Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 05:46 PM

23,257 posts, read 10,535,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Heavy dab night?
No, more like a heavy dab lifetime and I just have no memory of most of the things that happen, really bad memory loss, it's like that my mind is always occupied, whatever I am doing, and that is why I don't remember anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2019, 10:18 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,415,496 times
Hmmm

All of the animals boarded the ark “in the selfsame day.” Genesis: 7:13-14

Noah, a 500 year old man told millions of animals onto the ark, or according to Christian apologists only 20, 000-50, 000

“However, this response requires creationists to believe that just 16,000 animals developed into billions of species in less than 4000 years”

Old 11-06-2019, 10:29 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,415,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
I usually try to stay away from these kinds of debates, but I guess since most of the other believers are in church by now, I'll have to chime in here on our behalf.

Genesis 6
20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. 21 You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them."

I know you've heard it said before and is a bit "cliche", however, through God, anything is possible.
It's impossible to know how many creatures there were in that day. But it doesn't say that Noah had to gather them all, God said "they will come to you". Therefore, God was in charge of the creatures getting onto the boat, not necessarily Noah.

That being said, this is also where I tend to follow the path of evolution. While I in NO WAY believe that any specie can evolve from a different specie, I do believe that, over time (from the time of creation until now), it is possible that many of species we have now have evolved and reproduced into what we have today. It is not said ANYWHERE in the Bible exactly what creatures existed at that time.

It's obvious...There are ALWAYS going to be questions that cannot be answered scientifically. Even with as much scientific proof and evidence as there is today, there is still plenty that even the scientific community cannot prove or disprove...Some things will always be a mystery, not all questions are meant to be answered.
There's like 10 billion species. They must have fit in that boat pretty tightly LOL

Old 11-06-2019, 10:49 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,824,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Hmmm

Noah, a 500 year old man told millions of animals onto the ark, or according to Christian apologists only 20, 000-50, 000

“However, this response requires creationists to believe that just 16,000 animals developed into billions of species in less than 4000 years”
Yes. Skipping entirely over the problem of how the species survived At All given that there was sod -all to eat when they got off the Ark (even with the 'rotting corpse' apologetic ), the Creationist solution is (apart from foolish stuff like inflating mountains and volcanoes blowing Koalas to Australia) is to simply take Old Earth geology, palaeontology and Evolution theory, start it all from the end of the Cretaceous (Which i believe is proposed as the 'Flood levels') and have all the Old Earth geology, palaeontology and Evolution theory start from them and complete itself - break -up of Pangaea and evolution of species - all within a thousand years or less. Effectively, it's Darwinism fitted into a YE timescale.

Mind you - no miracles.

God cannot ever wave a magic wand to get over Problems Because the first time God makes a miracle to make the flood and Ark work.......

you don't need the flood and Ark.

P.s damn - you seem ok. Didn't i give you a Hard Time over some theism or other? Well it ain't Personal.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 11-06-2019 at 10:59 AM..

Old 11-08-2019, 04:14 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,888,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Hmmm

Yup! That's quicker than evolution claims!

Old 11-08-2019, 09:05 AM

23,257 posts, read 10,535,831 times
Spiritual story showing the planned future of a flood where an ark is loaded two by two, male and female, and this to crossover the water just as Israel crossed over the red sea, as they crossed the Jabok and the Jordan, just as Moses was put in a basket upon the waters, just as Jonah crossing in a symbolised death.

It is an ongoing repeating story where we see Jesus walking across the water, Jesus making fishers of men to save people out of the waters.

Just because Christians present the creation story and the flood story as a literal story, it doesn't mean that Moses meant it as one, and WE KNOW FOR A FACT THAT MOSES NEVER MEANT IT TO BE TAKEN LITERAL.

You guys are debating somebody's false opinion on what was written, and their false opinion does not cast a shadow of what is really trying to be relayed. Moses went out of his way to prove it was not a literal story.

Old 11-08-2019, 07:09 PM

998 posts, read 438,593 times
Can God not create those were not loaded into the ark?

Old 11-08-2019, 07:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,255,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
"God" could've prevented such a stupid story in the first place by not having a petulant hissy fit because it screwed up and decided to drown everything.

Old 11-09-2019, 04:43 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,824,096 times
Quote:

God could get over all and any practical problems by waving a magic wand, yes. But then the whole Ark and Flood scenario becomes pointless, doesn't it? Essentially, God, knowing before creation what would happen, would skip Adam altogether and start with Noah.

Do you see? Don't you see clearly, that none of it mikes the slightest sense?

Old 11-09-2019, 04:50 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,630,557 times
Quote:
again it gets back to people not aligning the traits of their god to the traits of the system around us. not that "anti-god" makes more sense.

why would you hold to a literal flood when it doesn't make sense?

for me your story may be half true. nature wiped an area because they choose poorly. to me, living in a flood zone when all indications where that something bad was going to happen is a bad choice.

what does it say about the traits (or characteristics) that you assign to your god?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality