Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 06:22 PM

691 posts, read 641,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
So then are you suggesting.... ALIENS did it?
No, GOD created Man. Why? do you believe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 06:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
So you think an male and female of race A can procreate a child of with the physical characteristics of race B or race C?

Well they can, and when you find out why then you know why.
You have no clue what I think.

Nor, I am now quite sure, do you have a lot of...let's call it "clarity", about your own beliefs.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:34 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,637,703 times
Quote:
Why should I just take your word for it? Are you God? From your post, it sounded like you were headed into "Chariots of the Gods" territory suggesting that God is an advanced Alien. Some people seem to believe that. What would be the point or need to modify anything? Making a modiication of something seems to suggest that the original wasn't good enough, let alone perfect. In addition, so the female was an afterthought? Wouldn't it make more sense to create a being that could self-replicate in the first place? Doesn't seem that would be quite as enjoyable, but, hey, you never know. And what's with the plural "Gods" you seem to use? There's more than one?

Don't take offense. Just tossing out some naturally curious thoughts.

Last edited by NightBazaar; 10-26-2013 at 09:47 PM..

Old 10-26-2013, 11:57 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,647,905 times
The whole lot of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. I started reading on page 1, and then by page 3 an interesting topic had turned into a shouting match of off topic jabs. Skipping up to page 12, I see you're still at it. @#$@ me! Who cares whether or not it happened as the Bible states.

Basically, we see that their ages decreased in a precisely logarithmic manner which could only be invented by a mathematical genius (see graph below). This logarithmic decay means that their lifespans decreased much faster at the beginning. I suppose that this is why Jacob made mention of it to Pharaoh near the end of Genesis, but there wouldn't be any noticeable generational difference 1000 years later. The nephilim merely references the long lifespans enjoyed by the "men of old" on both sides of The Flood.

Even if we view the Bible as a fairy tale, we still have to use logic when interpreting what it is saying. The 120 seems to be referring to the future limit of man's age, but I think I favour the second interpretation with reference to the flood.

Last edited by Glacierx; 10-27-2013 at 12:32 AM..

Old 10-27-2013, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
Even if we view the Bible as a fairy tale, we still have to use logic when interpreting what it is saying. The 120 seems to be referring to the future limit of man's age, but I think I favour the second interpretation with reference to the flood.
Like Thomas Paine stated, Every

Old 10-27-2013, 02:27 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
The whole lot of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. I started reading on page 1, and then by page 3 an interesting topic had turned into a shouting match of off topic jabs. Skipping up to page 12, I see you're still at it. @#$@ me! Who cares whether or not it happened as the Bible states.

Basically, we see that their ages decreased in a precisely logarithmic manner which could only be invented by a mathematical genius (see graph below). This logarithmic decay means that their lifespans decreased much faster at the beginning. I suppose that this is why Jacob made mention of it to Pharaoh near the end of Genesis, but there wouldn't be any noticeable generational difference 1000 years later. The nephilim merely references the long lifespans enjoyed by the "men of old" on both sides of The Flood.

"precisely logarithmic manner which could only be invented by a mathematical genius"?

Uh... seriously?

Old 10-27-2013, 04:44 AM

Ever science has for its basis a system of principles which are fixed an unalterable as those the universe is regulated and governed.

So in Genesis 5:32 it is written, " And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth"

So was Noah 500 years old when he begat Shem, Ham and Japeth?

Gen 6:10-13
10 And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Since Shem was the youngest, so if he was born when Noah was 500 years old, and Noah was 600 years old when the flood began, then 120 years has nothing to do with the flood since it was only 100 years after he was told.

This might have made why Thomas Paine madehis comment, But the belief of a God is so weakened by being mixed with the strange fable of the Christian creed, and with the wild adventures related in the Bible, and of the obscurity and obscene nonsense of the Testament, that the mind of man is bewildered as in a fog. Instead then, of studying theology, as is now done, out of the Bible and Testament, the meanings of which books are always controverted and the authenticity of which is disproved, it is necessary that we refer to the Bible of the creation. The principles we discover there are eternal and of divine origin; they are the foundation of all the science that exists in the world, and must be the foundation of theology.

Plus, to be perfect in his the number of his generations, meaning offspring as evident by Genesis 6:9, "These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God." and Genesis 5:1"This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;" and Gen 11:27 Now these are the generations of Terah: Terah begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran; and Haran begat Lot; all three of his children had to have been born.

So, as Thomas Paine also said, the Bible is the most read and least examined book

Last edited by deadwood; 10-27-2013 at 05:01 AM..

Old 10-27-2013, 05:31 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:

Why?...He needed someone to love and love Him back...

Old 10-27-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Why?...He needed someone to love and love Him back...
Hope if it wasn't t taken out of context, but needless to say that your response pretty much speaks for itself.

So your still 120 year til the flood right?

Old 10-27-2013, 09:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Hope if it wasn't t taken out of context, but needless to say that your response pretty much speaks for itself.

So your still 120 year til the flood right?

The way you type is confusing...Please be more coherent...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality