Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 06:42 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
If only seen as a wasting of seed that would limit procreation, is it not also a 9 months of waste when the wife is pregnant ?
Poor guy then has to choose between celibacy, adultery or the sin of waste.
Isn't the female potentially wasting an egg each month she doesn't get preggers? Some months she may even "kill" a baby with NO action on her part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 11:51 AM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
I don't think it's a sin unless your hollering " Oh God" near the end.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 875 times
There are people who masturbate and people who lie and say they don't masturbate.

Everyone masturbates, most men masturbate at least once a day even if they have sex that day. It is a natural function that every young boy discovers on his own. Why some people attempt to make them feel guilty for doing something that is as natural as eating is beyond me.

If masturbation is a sin then everyone sins.

Old 10-17-2014, 11:02 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,558,564 times
Is Masturbation A Sin?

Beats me.

Old 10-17-2014, 04:18 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I would like to hear everyone's opinion whether or not they consider masturbation a sin.

There is the biblical story about a fellow named Onan, and many people consider his sin was masturbation ... or "spilling his seed on the ground." Other claim it was disobeying God.

What is your opinion?

If you're a believer and have masturbated, how do you defend your behavior?
Not sure how anyone was confused by the story. The clear sin has nothing to with masturbation.
It is the fact that the husband defied his wife and elders. There was deceit in his heart. How is that the would not be his own is a clue to the story.
6 Judah got a wife for Er, his firstborn, and her name was Tamar. 7 But Er, Judah’s firstborn, was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death.
8 Then Judah said to Onan, “Sleep with your brother’s wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to raise up offspring for your brother.†9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother. 10 What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death also.

This all there is on the subject. How does masturbation come to mind?
So how about nocturnal emissions?
The object lesson here is that Juda had two sons and both were wicked in the eyes of the LORD.. period..

Old 10-17-2014, 05:23 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I would like to hear everyone's opinion whether or not they consider masturbation a sin.

There is the biblical story about a fellow named Onan, and many people consider his sin was masturbation ... or "spilling his seed on the ground." Other claim it was disobeying God.

What is your opinion?

If you're a believer and have masturbated, how do you defend your behavior?

Should have made a Poll, I would have liked to see that.

Old 10-17-2014, 05:24 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Is Masturbation A Sin?

Beats me.

HEY!

Watchit now! I will have to keep my good eye on you.

Old 10-17-2014, 05:50 PM

691 posts, read 641,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydaddy View Post
There are people who masturbate and people who lie and say they don't masturbate.

Everyone masturbates, most men masturbate at least once a day even if they have sex that day. It is a natural function that every young boy discovers on his own. Why some people attempt to make them feel guilty for doing something that is as natural as eating is beyond me.

If masturbation is a sin then everyone sins.
How did you come to that conclusion?

A person born of the Spirit who masturbates for sexual gratification is a spirit playing with the flesh of a man, plain and simple. However, the practice of maintaining a healthy prostate is no sin.

1 John 3:9-10

Old 10-17-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
How did you come to that conclusion?

A person born of the Spirit who masturbates for sexual gratification is a spirit playing with the flesh of a man, plain and simple. However, the practice of maintaining a healthy prostate is no sin.

1 John 3:9-10
What do you mean by maintaining a healthy prostate?

Old 10-17-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
What do you mean by maintaining a healthy prostate?
And I hope you are not trying to take the scripture out of context.
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
The seed is Not of flesh.
But a Spiritual Oneness with God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality