Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2008, 08:27 AM

897 posts, read 2,457,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
From the Jewish Encyclopedia, we learn that the Talmud slanders Christ.

"...the Jewish Encyclopoedia (admits that Jewish legends concerning Jesus are found in the Talmud) and Midrash and in" the life of Jesus (Toledot Yeshu) that originated in the Middle Ages. It is the tendency of all these sources to belittle the person of Jesus by ascribing to Him illegitimate birth, magic, and a shameful death."

The Talmud & Jesus Christ
Jesus In The Talmud - Introduction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 09:26 AM

897 posts, read 2,457,260 times
Nazareth Did not exist at the time of jesus
JewishEncyclopedia.com - NAZARETH
Nazareth – The Town that Theology Built

Did a historical Jesus exist?- this article has answers to almost every argument that has been posted on this thread
Did Jesus exist?

Old 03-16-2008, 10:24 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,968,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
Nazareth Did not exist at the time of jesus
JewishEncyclopedia.com - NAZARETH
Nazareth – The Town that Theology Built

Did a historical Jesus exist?- this article has answers to almost every argument that has been posted on this thread
Did Jesus exist?
I'm sorry but Nazareth did exist during Jesus time, and you can see this from a article written by Dr. Ray Register who lived in Nazareth for 25 years. He can point out to you where the locations of first century buildings were. You can read about this in his article. Hope this link works for you.

Nazareth

Old 03-29-2008, 06:43 AM

896 posts, read 1,864,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I'm sorry but Nazareth did exist during Jesus time, and you can see this from a article written by Dr. Ray Register who lived in Nazareth for 25 years. He can point out to you where the locations of first century buildings were. You can read about this in his article. Hope this link works for you.

Nazareth
Let's take a quote from that site. I am not taking this quote out of context, this is just how the author wrote it....

"Down the road in the center of town the huge Basilica to the Annunciation built by the Roman Catholics preserves as its altar the first Century cave home of the Virgin Mary"

It reminds me of the various reports of churches having strange artifacts, like one that used to (maybe it still does) have a vial of Mary's breast milk!

Let's get real and try to find at least a small piece of believable evidence that the man known as Jesus really did exist.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:55 PM

3 posts, read 10,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
horse,
That is an incredible drawing. It looks like it was a photograph that was traced over somehow--hehe it looks like you are trying to make a point about the Shroud of Turin
In reference to the art @ Jesus wept., "No". I was not making reference to the Shroud of Turin. I just make art about Chirst - because I believe that He existed. Here is another.

Here is a whole three part work of sequential art about Him:

Tempt the Messiah-part1

Has anyone on the planet ever, ever been talked about so much as Christ? I do not think so. Is this proof He existed? In and of itself, no - but surely it means something that goes beyond mere wishful thinking.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:31 PM

200 posts, read 121,730 times
There's no evidence for a historical Jesus. In fact, the Jesus myth (a man who was born a virgin through immaculate conception, lived, performed miracles, died, and rose again) can be found in a number of other religions which predate Christianity by hundreds to thousands of years.

If Jesus were real, and a truly influential person, believe me, there'd be atleast one artifact to confirm his life. There are none.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:49 AM

613 posts, read 1,270,163 times
blah blah blah its all been said ...read through this its been goin on fer like a year.... the fact still remains he lives in the souls and minds of almost everyone...whether you believe in him or not.....personally i believe in the idea of him...he man not have been a man...but there is a complex metaphor behind it......the bible itself is one big metaphore

Old 04-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,118,635 times
Man has a will of his own and has been provided plenty of rope to hang himself if he so desires.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:10 AM

245 posts, read 625,261 times
what an odd argument, as many of you know I am not a christian, but I would be very surprised if jesus was a hoax.A few of his deciples countinued on past his death and formed churches of there own. And if he was a fabrication then it would stand to reason that so where his desiples, but why would you make up someone like paul than not use half the books he saposedly wrote?

Old 04-24-2008, 09:43 AM

793 posts, read 2,213,097 times
So many people witness him, his miricles and his death. Even important historical figures has seen him in flesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality