Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 01:00 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
What if you are in a coma for a few months before you die? You are still breathing but your ability to choose anything is non existent.

Or how about the lifelong sinner, someone who spends his or her life inflicting terrible misery on others? If this person experiences sudden chest pains, may he or she still choose heaven? "uhh...my heart.....oh, say, God, listen, put me down for heaven, okay?"
It is not my place to judge. I can not see into a person't thoughts and heart.
That is to God(swt) alone.

But I do believe that even if we repent we will still pay for our crimes/sins before we enter heaven
Nobody gets by with a free ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 01:03 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Anyone can go to heaven, as long as they can locate it first. So far, this has proved to be a challenge.
I don't need to worry the angels will show me the way and no not anyone.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:12 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,129,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
It is not my place to judge. I can not see into a person't thoughts and heart.
That is to God(swt) alone.
So you own up to being unfit to judge the morals of others, but simultaneously believe yourself qualified to judge that there is a god, that there is an afterlife, and that this god's plan is to reward the good and punish the evil.

Rather a capricious self evaluation.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
So you own up to being unfit to judge the morals of others, but simultaneously believe yourself qualified to judge that there is a god, that there is an afterlife, and that this god's plan is to reward the good and punish the evil.

Rather a capricious self evaluation.
I owe it to myself to follow what I believe to be true. I owe no one an explanation as to why.

It is not my obligation or right to convince others to believe as I do and I do not ask others to.

I respect the rights of all people to search for what they believe to be true and to not follow what they them self have not verified to be true.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:45 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,129,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

It is not my obligation or right to convince others to believe as I do and I do not ask others to.

I think that once you show up in a public forum and announce your views on the matter, you have created the obligation to explain yourself or respond to questions about those views. What would be the point otherwise? I could post "I believe everyone born after 1955 is going to hell", but if I don't explain, if I don't defend this notion, it is nothing but noise.

What I find remarkable is that you have decided that you are capable of making judgments about the workings of the cosmos, judgments which as far as I can tell you are in no position to make, none of us are. On the other hand you recuse yourself as not qualified to make a much simpler judgment...was this person good or bad? I certainly feel that there are people I can identify as basically good or basically selfish and destructive.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:46 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Anyone can go to heaven, as long as they can locate it first. So far, this has proved to be a challenge.
GPS. Global Positioning Souls.

There is no need to locate heaven in this life. Those who believe...trust. Those who don't believe will, at some point, be met by a Mormon saying, "One more chance."

Old 04-21-2015, 02:07 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

There is no need to locate heaven in this life. Those who believe...trust. Those who don't believe will, at some point, be met by a Mormon saying, "One more chance."
How can I recognize you? What will you be wearing?

Old 04-21-2015, 02:10 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

I have an invisible mansion for sale. The price is $10 million. There is no need to locate it. Any takers?

Old 04-21-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I think that once you show up in a public forum and announce your views on the matter, you have created the obligation to explain yourself or respond to questions about those views. What would be the point otherwise? I could post "I believe everyone born after 1955 is going to hell", but if I don't explain, if I don't defend this notion, it is nothing but noise.

What I find remarkable is that you have decided that you are capable of making judgments about the workings of the cosmos, judgments which as far as I can tell you are in no position to make, none of us are. On the other hand you recuse yourself as not qualified to make a much simpler judgment...was this person good or bad? I certainly feel that there are people I can identify as basically good or basically selfish and destructive.
I refuse to proselytize, I will not defend my views if it appears I expect others to accept them

I believe as I do because an experience convinced me the Qur'an is the actual word of Allaah(swt) and I firmly believe the Qur'an is the last time the revelation of God(swt) will be given to humans,

I am not in any position to make Judgements about the workings of the cosmos and only relate what I understand the Qur'an to say.

What I believe the Qur'an teaches:

all Humans will be punished for their misdeeds and rewarded for their good deeds, the rewards and punishments can be at anytime and includes, during our life, while in the grave, and in the hereafter.

I do believe all who die as a Muslim will eventually reach heaven. But I do not know who will die as a Muslim, not even if I will.

Like wise we do not know who will go to hell. We do know that among the residents of hell will be people who were knowledgeable about Islam but still worshiped gods in addition to Allaah(swt) and people that professed to be Muslim but consistently and deliberately refused to follow the Pillars of Faith

As for our judgement by Allaah(swt) the Qur'an states that we are accountable only for that we have knowledge of and do of our own free will.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:06 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
How can I recognize you? What will you be wearing?
Considering how many Mormons I've known...... you'll have to get in line.

Besides y'all have my family's genealogy recorded...and did a darn good job of getting everyone where they should be..... so I figure I'm covered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality