Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2015, 08:26 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,775,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
No, not simply rocks.
The 2nd earth/eon is God making the earth habitable AGAIN.
Then you have some problem with the kind of rocks and the type of fossils.

Quote:

Look it up in Genesis. It is all there in the historical document.
You made the claim, you back it up with chapter and verse. Don't get me to produce your evidence for you. If you can't you are discredited yet again.

Quote:
Oh, okay. If you say so. We will all bow to your authority....

Actually none of the evidence I brought forth has been debunked. You are just in denial.The evidence is out there; evidence I provided in other threads; evidence which stared you right in the face and you just say: I don't see any evidence!
Pure denial, pot -kettle projection...the usual. Not even worth a response.

P.s no.. this is rather good "Who needs backup when I have the truth?" One of your classic quotes old mate like...what was it..."What does it matter if I make poor argument so long as it convinces people of the truth.." or something like that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 08:32 AM

2,786 posts, read 2,684,471 times
Quote:
Islam didn't come into being until 610 A.D. long after Noah died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Thank you! That made me laugh out loud.

The definition of Islam is submission to the will of Allah and obedience to His law.

Noah , Ibrahim, Moses , Jesus and Mahammad and all the messengers (peace be upon them) , they were sent by Allah to the people with the same main message which is the submission to the will of Allah and obedience to His law.
and that means all the religions are Islam

Do you think that the creator sent all those different messengers to make us have dispute

The message was completed by the final messenger Mahammad and all in the worlds Human and Jinn must follow it.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:37 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,329,956 times
Quote:
Then don't say:

"And when Noah steps off the ark and into a 20 foot deep mud pit."

Fact is, you don't know how much mud there was around the mountains of Ararat right after the flood. So you are just making up stuff as you go along.
Semantics, Eusebius. Surely you can do better?

Any amount of water sufficient enough to cover the globe and deep enough to drown everyone would create a planetary mud slick. This isn't rocket science or anything controversial. That's the way things work.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Then don't say:

"And when Noah steps off the ark and into a 20 foot deep mud pit."

Fact is, you don't know how much mud there was around the mountains of Ararat right after the flood. So you are just making up stuff as you go along.
You can read. I know you can. So you know what 'Depth of strata = depth of flood -mud' means. you crafty quibbling gives you the pretext to impudently dismiss the whole valid point and with gobsmacking affrontery accuse Shirina of 'making stuff up'.

Mind, this is mild dishonesty compared to producing nothing but invented excuses that don't work and ignoring or dismissing any evidence that refutes your position and then simply invert the situation and accuse me of doing what you do.

Shirina will have to become familiar with your methods. Which usually end up in a flurry of quibbling, evasion, denial, projection, Plonking faith -claims and trying to get a trash-talk exchange going, which is the only way you can score enough points to escape with a draw.

And that's where we have got to and end of thread, finally.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post

Any amount of water sufficient enough to cover the globe and deep enough to drown everyone would create a planetary mud slick. This isn't rocket science or anything controversial. That's the way things work.
Eusebius will demand that you create a flood and demonstrate your claim, or it is merely 'your opinion'. I remember he actually pulled that one on me, once.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:05 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,989,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
You can read. I know you can. So you know what 'Depth of strata = depth of flood -mud' means. you crafty quibbling gives you the pretext to impudently dismiss the whole valid point and with gobsmacking affrontery accuse Shirina of 'making stuff up'.

Mind, this is mild dishonesty compared to producing nothing but invented excuses that don't work and ignoring or dismissing any evidence that refutes your position and then simply invert the situation and accuse me of doing what you do.

Shirina will have to become familiar with your methods. Which usually end up in a flurry of quibbling, evasion, denial, projection, Plonking faith -claims and trying to get a trash-talk exchange going, which is the only way you can score enough points to escape with a draw.

And that's where we have got to and end of thread, finally.
That's fine with me. It is interesting knowing in spite of all the excellent points I brought up that you are still unpersuaded by the truth. But that's O.K. really. It just takes longer for some people. It all depends upon God to open the eyes and hearts so we must bow to His wisdom in all this.

I can say it was nice debating with you on this matter. You are a swell debater.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:

Okay. I was waiting for an "I'm sorry Eusebius that I just made that up about Noah stepping off the ark into 20 foot deep mud without any proof whatsoever. I like making up stuff."

Old 05-05-2015, 10:29 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,329,956 times
Quote:
Okay. I was waiting for an "I'm sorry Eusebius that I just made that up about Noah stepping off the ark into 20 foot deep mud without any proof whatsoever. I like making up stuff."
Sure, as soon as I get a, "I'm sorry, Shirina, for my intellectual dishonesty by dismissing an entire argument based on irrelevant semantic games."

Old 05-05-2015, 10:54 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,222,627 times
Quote:
Sure, as soon as I get a, "I'm sorry, Shirina, for my intellectual dishonesty by dismissing an entire argument based on irrelevant semantic games."
You can't have an honest conversation with a dishonest person.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Exactly how was I displaying intellectual dishonesty. Please give exact details. I hope they aren't like your 20 foot deep mud Noah must have stepped into when he exited the ark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality