attributed all those human weaknesses to God and believed God was responsible for everything that ever happened to them. God NEVER possessed any of those human weaknesses. Christ came to lift the veil of ignorance over reading the OT and reveal the TRUE NATURE of God by His life, teachings and death. You are throwing the "baby out with the bath water" by believing the ancient ignorance about God in the OT.

When I throw away YHWHY, I am throwing out the God of terrorism. He is NOT who I find to be holy or truthful in ANY way. I am not going to hold onto that lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality