Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2015, 10:40 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,074,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
God didn't create Ethel, too? OMG! Who did?
It was actually Lilith....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 10:41 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,651,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
That's just a simple rule that can be changed, though. After all..pedophiles claim that they are unable to change. And who are you to tell them they can't be happy? I, of course, realize that it's wrong...but since all bets are off with the recent SCOTUS decision, how can you say no?
I would object, though your God may not. Your God is fine with rape so long as the man buys his victim afterwards.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:47 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,218,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
No you are wrong. Sure this guy used the recent court ruling to add additional support to his cause but that polygamy laws have already been beaten in the States but you do ignore every single thing that does not support your side,
And the people have already voted that they did not want same-sex marriage, as well. SSM was defeated. It was over. But your side continued to harp on it until they got an activist SCOTUS to legalize it.
Quote:
The so called my side did not whin, they fought and advocated in challenging what they thought was an unfair law and the majority of members in the Supreme Court agreed. If you think fighting injustice is wrong and that all laws should be followed why do you complain so much.
There was no injustice. But we've been over the fact that marriage laws were blind to sexuality.
Quote:

Gays can celebrate, is it not whinning you are doing. Polygamy proponents have as much right to make their case regardless of what my views on the subject are. If you think that only people who agree with you should be able to advocate then too bad. You have made no statements against Mormons specifically but you seem to oppose their religious rights to polygamy.
So you think Mormons should have religious rights to polygamy?
Quote:
You still refuse to why you implied that the Montana Mormon would think me as a hater or a bigot for pointing out to you that allowing polygamy is more complicated in the legal system than allowing SSM. If supporting SSM means you have to support equality for everyone no matter what their position is the opposite position is your side opposes equality for all?
We've been attempting to explain to your side why allowing same sex marriage is "more complicated" than 2 guys getting married. But we get called hateful bigots.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Hasn't stopped YOUR community from trying to make decisions for the rest of US.
In what way? Are you not free to marry whom you choose?

Old 07-03-2015, 10:54 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,336,626 times
Quote:
If you say so. Wonderful for you, Richard. Tell God you would like 6 wives, and maybe he'll give you some. You and I will have to disagree on that. But this thread isn't about the question of God allowing polygamy. It's about the US allowing it.

For the rest of us...I'd like to know why those that argued for same sex marriage are not now shouting that this man needs to have equal marriage rights. Why the bigotry?
You sure like to insult others and to label everyone with a view others than yours a bigot. What a hateful god you must worship. Others have stated that they have have no problems but you ignore them in your haste to belittle all those who supported SSM. That is extremely unfair and judgmental of you. You even implied that I am hateful and a bigot without even giving a reason for that label as I never stated if I was for or against. Not everyone immediately supported SSM, some took their time and thought about it trying to determine if it was right, how it would affect themselves and society and how it might affect the law. Our own Prime minister said that he opposed SSM as a devout catholic but then thought that it was a human rights issue not a religious issue and how could anyone oppose human rights.

Thinking about a topic, wanting to know the details and ramifications before deciding on supporting or opposing a topic is not my definition if being a bigot. I have pointed out to you as have others that it is more complex of an issue but in your rush to insult and ridicule others you fail to take the time to think about it. The complexities are the reason I have not stated my opinion on the matter to date. But feel free to call me a bigot because I like to understand an issue prior to forming an opinion. Bigotry would be not accepting other religions to practice polygamy if it is a part of their religion. Bigotry would be whinning about the fact that others got equal rights and you think that they should not because of your religion.

Calling people bigots all the time considering the hate that you spill out is ironic to say the least.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
In what way? Are you not free to marry whom you choose?
Gay and straight people alike have always had rules to follow in regards to who they are able to marry and not marry. The issue of who they like to have sex with is irrelevant.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:00 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,074,658 times
Quote:
If you say so. Wonderful for you, Richard. Tell God you would like 6 wives, and maybe he'll give you some. You and I will have to disagree on that. But this thread isn't about the question of God allowing polygamy. It's about the US allowing it.
What do you mean if I say so?....

I don't wan't six wives...

We don't have to disagree...You're wrong and that's that....You're of the ilk that calls good evil and evil good...You call G-d evil...

Old 07-03-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:

For the rest of us...I'd like to know why those that argued for same sex marriage are not now shouting that this man needs to have equal marriage rights. Why the bigotry?
The Montana man is already married to the person of his choosing. If he likes, he is free to divorce her and marry this new person. In what way is that not equal to every other person in the US?

Old 07-03-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
You sure like to insult others and to label everyone with a view others than yours a bigot.
I'm not throwing out insults just to insult. I have never done that. But I have demonstrated that the same people that do so apparently do not like being called the same names for the exact same reasons. If your side thinks a bigot is anyone that disagrees with their view of sexuality and marriage, then the term must be applied to anyone that disagrees with this guy getting married under the law.
Quote:

What a hateful god you must worship. Others have stated that they have have no problems but you ignore them in your haste to belittle all those who supported SSM. That is extremely unfair and judgmental of you. You even implied that I am hateful and a bigot without even giving a reason for that label as I never stated if I was for or against. Not everyone immediately supported SSM, some took their time and thought about it trying to determine if it was right, how it would affect themselves and society and how it might affect the law. Our own Prime minister said that he opposed SSM as a devout catholic but then thought that it was a human rights issue not a religious issue and how could anyone oppose human rights.
I haven't called you a bigot. I've only said that if you don't support this man's quest for marriage equality, it's bigoted. Christians have been called bigots for years now for daring to oppose the homosexual groupthink. Thinking about a topic, wanting to know the details and ramifications before deciding on supporting or opposing a topic is not my definition if being a bigot.
Quote:
I have pointed out to you as have others that it is more complex of an issue but in your rush to insult and ridicule others you fail to take the time to think about it.
Likewise, Christians have objected that it's more than just an issue of 2 men or 2 women uniting, and we get called bigots for not jumping on board.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:06 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,336,626 times
Quote:
And the people have already voted that they did not want same-sex marriage, as well. SSM was defeated. It was over. But your side continued to harp on it until they got an activist SCOTUS to legalize it.

There was no injustice. But we've been over the fact that marriage laws were blind to sexuality.

So you think Mormons should have religious rights to polygamy?

We've been attempting to explain to your side why allowing same sex marriage is "more complicated" than 2 guys getting married. But we get called hateful bigots.
What complications is there other than changing a few words in the laws and on the forms. We went through this a decade ago and there were no complications nor was that your argument until the complications of polygamy were brought up. You are the one who always mentioned religious freedom so you should be the one supporting polygamy if one uses your logic of all or nothing.

The Supreme Court is the final arbitrator for rights not politicians or the ballot. Japanese internment was wrong, the ban on interracial marriage was wrong, the ban on homosexuality was wrong and the ban on SSM was wrong. As far as the existing laws went, yes as long as you loved your life as a lie you could get married. I can understand your problem with honesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality