Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 10:55 AM

88,669 posts, read 84,974,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
A couple of years ago I posted a link to a group of prominent Muslim community o garnered zero comments.

The people who are convinced every Muslim supports the evil objectives of the whack-job fringe-group members don't want to hear about decent, law-abiding Muslims.
Tell me about it. I just spent a lot of fingertip skin yesterday on Current Events trying to get across the message that we cannot blame other people for what specific individuals have done. I've been singing this since not long after 9/11 and I always will.

They attacked us because they believe we want to eradicate them from the face of the earth. Now people are claiming that they want to eradicate us from the face of the earth, and in some cases, calling for their annihilation. How does this make progress?

Yes, it takes risk to not assume that your Muslim neighbor or coworker is not a terrorist but it's the right thing to do. Anything worth doing carries risk, including striving for peace and loving your neighbor.

And trust me, I am not proud that I'm glad they shot those mfers a few hours ago, but I am glad.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 01-09-2015 at 11:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 11:33 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,302,741 times
An interesting paradox occurred to me a few days ago. I watched an Amish woman go up the road in her horse-drawn buggy. She was covered, head to toe, in black. The men in her sect will almost never acknowledge me in passing. Sometimes, even the women are shy to speak to me, also a female.

They share similarities with the muslims in many ways, yet I never have any fear in their presence. Why is that? Pretty obvious, huh?

Old 01-09-2015, 12:00 PM

430 posts, read 482,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
An interesting paradox occurred to me a few days ago. I watched an Amish woman go up the road in her horse-drawn buggy. She was covered, head to toe, in black. The men in her sect will almost never acknowledge me in passing. Sometimes, even the women are shy to speak to me, also a female.

They share similarities with the muslims in many ways, yet I never have any fear in their presence. Why is that? Pretty obvious, huh?

Amish --> Devout Christian Extremists

Taliban --> Devout Muslim Extremists

what a world of difference!

Old 01-09-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:

What goes "clip-clop BANG! clip-clop BANG!"?

An Amish drive-by.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:46 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,128,022 times
Quote:

The Amish life is voluntary. One can undergo adult baptism or leave the community. The Amish do not wish to impose their life style on others. They do not even evangelize. There are Amish communities around here. Nice people.

But then the Muslims I knew in New York were nice people too. None of them ever tried to convert me. Or shoot me.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:

Are you afraid when you are in the presence of a Muslim woman? Even the ones who are not in black? Honest question. I'm curious.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:56 PM

430 posts, read 482,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Are you afraid when you are in the presence of a Muslim woman? Even the ones who are not in black? Honest question. I'm curious.

Me, the only muslims i find scary are those like this:

Because these who dress like that, chances are they are extremists.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:58 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,302,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That's a fair question.

The truth is, I do not live in an area with many (almost none) muslims. I do not have fear around any Amish folks, men or women. I know that millions of muslims co-exist with non-muslims around the world.

Would I be rattled if I encountered one? No. Not unless their behavior gave me reason to be.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Thinker View Post
The Amish life is voluntary. One can undergo adult baptism or leave the community. The Amish do not wish to impose their life style on others. They do not even evangelize. There are Amish communities around here. Nice people.

But then the Muslims I knew in New York were nice people too. None of them ever tried to convert me. Or shoot me.
About 35 years ago I worked at the PA bus terminal. There used to be two guys there handing out literature and looking for converts, but I think they were NOI. Never had a Muslim try to convert me otherwise.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:59 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,219,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophion View Post
Me, the only muslims i find scary are those like this:

Because these who dress like that, chances are they are extremists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality