Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2010, 12:23 AM

33,534 posts, read 37,136,097 times

Advertisements

The fear is yours alone Tom. Your god's empty threats cause no fear in those of us that live in the real world, where hell is just a myth....You christians are always babbling about salvation....Salvation from what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 12:27 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
YOU threatening us with Hell just sounds vindictive. Personally, I think if God exists, he or she is probably happier with people that preach love and acceptance, regardless of faith, than those that go around threatening other people with eternal suffering. Just a thought.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:37 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The fear is yours alone Tom. Your god's empty threats cause no fear in those of us that live in the real world, where hell is just a myth....You christians are always babbling about salvation....Salvation from what?

Demons are a reality which others have experienced sanspeur, including myself. They are facts the Bible speaks of. And they are part of the real world that others ignore. Salvation from Hell sanspeur. Hell is a reality as well. And those who ignore the existance of God will find themselves in Hell. Your real world only exist sanspeur as long as you can ignore the accounts of the Biblical text, and the accounts of others who found themselves in Hell.

YouTube - She Went To Hell, She Went To Heaven - Part 2 / 3

Old 06-16-2010, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
YOU threatening us with Hell just sounds vindictive. Personally, I think if God exists, he or she is probably happier with people that preach love and acceptance, regardless of faith, than those that go around threatening other people with eternal suffering. Just a thought.

It is the Bible that speaks of hell first. I have had encounters with demons which the bible also speaks of. This is not joke, nor is it an empty threat. God warns people of Hell. And that is why Christ came to die for the sin of the world. Those who reject the existance of God, will find themselves in hell.

Numerous accoounts have come to us from people who have already experienced hell. Consider the link below.

YouTube - She Went To Hell, She Went To Heaven - Part 2 / 3

Old 06-16-2010, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by putanginaniyo View Post
I believe in hell but vids like that will only make them laugh at you. I did not even click it but it seems whatever that vid is about is absurd. I used to be moved by testimonies like that, not anymore.. I also used to be scared by personal experiences like you have campbell, not anymore. Your truth can not be taken away from you though. But I don't know why you keep trying to explain to them what they have been multiple times said is myth. I also don't get Jehovah's religion and other religion to feel the need to proselytize. I know it is in the bible to inform them but you also have to know when to stop or sense when it is futile.

What angers me with these atheists is the incessant need to blasphemise my faith. No one knows what really happens when you die. Science can't even go beyond death. I just hope these atheists will lay off berating My God whom they admit does not exist because they come off as the lowest of low of idiots.

I only speak of what I know to be the truth. And someday I will be able to tell Jesus I did my best. If I speak the truth and they reject it, that is their choice. My choice, Is to continue to speak it. And there is always the chance that others will pick up on what I have stated and take it to heart. If millions of people read these posts, and twenty years from now only one person gives their life to Christ, it would all be worth it.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:51 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Why would you believe it was Gods puropse? Thats how it goes in this world. If something happens that is good. We say man can do wonderful things. Yet if things go bad, we blame God? God came to this world to try and show man how to love one another, and man nailed Him to a cross. God knows how evil men are, and God has given us a way to escape evil. So now you blame God for evil men. God gave man free will, and man has often used that free will to do evil. That is the reason we need a Saviour.
Jesus has given us a way, yet man continues to sin by blaming God and rejecting His gift of salvation. God has shown us in the prophecies of His Word that evil will increase as we get closer to the end of days. God has given us signs to watch for, and we see those signs happening today. Yet man does what he does best. He ignores those signs, and blames God for everything. Really, it's time men start taking responsibility for there own actions, rather than trying to lay all the blame at God's feet.
yes, yes
god is great
and we're all $hit

Old 06-16-2010, 06:16 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
There is no glee in my voice Rafius. I fear for you and all who reject Christ gift of salvation. You have no idea the terror that awaits those who reject Him. I have experienced myself demons. And I can only imagine the shock so many will experience when they soon discover their reality after death. I feel more like weeping.
I keep forgetting what a loving forgiving god you have there.

Medication might help with your "demon" issues.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:20 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
I believe in hell but vids like that will only make them laugh at you. I did not even click it but it seems whatever that vid is about is absurd. I used to be moved by testimonies like that, not anymore.. I also used to be scared by personal experiences like you have campbell, not anymore. Your truth can not be taken away from you though. But I don't know why you keep trying to explain to them what they have been multiple times said is myth. I also don't get Jehovah's religion and other religion to feel the need to proselytize. I know it is in the bible to inform them but you also have to know when to stop or sense when it is futile.

What angers me with these atheists is the incessant need to blasphemise my faith. No one knows what really happens when you die. Science can't even go beyond death. I just hope these atheists will lay off berating My God whom they admit does not exist because they come off as the lowest of low of idiots.
Calling us idiots ( because we dont believe as you) wont help your case getting us to stop blaspheming your God, while you all can tell us we will experience demons and terror and burn in hell,oh and that we are idiots, we can tell you just what we think of your god.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:03 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Default Serial demos of the irrational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Campbell, don't you ever stop to think, just for a moment, how ludicrous the whole story is? The omniscient deity that deliberately....

(snip'd4brev...)

.....'cause that's the way he planned it to happen!!

The whole story is simply too preposterous to even contemplate.

And yet....

Quote:
God knows everything.

(snip'd4brev...)

Nor is God impressed with large numbers.

And yet, you so often try to inflate the numerical/majority importance of one of your fantasy "discoveries" (see: GOREâ„¢) by assuring us ll that "scientists all over the world are now finding.... [fill in pseudo-fact of the day]..."

What you believe is preposterous, I already know is true. Most of this worlds population, is only a heart beat away from Hell. And only the person of Jesus Christ can save them from such a fate.

(Or, according to scripture and the statements of believers like yourself, all we hell-bound mockers have to do, once in our new, ultra-warm accommodations, is to truly repent. Which should not be hard given that just being in hell will be evidence enough that there is such a place, and therefore there is also a heaven available to each of us sinners if we only repent. After all, what's the diff between repenting now, and 12.576 minutes after you arrive in hell?

I've asked this question of several devout Christians and the answer is always the same: you are not" stuck" in hell forever. Just long enough to change into your heavenly clothing wardrobe and head for the departure lounge. after all, God gave us all free will, and surely therefore appreciates the likes of me, who simply uses that God-given free will to challenge the more hard-headed Christians like you to think about the strength of your oddball convictions..

Yet I can not deny my encounter with them so many years ago. God does exist, and His Words are true.
So you say. They're just illogical, indefensible, irrational and implausible is all. But other than that...

Quote:
Agh. You know, I am tired of reading these posts of atheists blaming God over all these tragedies that happened.

Not what we do, ****. Rather, if you'd bother to read slowly to comprehend, you'd see we simply ask why such a loving God could stand by, reclining in his heavenly recliner, while, for example, innocent children in a day care center in the lower levels of the WTC were crushed to a horrible, terrifying death by mega-tons of god-mandated falling concrete and steel (through his buddy Mohammed's directives in the equally inerrant Qu'Ran). Why not magically deflect that falling rubble around them, leaving an obvious memorial to His awesome power?

Obvious answer, proven time after endless time: He does not exist, or is a really cruel and spiteful individual.

If you'd stop taking it so personally, and avoid fits of ego-driven rage, you'd see the logic of our inquiries. BTW, this is an open debate forum, and while you'd like it if we'd all just shush or mindlessly praise your irrational god without any questions, sad to say that's not how this works. In America it's called Freedom of Speech, and in the same amendment, it's also called Freedom of or from mandated Religion..

Ironic, when they say He does not exist. And yet they keep proclaiming they are logical.

Why "odd"? Seems eminently understandable to me.

Funny, the family of the victims don't blame God for their loved ones dying. And yet these atheist still think they have all the right in the world to proclaim there is no God. I just shake my head.
Rationale for Believing after Visit to Ground Zero: Of course people in such a dreadful state of grief will, and must, assign hope and also blame to their conclusions. But if there is no God, then this is all too irrational and cruel. too hard to bear. So just accept a pagan belief system and you'll sleep better. Meantime, explain why one of my BF's cousins was killed there, a housewife visiting an equally evil secretary. No good reason? God was calling them all to his bosom?

Tripe. Plain and simple. And sadly misinformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
I guess you finally found your reason to reject God. Not that that is good reason, but just that you were looking for a reason. Now you are justified (at least in your own mind).

Many people see the same displays at Ground Zero and find God!
See: Rationales, above.

Quote:
You know, I really don't know if there will be free will in heaven. Yet my desire in heaven will be the same as my desire is now. And that is to follow God. And heaven will be filled with people of like minds.

Oh-0ee-ohh... eee-oh! All march along now, in step please!

Those who want to mock God, and ignore His commands will all be burning in Hell.

But as you'll have to agree, not for long! So... it's not a very effective threat, now is it, since we know the secret back door outa there!

And the reason God could not do the same thing here, is because it's not up to God as to who will follow Him. That is a choice we all must make ourselves. It has nothing to do with what God could make us do. It has everything to do, with what (WE) desire to do.
I desire to live free, and with an open mind, and basking in the inevitable truths that surround us all. Some chose to open their eyes, others do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam's Bikini Wax View Post
There are no gods, including yours. I'm merely pointing out one of the incredibly obvious flaws in your beliefs.

Sorry; it does no good, OBW. Not only are those eyes and mind glued forever shut, but they are not available to answer any questions asked of them, ever.

Quote:
Zombies do not make choices. All those found in heaven will have already made their choice to follow God long before they entered heaven.

Their "choice"? Based on Sunday School threats or a near-pathological far of death? some free will! BTW, how do spiritual but non-Christian individuals manage to get along? Like, say, the Apache or Jews or Mormons or Shinto? Just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
And I'll add, he should be happier with intelligent folk who choose to at least question and discuss his glory and purported omnipotence (which, BTW, he has chosen to never demonstrate since biblical times.)

Quote:
I believe in hell but vids like that will only make them laugh at you.

Agreed. Reality TV starring the surreal. but remember: only the convinced bother to watch such nonsense!.

I did not even click it but it seems whatever that vid is about is absurd. I used to be moved by testimonies like that, not anymore.. I also used to be scared by personal experiences like you have campbell, not anymore.

Agreed. God-Scare tactics are so "not" believable!

Your truth can not be taken away from you though. But I don't know why you keep trying to explain to them what they have been multiple times said is myth. I also don't get Jehovah's religion and other religion to feel the need to proselytize. I know it is in the bible to inform them but you also have to know when to stop or sense when it is futile.

What angers me with these atheists is the incessant need to blasphemise my faith.

It's the persistent but sad consequence of any attempt at discussing it rationally, ****. Once a Christian is logically cornered, they always resort to their last ditch defense: the virulent ad hominem attack.

No one knows what really happens when you die. Science can't even go beyond death. I just hope these atheists will lay off berating My God whom they admit does not exist because they come off as the lowest of low of idiots.

Yup! Ad hominem attack. Typical, predictable, and functionally useless, but hey: if it makes you feel superior, go for it!

Last edited by rifleman; 06-16-2010 at 08:15 AM..

Old 06-16-2010, 10:21 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:

So presumably you believe in all the other gods claimed by other religions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality