Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 03:53 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
You could take out God and add any Deity to this statement. If you don't come here to engage in debate then posting here is pointless.
Isaiah 55:11 My Word won't return void.

For those still searching for truth, who are lost, and are ready, his word will find them and so posting has purpose and I will keep on posting the word of God. To me, engaging in debate is pointless because I'm secure in my beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 03:06 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,890,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Isaiah 55:11 My Word won't return void.

For those still searching for truth, who are lost, and are ready, his word will find them and so posting has purpose and I will keep on posting the word of God. To me, engaging in debate is pointless because I'm secure in my beliefs.
'Posting here has a purpose, but posting here is pointless'?

Make up your mind... :P

Old 03-14-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
'Posting here has a purpose, but posting here is pointless'?

Make up your mind... :P
Where did I say "posting here has a purpose, but posting here is pointless" did you seriously just read it that way? You even quoted what I said and repeated it wrong. lol way to misrepresent what I said entirely.

Let me clarify the obvious. Posting the Word of God has purpose (the intent to save others has purpose for me) Engaging in debate, however, holds no purpose for me because I'm secure in my beliefs. If I wanted a debate, I would go to the atheist forum! I just post my experiences with God and my knowledge about scripture when a question is asked, and leave it at that. I ignore those who try to engage debate; it's no use!

Are we only supposed to debate here?

Old 03-14-2014, 10:47 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times
Quote:
Where did I say "posting here has a purpose, but posting here is pointless" did you seriously just read it that way? You even quoted what I said and repeated it wrong. lol way to misrepresent what I said entirely.

Let me clarify the obvious. Posting the Word of God has purpose (the intent to save others has purpose for me) Engaging in debate, however, holds no purpose for me because I'm secure in my beliefs. If I wanted a debate, I would go to the atheist forum! I just post my experiences with God and my knowledge about scripture when a question is asked, and leave it at that. I ignore those who try to engage debate; it's no use!

Are we only supposed to debate here?
To legitimize this statement you must first demonstrate that what you are posted is indeed the "Word of God". You have no evidence that would suggest such is the case. Without such, your posts really are meaningless and pointless.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
To legitimize this statement you must first demonstrate that what you are posted is indeed the "Word of God". You have no evidence that would suggest such is the case. Without such, your posts really are meaningless and pointless.
His word doesn't return void, thus I will keep posting it. I might add, you have no evidence to the contrary and I won't be discouraged from posting.

And we are back where we started.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
His word doesn't return void, thus I will keep posting it. I might add, you have no evidence to the contrary and I won't be discouraged from posting.

And we are back where we started.
Though this negative CAN be proven, the onus is on the one making the positive claim. While you will certainly continue to post, please be aware that your flawed claims will be exposed, making our case much easier.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Though this negative CAN be proven, the onus is on the one making the positive claim. While you will certainly continue to post, please be aware that your flawed claims will be exposed, making our case much easier.
You can't prove it. Just admit you're going on a belief system that the Bible isn't the Word of God.

Whether or not my argument is flawed depends on the audience receiving the message.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
You can't prove it. Just admit you're going on a belief system that the Bible isn't the Word of God.

Whether or not my argument is flawed depends on the audience receiving the message.
Actually, whether its flawed or not depends upon the logic, reason, and facts behind it, with no regards to faith or hope.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Actually, whether its flawed or not depends upon the logic, reason, and facts behind it, with no regards to faith or hope.
I noticed you left out evidence this time.

Again, dependent on the audience. Coming to the knowledge of Christ is something that happens when the Word of God is shared. There are no flaws in the truth.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:32 PM

John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality