Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 06:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times

Advertisements

I'm opting for a dramatic post of his Road-To-Damascus moment when he returns - on April 1st.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:47 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,455,496 times
This ^^^. It is the only thing that makes sense to me.
Look at the kerfuffle you have caused, Arequipa!

Old 03-28-2015, 07:27 PM

20,024 posts, read 13,501,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Though rare, if Arq has indeed converted, he wouldn't be the first person on this forum. I have always found Arq to be very knowledgeable about Christianity as well as many other religions. Possibly something about that knowledge has finally had an influence. There is a thread on the Christianity forum currently about atheist turned theist Anthony Flew. Stranger things have happened. As far as I can recall Arq calls himself agnostic (I think) so I wouldn't be surprised personally.
I await with baited breath....
The thing that bothers me about Flew is that he turned theist, not Christian, but Christians crow about it as if he actually had gotten baptized or something. Just like they crow about the founding fathers seeking to establish the US as a "Christian nation" despite the fact that, like Flew, most of them were essentially deists and the basis of the US is separation of church and state, not some sort of de facto Christian theocracy.

At any rate, regardless of the truth of the matter concerning the OP, Arq will always be to me a friend and brother no matter where he goes with his metaphysics. He's earned that.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:28 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm opting for a dramatic post of his Road-To-Damascus moment when he returns - on April 1st.

That's right. He must be in the blind stage right now. How can he post?

Old 03-28-2015, 07:31 PM

20,024 posts, read 13,501,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That's right. He must be in the blind stage right now. How can he post?
The clue to that would be in the OP where he says right out the gate that he's a bit of a jokester. Hiding in plain sight and probably giggling up a storm.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:48 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
The clue to that would be in the OP where he says right out the gate that he's a bit of a jokester. Hiding in plain sight and probably giggling up a storm.
I've no doubt.

The scales will fall from his eyes in a day or so!

Old 03-28-2015, 08:23 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
A koan is an Eastern term -- a paradox to meditate on. The canonical example is the Zen koan, "what is the sound of one hand clapping?"

Never had much use for them myself. Nor do I see a profundity or even deepity in Wardendresden's post that "arq" quoted, though I have no substantive disagreement with it either.

In all honesty it sounds almost like Arach Angle posing as Arq, or something of that nature. It is not Arq's style. I am with gabfest, it is almost as if Arq's account has been hacked or a visiting nephew got on his computer and put up a prank post or something of that nature.

I'm sure it will all sort out eventually.

hey mort,

food you dude. you're a prized off ex literalist that doesn't understand that you never become a cured literalist only a recovering one. And don't like that I say atheist and theist share personality types.

I guess I should be honored you would accuse me. Why would you be so afraid of someone in the middle? That doesn't see any evidence to hold to a blind faith statement of "no-nothing more."?

You knew arg had a problem before this post so don't blame me for hacking. I hope he is ok despite your lame and immature comments.

Last edited by Arach Angle; 03-28-2015 at 08:40 PM..

Old 03-28-2015, 08:46 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Warden is a humdinger of a preacher and one of the Christian Good Guys on CD. I've read dozens of fine, uplifting posts from him that could certainly send a fence-sitter to the Christian team.

But that ain't one of 'em and Arq is no fence-sitter.

I await the rest of the story....
lmao, if your any ware near the fence arg thinks you're a traitor. I hope hes ok.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:49 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lmao, if your any ware near the fence arg thinks you're a traitor. I hope hes ok.
I'm pretty sure Arq knows where I'm coming from and is ok with it.

And I'm fond of the old fart as well.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:53 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,657,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
It will not have escaped you, dear fellow -posters, that I have some pretentions towards being a jokester, but I have to say that He has outdone me.

I have noted that deconversion can be going on all the time a beleiver was fiercely arguing for their beliefs and it took only a tiny thing - irrelevant almost - to tip them over into unfaith. Of course I know it could happen the other way, but with perfect timing ..this...

It wasn't even remotely relevant, but it was the Koan I'd always been wondering would tip my mind into the experience that I always knew was there.

Yes, I'd heard that mantra "When it happens, you'll know its real," And there's no way I am even going to try to make any intellectual defence. It's just become real for me and I know He exists.

Don't worry if I'm not around for a bit. It will take a bit of thought.
Yeah, rrrrrrright!
You really expect me to fall for this? A couple days before "April Fools Day"? LOL!!!
I would say, "nice try"...but it isn't even good. You've gotta do way better than this man!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality