Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 02:58 AM

58 posts, read 80,888 times

Advertisements

I believe in past lives. People have experiences such as astral projection. Also, I once had a dream I was walking in Africa (how you just know things in dreams - and a dog was running after me!) This dream seemed to go on for eternity. When I woke up consciously again I was wondering "what the hell." Why would I dream of something I wasn't even thinking of the night before or ever happened to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 11:33 AM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Barton View Post
I believe in past lives. I once had a dream I was walking in Africa (how you just know things in dreams - and a dog was running after me!) This dream seemed to go on for eternity. When I woke up consciously again I was wondering "what the hell." Why would I dream of something I wasn't even thinking of the night before or ever happened to me.
Yes it can be unsettling and invites us to explore where it comes from and what it is showing us. It was unnerving to me when I began hearing songs that were beautiful, but I had no idea where they came from. I like to sing so I began singing them out loud and they were so beautiful. They were in a language I did not know and had never heard before, and I am not someone who knows or studies foreign languages. An acquaintance heard me singing one of these songs identified the language group they were from, and the part of the world that those people had lived. It was wild. I began wondering and puzzling over how I could hear, sing, and know a language I did not even know existed!

Your dream sounds beautiful...and it is all so personal, I read that and think wow none of my dreams are in Africa, and they never have dogs either!

Old 02-16-2009, 07:45 PM

2 posts, read 2,583 times
Do we forget past lives because we no longer have that identity,so we want to forget it? The usefulness of past lives knowledge is that what is "wrong" in the present life maybe what hidden data from past lives we are using to conduct this life. If we know that data we can improve the present,by stop using the unanalyzed data of other lives to survive this time.

Old 11-25-2019, 03:31 PM

1,378 posts, read 393,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
When you have recall or memories of a past life, how do you use that? How does it serve you, help you? How do you make the most of it, without just getting distracted or bogged down in lurid details?

My general understanding is that these details only appear in my awareness when there is some usefulness for me in my current life. I also know it's easy for me to get distracted by the fascination of the details, and that can be a pitfall. How do you work with past life memories?

(Note: This is not a thread whether or not past lives exist, so please keep posts to topic, thank you!)
God needs to add qualities & information to people's lives that they have zero chance of gaining unless God plants it directly into them. So He will give them powerful spiritual experiences or past life memories. He will do whatever it takes to keep the person growing & living properly. Like when a child is left alone & has no friends then God will manifest an invisible friend for the child, & the child will still be able to play & grow normally as if it were with ordinary friends. Science & the ignorant mock at everything spiritual &/or religious. But that is because they are uneducated that's all. Ignore them all like Jesus did.

God often takes me into a library in Heaven where there are infinite 'glowing' living books of life. He then places me into one book after another & I experience living as all different people from all lands & times. So God can resurrect your life you are living now & give it a different soul, & that soul will experience the exact same life you have lived. It's all in a book on a shelf in God's Library.

So God has every life from all time, past & future, inside His Books of Life, & He can plant any memory of any life into you at any time. He has infinite power like that. He is amazing.

Anyway so if you have a past life memory then it is a quality that your life lacked in some way, & so God planted that past life memory into your present life to add its qualities to your life; & make you into a more complete person in His own Eyes.

Old 11-25-2019, 03:36 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
When I started going to Thailand, I was absolutely fascinated by the culture. Obsessed with the history. That didn't make sense to me until 3 different psychics explained the virtually identical past life for me. So for me it was just beneficial that yes, there is a reason for the high interest level.

Old 11-25-2019, 04:10 PM

19,036 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Past lives should not be remembered, as such memories only deter a human on his way of progression. Unless, it is specifically indicated for a certain human to have such memories or, a great saint is continuing his work among humans.

As always, I refer to my favorite example - The Groundhog Day. Watch, you'll see what remembering past lives can do.

Old 11-25-2019, 04:45 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
if a brain state is repeated the memories in the states will be the same.

what are the chances they repeat?

Old 11-25-2019, 06:31 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
I have no need to speculate about this.

Knowing past life memories - 2 benefits for me - I understood why my father and a friend were mean
to me...Boy, did I deserve it, in other words.
So the benefit was humility and forgiveness --where there really was nothing to forgive, cuz
I deserved how they treated me...I later was shown.
Humble pie for me, (instead of anger or a superiority issue that I was nicer and kinder and they were meanies.
I had been a terrible person.)
Oh, how nothing is what it seems.

Added: I actually have more I could say about other past life memory benefits - but, there is a pattern
of me not being such a great person...so why bring these things up LOL
I was a very slow learner for soooo long repeating the same mistakes...so I try harder and catch myself now.
Oh, the humility I feel from my memories...I have no right to ever think someone else is 'slow'.
These all are not 'bad' things.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 11-25-2019 at 06:50 PM..

Old 11-25-2019, 07:55 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Past lives should not be remembered, as such memories only deter a human on his way of progression. Unless, it is specifically indicated for a certain human to have such memories or, a great saint is continuing his work among humans.

As always, I refer to my favorite example - The Groundhog Day. Watch, you'll see what remembering past lives can do.
actually for very many people, such memories enhance and help advance a human in their progression.
everything happens for a reason, including past life memories surfacing. often times it is for healing. that is a benefit. or it provides a missing piece of information which makes sense of something that had been puzzling. my experience has been that they are very helpful.

saying that past lives should not be remembered is like telling someone not to dream or pay attention to their dreams because they keep someone from progressing. that generalization is simply not correct.

Old 11-25-2019, 08:15 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
actually for very many people, such memories enhance and help advance a human in their progression.
everything happens for a reason, including past life memories surfacing. often times it is for healing. that is a benefit. or it provides a missing piece of information which makes sense of something that had been puzzling. my experience has been that they are very helpful.

saying that past lives should not be remembered is like telling someone not to dream or pay attention to their dreams because they keep someone from progressing. that generalization is simply not correct.
Knowing "the truth", whatever the truth is, is important, and I don't feel it's any different with past lives. Of course, one may find something out that they don't want to know, but that doesn't make it any less true. One needs to have all the information possible to "progress". So, I agree with you Tzap -- when past lives confront one, they should be acknowledged and examined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality