Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 03:52 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
What is interesting is this year Cadbury's is introducing Halal Easter candy. Sounds stupid, till I realized that is going to increase the after Easter Candy sales. Could also open the door for year round Chocolate bunny sales.

The change for making the candy Halal was just for them to certify the candy does not contain anything we Muslims are not permitted to eat. No religious ritual required.
Keep in mind Cadbury is owned by Hershey. Thus Chocolates that have been Kosher for years are simply being re-labelled to have a Halal icon on them (the ones that contain no alcohol). Thus the Cadbury Chocolate Cream Egg which is Kosher, is also Halal.

https://www.thehersheycompany.com/br...n.aspx#/Kosher
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
...and someone told me that they wait for the Passover items to be half-price too
Not even the Jews want them.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
It doesn't matter what your belief system is, I am curious to know if any other religions do anything special on Easter or is this just another Sunday for them.
Eat Chinese food just like Christmas.

Old 04-17-2014, 04:03 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Keep in mind Cadbury is owned by Hershey. Thus Chocolates that have been Kosher for years are simply being re-labelled to have a Halal icon on them (the ones that contain no alcohol). Thus the Cadbury Chocolate Cream Egg which is Kosher, is also Halal.

It is nice of you guys to do the work for us. That is true nearly everything that is Kosher ls Halal.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:35 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
The kids get baskets. We hide eggs, sometimes go fishing, we also do some planting. Then wekick off the annual "hide your candy from mom " tournament. If your bunny makes it a whole week with it's ears intact, you get a special prize.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:50 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Easter is a big holiday where I'm from and includes two bank (public) holidays. So Easter itself is a long weekend, plus schools are always closed for at least a week around Easter. So because I have kids I continue to make something of it. Today we are making our traditional chocolate birds nests and hot cross buns. Easter Sunday we will have an Easter egg hunt.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:55 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post

Cadbury isn't owned by Hershey. Hershey just have a license to manufacture and distribute Cadbury's chocolate in the US.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:14 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,865,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
It doesn't matter what your belief system is, I am curious to know if any other religions do anything special on Easter or is this just another Sunday for them.
Just another Sunday.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:48 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,040,180 times
I had to look at the calender to see what day Easter is this year. I don't have anything on the calender for that day.

If the weather is nice, I will probably do some gardening.

It's possible that the turkey hens might pay some eggs to celebrate. There's no egg hunt, though, They always lay eggs in the same nest.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:52 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
We used to ask my old boss, who was Jewish, what he was going to do on Christmas Day, a day off. He would say: "Go to a movie and then get Chinese food."

Sounds like a fun day to me!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality