Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 06:25 AM

351 posts, read 226,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepy View Post
jesus was just laid to the house of the highpriest. to the question, is jesus the christ? he said, yes, iam. later he was handed over to pilate
when he rose from death, jesus showed himself first to mary magdalene. bewildered she said that she has been with him but the disciples did not believe it. would you?

Old 10-15-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
I had never really thought of the multiple Jesus's before. Interesting.

I heard this on the POC forum though, and it was really interesting. The poster said that what made Jesus radical was his preaching of guilt in a shame based society. He essentially discredits alot of the pressures of shame as a enforcer of punishment and states that guilt is a much better alternative.

Oh, and I think he was a communist (this isn't the POC section though). Jesus talked more about money and obscene profits than he did about any other subject.

As with all of his sayings, their interesting, but to be taken with a grain of salt. If someone asks for your coat, the answer is not always to give them your coat and your gloves. People respond to incentives.

He was idealistic to the max though.
do you know that he lord god has given the kingship of israel to king david and his sons forever ?

Old 10-15-2014, 05:55 PM

5,362 posts, read 5,136,516 times
Quote:
do you know that he lord god has given the kingship of israel to king david and his sons forever ?
Said Davids scribes. I think a lot of religions have a promised land in them.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
israel is the promised land. the land of canaan beyond the jordan. jerusalem, the city of the great. the temple of solomon on mount moriah, the ark that is the footstool of god.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:47 AM

Quote:
they spoke of the god of israel like those handmade gods

Old 10-31-2014, 05:38 PM

919 posts, read 848,482 times
Quote:
who do you think is jesus? have you gained anything valuable without him?
My gardener. Maria's kid. Great carpenter too.
In all seriousness, a great teacher. Had a perfect way to explain life, direct to your heart, no BS.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:35 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
no one has the right to say about something it is a sin when the god did not refer to it as a sin
similarly no one has the right to say about something is not a sin when the god refer to it as sin .
and we only can know that from his book that is giving to his messenger .
if we do not refer to the holy book for judging things then any one can use his own words to say this sin and this is not a sin and only naïve would accept that.

when the god tell us not do something then we should compliance and we do not need to know the reason or argue about it.

and here is another verse from the final Holy Book
They ask you about intoxicants and games of chance.
Say: In both of them there is a great sin and means of profit for men,
and their sin is greater than their profit.
And they ask you as to what they should spend.
Say: What you can spare.
Thus does Allah make clear to you the communications, that you may ponder . The Holy Quran. 2:219
I suspect that statutory rape is not a sin since Muhammad (IHE) participated in it and promoted it.

My mother came to me while I was being swung on a swing between two branches and got me down. My nurse took over and wiped my face with some water and started leading me. When I was at the door she stopped so I could catch my breath. I was brought in while Muhammad was sitting on a bed in our house. My mother made me sit on his lap. The other men and women got up and left. The Prophet consummated his marriage with me in my house when I was nine years old. Neither a camel nor a sheep was slaughtered on behalf of me.” Tabari IX:131

Old 10-31-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
who do you think is jesus? have you gained anything valuable without him?
If you're speaking of the Bible character Jesus, he cannot be addressed in the present tense "is", so I believe he was a pawn used by John the Baptist to help promote unrest against the Romans.

I've gained good seats at restaurants late Sunday mornings, and being able to watch football in my p.j.'s.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
when he rose from death, jesus showed himself first to mary magdalene. bewildered she said that she has been with him but the disciples did not believe it. would you?
Depends upon which version of the story you believe.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I suspect that statutory rape is not a sin since Muhammad (IHE) participated in it and promoted it.

My mother came to me while I was being swung on a swing between two branches and got me down. My nurse took over and wiped my face with some water and started leading me. When I was at the door she stopped so I could catch my breath. I was brought in while Muhammad was sitting on a bed in our house. My mother made me sit on his lap. The other men and women got up and left. The Prophet consummated his marriage with me in my house when I was nine years old. Neither a camel nor a sheep was slaughtered on behalf of me.” Tabari IX:131
will jerusalem be ritally clean up again? then king josiah of judah destroyed all the pagan worship places, broke down the altars of baal and burnt their bones on the altars of their sacrifices. ground to dust their idols and scattered over the graves of those heathen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality