Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 11:29 AM

18,538 posts, read 9,231,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I keep telling you, MARY is the grilled cheese sandwich, MARY! Hell, I even gave you a link. You just don't want to believe.
Why couldn't god and Mary both be grilled cheese sandwiches?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 12:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,307,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You agree?
Nope.

Your 2nd sentence amused my irony meter.

Ah, I see you edited it. Luckily, I quoted the original.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:41 PM

1,422 posts, read 956,057 times
Turtles all the way down?

Maybe 'god' just always ever has been and never did not exist?

Even Tom Campbell's idea of 'god' is complex but cannot answer the 'who made god' question. According to him, consciousness evolved from something called 'The Void'...go figure... but as far as complex theories go, it is an interesting one.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:36 AM

50,128 posts, read 20,891,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You agree?
The simplicity of 'God did it' cannot be bettered. The lack of any explanation or mechanism or indeed thought behind the Goddunnit claim sets it apart from the various suggestions about how it started here - alien scientists, panspermia or abiogenesis.

How it appeared on the Other planet? Abiogenesis, in a way far more obvious and demonstrable than it is here. That'll do as a possible explanation. If you can't disprove it, it must be true, isn't that the way it works?

I tend to think that a natural Abiogenesis here is more likely, but really any of those three is a better explanation than a complex cosmic creating being that didn't itself need to come from anywhere.

And finally am I ever going to get a response to the nativity question? No? You are going to ignore it rather than admit that you can't answer it? Am I right?

Old 04-18-2015, 05:09 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,379,195 times
No. You're Wrong.

(Type in Pasteur Suppressed, Im on mobile an cant copy paste)

Abiogenesis is a rename of a much older theory, one called spontaneous generation. Now if you really do the research, you might find that Pasteur swept the idea under the rug. That spontaneous generation does happen or rather, fermentation can create life. Pasteur however suppressed such findings as in his words "only God can create life". The thing is, this is exactly what happens. Life is not created in a controlled lab environment (it will starve with only the scientist to watch it) but rather releasing it to nature. That is we can start the process because we are co-creators but ultimately it's something that operates out of our control. Trust me, I make pickles and kimchi as a hobby, it isn't an exact science. Unless you do everything sterile, and then you don't have real kimchi anyway.
But I'm getting off track. Science has helped Pasteur hide his dark past by claiming life does not exist. So we either accept that while flies may not come from nowhere, scientists were hiding something, in which case trust in what they have to say is wrong. Or that they are making a mistake, and a comet hitting the earth did not create life, but rather gave the microbes needed radiation/atomic materialsto evolve. In which case, their thinking is wrong and we can no longer trust them anyway.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:00 AM

88,926 posts, read 85,450,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Why couldn't god and Mary both be grilled cheese sandwiches?
That is a deep theological question that's been argued over for many centuries now. I do not have the answer.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:28 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,152,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
"Take one simple compound, add powdered meteorite and the solar wind, and you get building blocks of life"

How about that. No woo required.

Meteorite Chemicals May Have Started Life on Earth
So, where'd all those elements come from?...

Old 04-18-2015, 08:19 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,963,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So, where'd all those elements come from?...
Best current information is the result of the Big Bang.

'Goddunnit' is not the fallback position.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:21 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,661,065 times
no reason or popped out of nothing is as good as god to me. we have to look around and describe what we think happened based on how we see things are working. We have nothing else to use.

And for no-Christ sake keep philosophers out of the discussion. Theologies or otherwise. they do nothing but butcher the poo out of finding any reasonable conclusion.

Old 04-18-2015, 01:41 PM

1,422 posts, read 956,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
no reason or popped out of nothing is as good as god to me. we have to look around and describe what we think happened based on how we see things are working. We have nothing else to use.

And for no-Christ sake keep philosophers out of the discussion. Theologies or otherwise. they do nothing but butcher the poo out of finding any reasonable conclusion.
*chuckles* What 'reasonable answers' can one even expect to find?

'goddunnit' or 'itdunititself' are 'reasonable answers'?

*chuckles harder*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality