Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 03:40 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Yeah...they sent a whole carload of pollsters...who spent a ENTIRE afternoon doing the survey.
They spoke with everybody, twice, just to make sure.
Just the same as the polls you post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 03:40 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
93.9% of Icelanders younger than 25 believed the world was created in the big bang, 6.1% either had no opinion or thought it had come into existence through some other means and 0.0% believed it had been created by God.

0.0% of Icelanders 25 years or younger believe God created the world, new poll reveals | Icelandmag
One needs to start somewhere.

Cool that the descendants of the Vikings are seeing reality.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Just the same as the polls you post
Except he has no understanding of statistical relevance of a poll.

If he did, he would not have made that comment.

Old 01-15-2016, 05:00 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post

Old 01-15-2016, 05:44 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,655,152 times
Quote:

I've got some "statistical relevance" for ya: Try the "statistical relevance" of a country that has about 325,000 people, TOTAL...to the world as a whole that has over 7 BILLION.
With the highest population country that has 1,400,000,000 people making huge Religious gains, and Atheism losing millions upon millions there statistically.

I know there are people here that hate Religion...but com'on!...this is just deceptive "spin" that is not representative of how this world really is overall.
I don't personally prefer Religion either...but I'm not gonna self delude.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:49 PM

Quote:
I've got some "statistical relevance" for ya: Try the "statistical relevance" of a country that has about 325,000 people, TOTAL...to the world as a whole that has over 7 BILLION.
With the highest population country that has 1,400,000,000 people making huge Religious gains, and Atheism losing millions upon millions there statistically.

I know there are people here that hate Religion...but com'on!...this is just deceptive "spin" that is not representative of how this world really is overall.
I don't personally prefer Religion either...but I'm not gonna self delude.

Keep spinning. You keep trying to represent a dreidel, don't you?

Old 01-15-2016, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Keep spinning. You keep trying to represent a dreidel, don't you?
YOU the spinner...the Champ here at that as a MOF!
All your threads are spin...it's your whole shtick.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:05 PM

Quote:
YOU the spinner...the Champ here at that as a MOF!
All your threads are spin...it's your whole shtick.
Ever notice virtually all contain citations?

Old 01-15-2016, 08:30 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,374,624 times
Sorry OP..While I vehemently disagree with the doom and die philosophy of evangelical types who condemn human souls to HELL unless they come to Jesus..and denounce aberrance's....AKA LBGT and others....I happen to BELIEVE there is something greater than us..and also believe WE are here to LEARN something....WHY? It's because of PURPOSE!!

SO if one wishes to believe this life on earth RIGHT NOW is it..It's not a wonder so many act out and figure WTH shouldn't I do whatever!!

It's in my view...NOT what WE ( as a human race) are here for..WE are here to LEARN..and once the lessons learned..we MOVE ON..ONTO next adventure.....

It totally boggles my mind that so many want to believe there's nothing beyond...Who are we to say?? But then again..I;ve met some "Old Souls" who seem to have wisdom so beyond it kind of made me take notice.....

Bottomeline, I guess is that some souls have learned lessons..while others have NOT..and it's up to us as human beings to be able to LEARN whatever lesson's put on our plate when we enter this world...

Having said that tho..Many baby's born to rather unstable and horrific behaviour types who mostly get bent and broken...THEY are the innocents...Those perp types are nowhere near learning anything..only about themselves..instant gratifications..get rid of that stone about their necks ( kids) or use them to benefit ( selling them on the black market)..

Point is...The multi-billions on earth today are at various levels....and not many of them realize they are on a proving ground...ISIL and their ILK are on the bottom rung...Using and Abusing a wonderful religious teachings to corrupt and mis-represent it!! Yet out of the billions of believers..only a small % is controlling the World's fears due to UTD propaganda...

Anyway.. People in general have fallen away because too many religious sects have such tight RULES of ENGAGEMENT...IOW..My way or the highway preachings..NO tolerance..Deamnding $$/tithings etc!! Yet many preachers have been found to FAIL..Having affairs..cheating on taxes..or using others to personal benefits..NOT Flocks benefit...Totally WRONG much less( immoral) illegal!!

I happen to believe there are many who feel much like I do..tho don't attend church weekly..but do have a strong spirituality about them..They walk the walk..and have no need to TALK THE TALK!! JMOO

Old 01-15-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Ever notice virtually all contain citations?
Yes...and though true as per their wittle crumb of the action...they are used to "spin", to hide the message of what is really happening in the grand scheme. And that is the exact opposite of what your threads say about "Religion in Decline".

But please do not get me wrong there cup...I don't want you to ever stop. You are consistent, reliable...and give me some of my best material to work off of. I love ya Man!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality