Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 04:33 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,698,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Omni's are man-made attributes of human vanity and hubris designed to make sure God qualifies to BE God. They are flawed and often contradictory.
This sounds very similar to Process Theology, of which I've been reading lately. Though I still don't find any evidence for the claims made by these theologians, I do understand your views a bit better now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 04:38 AM

689 posts, read 495,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I was always taught that God is:

1) omnibenevolent (all-loving and all-perfect)

2) omnipotent (capable of doing anything)

3) omnipresent (he/she is everywhere in the universe)

4) omniscient (all-knowing)

I was also taught lots of other things about "God."

Were you taught that "God" was all of those things? What else were you taught about him/her?
I was taught all those things too, but when I read the Bible from cover to cover I realised that there was nothing good or perfect about it, the much maligned Satan couldn't be any worse!

Old 09-30-2015, 06:44 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,165,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I was always taught that God is:

1) omnibenevolent (all-loving and all-perfect)
2) omnipotent (capable of doing anything)
3) omnipresent (he/she is everywhere in the universe)
4) omniscient (all-knowing)

I was also taught lots of other things about "God."

Were you taught that "God" was all of those things? What else were you taught about him/her?
All but #3. God isn't everywhere in the universe, but His spirit is. Think of His spirit as His loving energy.

God is soul and has a form, but not like ours. He has a habitation way above the Heavens. God, our Heavenly Father, desires that we know Him personally. He has a personality... is gentle, sweet and humble. I have felt His presence and substance and it's huge. God is truly awesome.

Truth for all people - God, The Heavenly Father

For those of you who fear God... please release and let go of this false belief.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
All but #3. God isn't everywhere in the universe, but His spirit is. Think of His spirit as His loving energy.

God is soul and has a form, but not like ours. He has a habitation way above the Heavens. God, our Heavenly Father, desires that we know Him personally. He has a personality... is gentle, sweet and humble. I have felt His presence and substance and it's huge. God is truly awesome.

Truth for all people - God, The Heavenly Father

For those of you who fear God... please release and let go of this false belief.
Do you have any verifiable evidence for these claims about your God?

Old 09-30-2015, 09:48 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,165,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Do you have any verifiable evidence for these claims about your God?
The verifiable evidence is a soul experience. Learning the truth about who and what is God, then praying for His Divine Love and having a soul awakening. This higher Love has changed me from the inside out. There are so many things which I no longer do or say... especially if it's negative.

I have been praying for God's Divine Love for 40 years and learned early on that I am a medium and can receive automatic writing messages from my relatives and other spirits. I don't have the desire to do it any longer as my focus is on communicating with God and not spirits.

About six years ago, I heard God speak... loud and clear. He said, "Everyone will know that I am their God and I am there Father." Indeed, so later I asked Him what could I do to spread the word. I was told to join a forum... and I've been here on and off here ever since... and sometimes getting a lot of grief in the process.

I have felt God's sweetness and gentleness. Recently, I had an experience where I deeply missed my little doggie and was in tears. He died 21 years ago, but it felt like it was yesterday. Anyway, later that night, I called for God and then I felt His presence next to me. It was like Wow! God is huge! I have felt Jesus' presence, too, and they're totally different.

Old 10-01-2015, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
The verifiable evidence is a soul experience. Learning the truth about who and what is God, then praying for His Divine Love and having a soul awakening. This higher Love has changed me from the inside out. There are so many things which I no longer do or say... especially if it's negative.

I have been praying for God's Divine Love for 40 years and learned early on that I am a medium and can receive automatic writing messages from my relatives and other spirits. I don't have the desire to do it any longer as my focus is on communicating with God and not spirits.

About six years ago, I heard God speak... loud and clear. He said, "Everyone will know that I am their God and I am there Father." Indeed, so later I asked Him what could I do to spread the word. I was told to join a forum... and I've been here on and off here ever since... and sometimes getting a lot of grief in the process.

I have felt God's sweetness and gentleness. Recently, I had an experience where I deeply missed my little doggie and was in tears. He died 21 years ago, but it felt like it was yesterday. Anyway, later that night, I called for God and then I felt His presence next to me. It was like Wow! God is huge! I have felt Jesus' presence, too, and they're totally different.
Sorry, that's not verifiable unless you have some type of video or audio that you can provide. Personal (soul) experiences are not reliable. Why do you feel that you and Mystic are privileged enough to receive such a perceived experience from God and billions of others are not? Why must we rely upon words coming from you instead of directly from him/her/it?

Can you still act as a medium if needed?

Old 10-01-2015, 06:03 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,936,645 times
The reason many do not experience God, is they want God to conform to them, rather then they conforming to Him.
God is not manipulated ,though people try all the time especially using scriptures like a incantation ,mimicking what other men have done under God's instruction for some event.
God doesn't work that way .
Jesus demonstrated the relationship God expects, and that is one of obedience via the Holy Spirit.
God is just and merciful with those that choose to prefer Him.
However He is not obligated to show any preference to that rebellious to Him.
This preference does not certify one's standing , merely it is an encouragement to continue to prefer God and seek desperately after a relationship one can know his voice and obey Him ,not like a slave, but as a friend giving guidance in the best path .
Judgment on the world is not like a formal meeting needs to be performed, but simply the result of rebellion has it's own consequences much like playing with a rattlesnake, or rolling in poison ivy,
Disregarding warnings God has provided in old testament scriptures to Israel are valid but superficial, they do not produce eternal salvation ,only a better life here on earth .
Peradventure one should pursue a better relationship at that time
,God did incline His interest in them all the more.
Jesus coming was the fulfilment of a promise, providing the Holy Spirit for man to have freeier access to God .Jeramiah 31;31,32,33,
But the turning from self govern to God's govern is still required.=repentance.
When Jesus recognizes ones choosing His Lordship in their life, introductions can be made to the Holy Spirit ,it's not a debt it is a gift introduction to a friend ,as it were.
The Holy Spirit teaches all the things God/Jesus taught and more.
On a side note if you look very closely at the things Jesus taught ,it is the dame character as God spoke to Israel through out the old testament . ( remember the all that is written is not God's directives but a history of Israel)
Men did and said things that were not God's directives, and it was recorded that they were punished for it.
The contrast in new testament writings is that the disciples did not fess up to all their failures.
I concern my self with only those things Jesus said ,because salvation happened for those that believed Him long before any man had a clue, including Paul.
Jesus gospel comes first, and no other can supersede it. Jesus is judge. no other men ,church or affiliation.
Jesus gospel is the only one the Holy Spirit supports.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:06 AM

20,057 posts, read 13,520,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
The reason many do not experience God, is they want God to conform to them, rather then they conforming to Him.
I can only speak for myself but the reason I don't "experience" god is that he does not show up. I am open minded about where the facts might lead; that is why I have allowed them to lead me to the conclusion that there is no good reason to think that invisible interventionist gods exist. Trust me, that was NOT my preferred conclusion to be arriving at, even if, since arriving at it, I have made complete peace with it.

God never conformed to me nor did I ever think he had to. That has always been quite beside the point. In fact, inherently, any god one might encounter can be expected to be surprising / unintuitive. That is not the issue, I think, for a thinking person. Although you do highlight an important point, probably without meaning to: gods are by and large our own creations and our favored gods tend to conform to our expectations.

At any rate, you can quit painting unbelievers with such a broad, dismissive brush. There are as many reasons for not believing as there are people who don't believe.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:53 AM

22,284 posts, read 19,267,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Why do you feel that you and Mystic are privileged enough to receive such a perceived experience from God and billions of others are not? Why must we rely upon words coming from you instead of directly from him/her/it?
perhaps because there was a yearning, a desire, a reaching out, an asking, a seeking, a calling, a desire to be in the relationship, a willingness to enter into the conversation and the relationship with the Divine. God is within us and around us at all times. When we pour out our heart to God, God always responds. How God responds to any given person, is entirely individual and custom-made to that person and their soul.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 10-01-2015 at 11:20 AM..

Old 10-01-2015, 12:23 PM

20,057 posts, read 13,520,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
perhaps because there was a yearning, a desire, a reaching out, an asking, a seeking, a calling, a desire to be in the relationship, a willingness to enter into the conversation and the relationship with the Divine. God is within us and around us at all times. When we pour out our heart to God, God always responds. How God responds to any given person, is entirely individual and custom-made to that person and their soul.
Ah, so we just didn't try hard enough, pour our hearts out enough ... in short we just didn't want it badly enough.

Well, lucky you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality