Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 11:04 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,282,291 times

Advertisements

I have to insert some humor here.

I took my mom to Ohio in July for a family reunion with her side of the family. I decided to take a road trip to KY to meet up with my cousins from my dads's side. I have 3 cousins in KY from my dad's side of the family that I have not seen since my dad passed away in 1978. One was a baby when I last saw him, he was out of town when I took my road trip to KY. Later that evening I received a FB message from him stating the following: I wish we could have been there to see you and spend time together. I would loved to take you to The Ark Encounter for lunch.

Those of you who know my thoughts on the bible myths can only imagine how that message must have stuck me! LOL I still get a chuckle out of it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2019, 01:14 AM

11,086 posts, read 6,030,785 times
Hey Matadora! Good to see you still here!

Old 09-26-2019, 02:08 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,819,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I have to insert some humor here.

I took my mom to Ohio in July for a family reunion with her side of the family. I decided to take a road trip to KY to meet up with my cousins from my dads's side. I have 3 cousins in KY from my dad's side of the family that I have not seen since my dad passed away in 1978. One was a baby when I last saw him, he was out of town when I took my road trip to KY. Later that evening I received a FB message from him stating the following: I wish we could have been there to see you and spend time together. I would loved to take you to The Ark Encounter for lunch.

Those of you who know my thoughts on the bible myths can only imagine how that message must have stuck me! LOL I still get a chuckle out of it!
Nice to see you again. Why would anyone go to the Ark Encounter for lunch? I saw a vid of it being mostly empty. I don't know about the prices, but surely there are better places to go. I mean, I've eaten in museums for convenience, but I'd never go there for that purpose.

Well, yes I would. While in London I took my sister and niece to the natural history Museum middle (1)restaurant because I thought that it was pretty good. Also the V and A because it was..an experience, and I posted an endorsement of the coffee shop of the Music Museum (Kew, London. ..England.. ). Other Museums not mentioned I would rather go Out and find somewhere to eat.

So the ark Encounter doesn't strike me as a place to go for coffee and Danish, exactly. But of course it is a place for Biblical Disneyland. Where fantasies are built in full scale in order to make them seem real.

(1) There's an eating area which is pretty awful, a Top restaurant which is overpriced and swanky and I didn't care for the menu anyway and the Middle one which does a good pizza, decent seating and service.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 09-26-2019 at 03:27 AM..

Old 09-26-2019, 02:56 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,616,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Somebody gave me a rep on this, and then I read it, don't remember writing it, but I might quote myself, so strange looking at something you write with no memory of having wrote it.
Heavy dab night?

Old 09-26-2019, 07:29 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,282,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Hey Matadora! Good to see you still here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Nice to see you again.
Hey there fellows! It's nice to hear from you as well.

Trans with respect to why would my cousin want to take me to The Ark Encounter for lunch I can only imagine he thinks is a cool attraction that has a decent lunch. My KY cousins are true mountain hillbillies and very kind ones and proud to be hillbillies.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Hey there fellows! It's nice to hear from you as well.

Trans with respect to why would my cousin want to take me to The Ark Encounter for lunch I can only imagine he thinks is a cool attraction that has a decent lunch. My KY cousins are true mountain hillbillies and very kind ones and proud to be hillbillies.
Well, I rather hope you do go along and enjoy the day out and can report back on the encounter, Creation Museum and Bible Disneyland park as well as the eaterie. Post a review on Trip Advisor. Take piccies.

Old 09-27-2019, 05:48 AM

998 posts, read 438,509 times
The story about Noah is to reduce people to his family. This time, the true God is reducing people in this world. World War III will reduce people by two-thirds, Maybe includes also those who will die by famine and war, That means, for every three people. two will die by the smoke.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:00 PM

If such a god Loves us, ain't we lucky it doesn't hate us?

Old 09-28-2019, 02:57 AM

11,086 posts, read 6,030,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
If such a god Loves us, ain't we lucky it doesn't hate us?
Ain't that the truth!

Maybe that's what's mean by 'having the truth'?

Old 09-29-2019, 05:32 PM

998 posts, read 438,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Ain't that the truth!

Maybe that's what's mean by 'having the truth'?
'Having the truth'. Do you 'have the truth'? Why don't you read mine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality