Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 10:11 AM

22,375 posts, read 19,294,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
everything anyone puts down in writing is the complete and utter truth.
LOL....I read it in the National Enquirer so it must be true!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 10:59 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,443,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I am new to this site and so I am not sure if this has been discussed. I am a teacher and my class was reading the Greek myths. One of my Hispanic students asked me why Jesus' name ( Hay-suz) was almost the same as that of Zeus (who was after all, first) . Is there any reason for this similiarity? The Bible was written in Greek, after all. I can not imagine that it is coincidental.
Jesus Christ's name comes from the Greek text of the New Testament. His name is written as "is" in the latin it is writen as IHS or IHC (ies or jes) and Christ is written XPI (sounds like "cree"). In English we just pronounce it Jesus although the spanish pronouciation is probably closer sounding like yehsus.

Jesus or Yehshua from the Hebrew is the diminutive form of Yehoshua (Joshua). The name Yehoshua means "God saves" or "Yah saves" as Yah is part of the name of God that God gave to Moses at the burning bush. This name for God is Yahweh which means "I am that I am". Yah just means "I am". The characters in the Hebrew are Yud-Hey-Vav-Hay. No vowels are present so the true pronounciation is lost. But it is not too far from Yahweh, or Yahveh. The Yah has survived in terms like "Halleluyah" or, prise to (Hallelu) God (yah).

Since Greek and Latin are translations of the name of Jesus then they don't have the same source as the Hebrew, and different source to Zeus.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,411 times
The orignal name of the son is yashua, you can't simply change a name. Also jesus is a artifical name made by the church, it's a mixture of mythological names, one of them being zeuz.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:55 PM

5 posts, read 10,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheguevara View Post
People like you frighten me!

So what's the claim here.....longevity = truth?
People like YOU should be frightened because you are going to hell
The Bible Does come from God that's why it lasts and will last until the day God himself decides it should not..

Old 10-26-2009, 02:03 PM

[quote=Inigo_Montoya;1977355]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenaline2 View Post
if I told you my mother was in the other room, here with me, and I just spoke to her, and her name is "wilma". would you believe that? /quote]

Sure, but even if I didn't I could always call or visit you and ask to speak to her and verify she really exists and who you claim she is. Not sure what your point is.

Btw I imagine there is more factual, documented evidence of your mother than there is of Jesus.
You sound so dumb that you sound like you think humans were not created by God but were hatched from an egg by a chicken.. Fix that tiny brain of yours and try to learn

Old 10-26-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheguevara View Post
No, but it is not proven that the bible is either.
The Bible predicted about the number 666... and it came true (google 666 and you'll see people putting the number on their skins which is exactly what the Bible predicted)... mail me back if you're smart enough to realize the facts about God and the Bible.. I'll give you more proofs

Old 10-26-2009, 02:17 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,461,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I am new to this site and so I am not sure if this has been discussed. I am a teacher and my class was reading the Greek myths. One of my Hispanic students asked me why Jesus' name ( Hay-suz) was almost the same as that of Zeus (who was after all, first) . Is there any reason for this similiarity? The Bible was written in Greek, after all. I can not imagine that it is coincidental.
It's all because of the language being confounded at Babel.

The Hebrew word for God is LIFE/BREATH/YHWH, And YHWH is the breath we are loaned which is stamped with His own brand name "YH-WH". From YHWH comes the word for Eve, which is associated with "life", as she was named that by the male Adam from whom she was taken, because she was to mother the "living" [seed]. Living is from חוה/chavah -to breathe, which is the source word for "Jove", which became "Zeus", in the language confounding.

YHWH/LIFE/BREATH is before the Greek Zeus. Jesus is transliterated from the Greek rendering of the Hebrew word for "Salvation" -"Howshea" in Hebrew, but in Him/Jesus was "Zoe/LIFE".
Edenic -proto Hebrew- is the mother tongue, and you can learn the root etymons for the English, Greek, Latin, and all languages, in the Edenic/Hebrew root etymons from the dictionary by Isaac Mozeson, and the science of it, from his book "The Origin of Speeches"
The Origin of Speeches (http://www.lightcatcherbooks.com/products_books_originofspeeches.html - broken link).
The Word - by Dr. Isaac Mozeson (http://www.hebrewworld.com/theword.html - broken link)

Zeus will be traced back to the Hebrew/Edenic, and as Paul said, all men once knew who "YHWH", Elohym/God was, and corrupted His image:
Quote:

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things

Old 10-26-2009, 02:18 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,877,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boichuahsang View Post
Cue the Scooby Doo cartoon please.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:21 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,877,578 times
Quote:
... mail me back if you're smart enough to realize the facts about God and the Bible.. I'll give you more proofs
If you look carefully you'll see that the person you are responding to is no longer a member. ....but I'll take you on if you're interested.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:23 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,013,411 times
Quote:
The Bible Does come from God that's why it lasts and will last until the day God himself decides it should not..
Oh, for real?!?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality