Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2015, 03:08 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
If a JW molests a child but is 100% repentant.... are the police called?

its up to the parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 03:13 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
its up to the parents.
If the parents do call the police in that instance, will they face repercussions from their fellow Witnesses?

Old 11-16-2015, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I know that is what you believe, as do probably the majority of JW. That is why the situation is so dangerous. Would you agree that if that was not the case that the policies need to be addressed? What would constitute proof to you that the WT does not consistently advise members to report the matter to the police? What would you accept as proof that the congregants are not warned? In post #842 I provided an internal document available only to branch members that shows not only are congregants not warned, but even the elders are not notified when a molester moves into the new hall. That was the situation with Jonathan Kendrick in the Candice Conti case. He had admitted to molesting his step daughter and was repentant. I would like to see your response to this statement made by an elder under oath in the Conti case. He states that it is a matter of confidentiality.

https://youtu.be/J-w3smjZUgM?t=2m53s

I think some of the disconnect for you is that you child abuse as a sin. Then you use the rational that everyone sins and should be forgiven. This isn't a matter of forgiveness. It's about identifying these pedophiles so they cannot do any more damage. It's about getting proper care for the victims who have been traumatized.

I don't use the rational that everyone sins and should be forgiven. The fact is that everyone does sin, yet many seem to want to place themselves in judgement of another by throwing Jesus away who taught--He who is without sin, cast the first stone. but the repentant should be forgiven. God forgives the repentant. As would his son, so should not a follower be the same?
Jesus clearly taught--to be no part of this world--so is it wise then to bring the world into matters, or have faith that Jehovah who promised an eye for an eye( means justice will prevail)will take care of what needs to be done? Men could be fooled by ones act of repentence, but Jehovah reads the heart and knows exactly what needs to be done.
Confidentiality would work with--perfect beings, but since mortals are far removed from perfection--word gets around within the congregation. The JW,s aren't stupid--- they would surely protect the children.

I see what you mean in your last paragraph--except Jehovah will make sure that occurs no matter what ones sin is.
Some even condemn murderers as something awful--yet in Revelation--God lists liars along with murderers as cowards. Our sin is no less than anothers--that is why we weren't made--judge.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
its up to the parents.
So a JW 'elder' can KNOW a JW has molested a child....but they don't call the authorities. They don't protect innocent kids. They let the molester get away with it and do nothing to keep him/her from finding other victims.

The 'elders' may KNOW a kid has been molested ...they may KNOW a child has been raped but do nothing unless state law says they have to report it.

SMH. Kids deserve better. They deserve to be PROTECTED. Sounds like the only people being protected are the child molesters.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
So a JW 'elder' can KNOW a JW has molested a child....but they don't call the authorities. They don't protect innocent kids. They let the molester get away with it and do nothing to keep him/her from finding other victims.

The 'elders' may KNOW a kid has been molested ...they may KNOW a child has been raped but do nothing unless state law says they have to report it.

SMH. Kids deserve better. They deserve to be PROTECTED. Sounds like the only people being protected are the child molesters.

You are just twisting what is true because you do not like the JW,s to begin with--I have seen it a hundred times. The JW,s would never do what you believe.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
If the parents do call the police in that instance, will they face repercussions from their fellow Witnesses?

that sounds far fetched coming from someone who has never seen the inside of a kingdom hall. Nor associates with any JW,s--- just thoughts of someone who thinks they are the one placed as judge of another. Reality will set in for you.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:35 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
that sounds far fetched coming from someone who has never seen the inside of a kingdom hall. Nor associates with any JW,s--- just thoughts of someone who thinks they are the one placed as judge of another. Reality will set in for you.
I asked a simple question.

And you ducked it.

Which speaks volumes about you and your religion.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
You are just twisting what is true because you do not like the JW,s to begin with--I have seen it a hundred times. The JW,s would never do what you believe.
If the elders KNOW someone has molested a child.... what do they do? Don't accuse me of something..... tell us what they do.

TroutDude is right. You do nothing but duck and dodge. Here's what I don't like: I don't like the fact that adults get away with child molestation in the name of religion. I don't care if the molester is a JW or a follower of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Kids need to be protected. NO ONE who hurts a child should be out walking the streets because their church has decided they are "repentant". Or because it will reflect badly on the church. Or because the 'elders' think calling the cops is up to the parents. If church members KNOW someone has molested a kid.... they need to report it. If your church doesn't do that.... kids aren't protected.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 11-16-2015 at 06:05 PM..

Old 11-16-2015, 07:12 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Yep happened in a congregation near where I lived. The man was arrested and the parents did go to the police and ... nothing happened to the parents except help and loving concern. He has no idea, just his regular desire to denigrate.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:25 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
If the elders KNOW someone has molested a child.... what do they do? Don't accuse me of something..... tell us what they do.

TroutDude is right. You do nothing but duck and dodge. Here's what I don't like: I don't like the fact that adults get away with child molestation in the name of religion. I don't care if the molester is a JW or a follower of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Kids need to be protected. NO ONE who hurts a child should be out walking the streets because their church has decided they are "repentant". Or because it will reflect badly on the church. Or because the 'elders' think calling the cops is up to the parents. If church members KNOW someone has molested a kid.... they need to report it. If your church doesn't do that.... kids aren't protected.
First even the law does not require reporting such in every State. Where it does the elder must report it or be removed as an elder.

Next Christians follow the Bible and it says:

KJV 1 Corinthians 6:6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.
7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?
8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.

It does not forbid it, but encourages avoiding it. In the case of child abuse, I would encourage someone to go to the police, but it is their choice.

You have no real concept of what JW's do about this matter and it is far better than any other Church. Over 300 articles addressing it, in the last few decades, and how to handle it and how to help children avoid it, in their publications which reach millions and other churches have done what?

Westminster pastor arrested on child sex charges

Pastor Arrested: Derek Hutter Minister Charged With Sex Abuse

Pastor Arrested and Charged for Alleged Child Sexual Abuse

Pastor arrested on child abuse charges | HeraldTribune.com

Houston pastor charged with continuous sex abuse of child - Houston Chronicle

Gresham pastor arrested for sex abuse
Note on this one: "Worley is a pastor at Powell Valley Church. Accusations of abuse date back to 2002 but he was only recently indicted by a grand jury on the charges in December (2014).KGW reached out to the Powell Valley Church for comment but has not heard back."

And the list could go on for pages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality