Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 09:41 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,217,639 times

Advertisements

DNA Evidence Debunks the "Out-of-Africa" Theory of Human Evolution | Wake Up World

I always found the assertions of folk moving north made them white pretty stupid.

You know, for a guy living in Africa his whole life, it really is NOT that hot here; we do get snow in some parts. More sunshine does not a black person make. I still believe in Evolution as the biblical alternative of Ham or Cain does not have any scientific credence.

Abiogenesis did not take place in one isolated spot. Multiple occurrences of this could well explain the diversity of the human genome, why folk do not want to go there beats me. The ToE has shown migration to land and back to the sea of ancient critters.

The idea of a michodonial Eve merely illustrates the diversity and the commonality of external influences on our evolution to where we are now. IF we were all descendant from a single pair whether that be Adam and Eve or the OOA model, we should all have the same looks when it comes to genitalia; that aspect varies as we look across different races. No two look alike; the variances are just too vast to assume we all are the "same". We are not.

No I do not have proof, neither do theists. This is merely my opinion based on observation in RL and what I have observed (you know, those taboo sites )

I guess we can celebrate "viva la difference" - No?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 02:35 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,071,729 times
So then homosapiens first came from africa into australia and possibly became homosapiens sapiens in isolation in australia instead of Africa? Wouldn't that still be an "out-of-africa" story?

Old 06-25-2014, 05:32 PM

618 posts, read 541,396 times
Hello SeekerSA.

I am going to be frank - you sometimes strike me as no different in your thinking than the fundamentalists you ridicule with such ferocity.

This article does not debunk the Out-Of-Africa theory; it is an argument against it, and for Australian origins...by a guy who happens to make a living writing about the Australian Aborigines, on a website dedicated specifically to going against conventional thought. It may be right in the end, but to make the definitive proclamation at this point that Out-Of-Africa has been "debunked" strikes me as incredibly presumptive. Nonetheless you have done so (as has the author) motivated (I suspect) largely by the fact that you don't like the theory and because it doesn't ring true for you personally.

Human origin is a complex puzzle. Out-Of-Africa was, as hypothesies are, a best-guess. This article presents a different best-guess and makes an argument for its strengths and the competing theory's weaknesses. I can just about guarantee you that neither theory is the "final answer"...there are still too many unknowns.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding you, but are you arguing that life might have come to exist on this planet by abiogenesis in more than one place, setting off two different evolutionary chains that converged to modern humans? And you are wondering why no one wants to "go there?" Is that correct, or is this a miscommunication? Because the statistical probability of such a coincidence is absurdly minuscule.

Thanks.

Last edited by Hyker; 06-25-2014 at 06:55 PM..

Old 06-25-2014, 06:31 PM

1,879 posts, read 2,029,159 times
The only place this author has been published is "New Dawn Magazine."

New Dawn Magazine - Ancient Wisdom, New Thinking ~ Since 1991

And he's just a former high school teacher. Forgive me if I don't trust his credentials on human genetics and biology.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:53 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Not to pile on but...the best lesson I took from three years of Journalism at University is to always consider the source.

(Which is why I'm so darn appreciative of being alive in an age where Snopes.com exists.)

Old 06-25-2014, 07:10 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,217,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyker View Post
Because the statistical probability of such a coincidence is absurdly minuscule.
Why?

Old 06-26-2014, 05:02 AM

618 posts, read 541,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Why?
Hello again SeekerSA.

Let's start with the number of laboratory experiments that have provided organic molecules with (what we are guessing) is absolute ideal conditions for self-organization and subsequent molecular evolution such that a simple organism is produced. Experiments of this nature have been performed many, many times with a current success rate of zero. This implies that either conditions must be perfect or that even under perfect conditions molecular evolution is very unlikely. Therefore, for conditions to be ideal in more than one location and/or for a very unlikely event to occur in two or more places on the same planet has very small odds indeed. And that's just to get the ball rolling...

From the point at which simple life has come to exist, we are presented with innumerable different forms that it could take in response to evolutionary pressures (the adverse conditions that create natural selection). Your hypothesis would require that of all the infinite possibilities, separate evolutionary chains reach the exact same "final product" (i.e. humanity) with such fidelity to a single design that they are interbreedable and nearly indistinguishable. Considering the complexity of the human genome, the idea that it could develop independently on the same planet twice is absurdly (and I do mean absurdly) unlikely...

And not only that, but there is no evidence for two seperate evolutionary paths in the fossil record, which means that under your hypothesis they would not only have to originate concurrently AND reach the same "final product," but would need to do so in parallel so perfectly as to make them indistinguishable in the fossil record every single step of the way.

I'm sorry, but that simply isn't possible. When measured against a single point of origin, it just doesn't make any sense at all.

Thanks.

Old 06-26-2014, 06:06 AM

13,622 posts, read 4,940,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Not to pile on but...the best lesson I took from three years of Journalism at University is to always consider the source.

(Which is why I'm so darn appreciative of being alive in an age where Snopes.com exists.)
Also not to pile on, but his reference to diversity of genitalia is puzzling to say the least. I mean, he could have picked any number of features....

Old 06-26-2014, 06:19 AM

20,024 posts, read 13,501,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Also not to pile on, but his reference to diversity of genitalia is puzzling to say the least. I mean, he could have picked any number of features....
I was wondering when someone was going to notice that. And figure out a delicate way to mention it. I wasn't feeling too creative this morning.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:33 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,794,799 times
The problem with the Australia thing is migration to there and from there.

Easier to see migration via land out of Africa to all over Africa, Europe, and Asia. Later boat travel to Australia and throughout the Pacific.

Going to Australia and then from there to Europe, Australia, and Asia is more problematic.

The path of least resistance et al.

PS I am old enough to remember the out of Africa thing going back into the 60's, not the 90's. Kids today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality