Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 07:53 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I have to disagree with you on this Viz...There is the Hippocratic Oath that doctors take and she violated that...
How so? Help me understand your point. Did she do harm to that baby?

Old 02-22-2015, 08:20 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
How so? Help me understand your point. Did she do harm to that baby?
Why don't you look up what the Hippocratic Oath is?...

Old 02-22-2015, 08:24 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,512,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Before this gets to be 90 pages long with misinformation.. I believe it wasn't a baby needing any kind of treatment, it was a new patient well-baby check.
The doctor said she didn't feel she could relate well to the parents or establish a good doctor/patient (parent substitute, in this case) relationship.

She was wrong to have taken them first and then changed her mind. She brought attention t herself for having done so.
Personally, I think she's totally unprofessional and just this side of being an idiot but I guess they can be found everywhere.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
You don't reward children for being egoistic, so you don't reward adults for being egoistic.
I don't know. I distinctly remember high school being a place of egotistical folk. And some were rewarded if they were good at sport or something like that. Also in terms of adults. Look at wall street before 2008. Plenty of egotism and plenty of reward.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:28 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Quote:
I have to disagree with you on this Viz...There is the Hippocratic Oath that doctors take and she violated that...
What phrase in which version of the oath did she violate specifically?

Old 02-22-2015, 08:45 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Not treating a innocent child because the parents are lesbians is about as low and idiotic as the fundamentalist mentality gets.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:58 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Would you really want a doctor that you fundamentally disagree with on the topic of sexuality to treat your kid?

This goes deeper than the doc thinking the parents are "icky". She decided she was not able to develop the parent-doctor relationship. I respect her for telling them from the start. It's not as if she happened along a car accident and found 2 lesbians with a baby and said "Well...I'm not going to treat THEM....". This is a non-emergency, and there are plenty of other doctors to go to.

Not once have I asked my children's pediatrician their views on sexuality. I did not have an interest in asking.
Why would that happen? It makes the visit about the DR not the child.

It is no more important than what political party they affiliate with.

Viz do you quiz your Doctors about their sexual preferences? Honestly in the two or three times a year you may go to the Dr how important is it?

Last edited by RonkonkomaNative; 02-22-2015 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-22-2015, 09:28 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
The doctor, of course, is a knob.

What saddens me, is this knob will probably get even more business from other fundamentalist breeding knobs who agree with her.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:44 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What phrase in which version of the oath did she violate specifically?
This is the original version of the Hippocratic Oath:

I swear by Apollo the physician, and Aesculapius the surgeon, likewise Hygeia and Panacea, and call all the gods and goddesses to witness, that I will observe and keep this underwritten oath, to the utmost of my power and judgment.
I will reverence my master who taught me the art. Equally with my parents, will I allow him things necessary for his support, and will consider his sons as brothers. I will teach them my art without reward or agreement; and I will impart all my acquirement, instructions, and whatever I know, to my master's children, as to my own; and likewise to all my pupils, who shall bind and tie themselves by a professional oath, but to none else.
With regard to healing the sick, I will devise and order for them the best diet, according to my judgment and means; and I will take care that they suffer no hurt or damage.
Nor shall any man's entreaty prevail upon me to administer poison to anyone; neither will I counsel any man to do so. Moreover, I will give no sort of medicine to any pregnant woman, with a view to destroy the child.
Further, I will comport myself and use my knowledge in a godly manner.
I will not cut for the stone, but will commit that affair entirely to the surgeons.
Whatsoever house I may enter, my visit shall be for the convenience and advantage of the patient; and I will willingly refrain from doing any injury or wrong from falsehood, and (in an especial manner) from acts of an amorous nature, whatever may be the rank of those who it may be my duty to cure, whether mistress or servant, bond or free.
Whatever, in the course of my practice, I may see or hear (even when not invited), whatever I may happen to obtain knowledge of, if it be not proper to repeat it, I will keep sacred and secret within my own breast.
If I faithfully observe this oath, may I thrive and prosper in my fortune and profession, and live in the estimation of posterity; or on breach thereof, may the reverse be my fate![4]

Declaration of Geneva
At the time of being admitted as a member of the medical profession:
I solemnly pledge to consecrate my life to the service of humanity;
I will give to my teachers the respect and gratitude that is their due;
I will practice my profession with conscience and dignity;
The health of my patient will be my first consideration;
I will respect the secrets that are confided in me, even after the patient has died;
I will maintain by all the means in my power, the honour and the noble traditions of the medical profession;
My colleagues will be my sisters and brothers;
I will not permit considerations of age, disease or disability, creed, ethnic origin, gender, nationality, political affiliation, race, sexual orientation, social standing or any other factor to intervene between my duty and my patient;
I will maintain the utmost respect for human life;
I will not use my medical knowledge to violate human rights and civil liberties, even under threat;
I make these promises solemnly, freely and upon my honour.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:41 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,948,048 times
Well even if Dr. Roi might be right within the confines of the law doesn't necessarily make it right with the Lord as the pediatrician will be judged by God, only God knows the true heart of an individual.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:44 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Quote:
This is the original version of the Hippocratic Oath:

I swear by Apollo the physician, and Aesculapius the surgeon, likewise Hygeia and Panacea, and call all the gods and goddesses to witness, that I will observe and keep this underwritten oath, to the utmost of my power and judgment.
I will reverence my master who taught me the art. Equally with my parents, will I allow him things necessary for his support, and will consider his sons as brothers. I will teach them my art without reward or agreement; and I will impart all my acquirement, instructions, and whatever I know, to my master's children, as to my own; and likewise to all my pupils, who shall bind and tie themselves by a professional oath, but to none else.
With regard to healing the sick, I will devise and order for them the best diet, according to my judgment and means; and I will take care that they suffer no hurt or damage.
Nor shall any man's entreaty prevail upon me to administer poison to anyone; neither will I counsel any man to do so. Moreover, I will give no sort of medicine to any pregnant woman, with a view to destroy the child.
Further, I will comport myself and use my knowledge in a godly manner.
I will not cut for the stone, but will commit that affair entirely to the surgeons.
Whatsoever house I may enter, my visit shall be for the convenience and advantage of the patient; and I will willingly refrain from doing any injury or wrong from falsehood, and (in an especial manner) from acts of an amorous nature, whatever may be the rank of those who it may be my duty to cure, whether mistress or servant, bond or free.
Whatever, in the course of my practice, I may see or hear (even when not invited), whatever I may happen to obtain knowledge of, if it be not proper to repeat it, I will keep sacred and secret within my own breast.
If I faithfully observe this oath, may I thrive and prosper in my fortune and profession, and live in the estimation of posterity; or on breach thereof, may the reverse be my fate![4]

Declaration of Geneva
At the time of being admitted as a member of the medical profession:
I solemnly pledge to consecrate my life to the service of humanity;
I will give to my teachers the respect and gratitude that is their due;
I will practice my profession with conscience and dignity;
The health of my patient will be my first consideration;
I will respect the secrets that are confided in me, even after the patient has died;
I will maintain by all the means in my power, the honour and the noble traditions of the medical profession;
My colleagues will be my sisters and brothers;
I will not permit considerations of age, disease or disability, creed, ethnic origin, gender, nationality, political affiliation, race, sexual orientation, social standing or any other factor to intervene between my duty and my patient;
I will maintain the utmost respect for human life;
I will not use my medical knowledge to violate human rights and civil liberties, even under threat;
I make these promises solemnly, freely and upon my honour.
The red is the only one that really applies in this situation.
The rest are fairly reaching.

Do we know which oath she took?
Only 98% of med students in this country take any oath and they differ from place to place, country to country, and if they have an M.D. or a D.O.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality