Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 08:37 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,875,518 times

Advertisements

Man was created on the 6th day . Man is to labor only 6 days. 666 is the mark of a man to come antichrist. 7 appears hundreds of times and is the key to understanding God as He uses numerology to guide His believers. As we enter the "signs" "signs" and pangs that gradually usher end-times ( not the end of earth ) albeit a series or chronological steps of Gods judgment on earths inhabitants.who systematically fall away from Him. ( bad choices). 7 appears 735 times ( funny God never uses duhhhh) and 54 times alone in Revelations!!! Most recently within the "signs" clues to judgment on both nations and America specifically we uncover the 7 year Shemitah and its corresponding Harbingers seemingly concentration on financial instability. ( 2008 crash = -777 billion, 7% in the 7th year from 2001) Anyway, I simply recommend my fellow posters to mingle in the number 7 especially in study to "get " God !!!

Last edited by openmike; 08-10-2015 at 09:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 10:21 AM

18,490 posts, read 9,155,884 times
My gas meter at home reads 777777. My odometer now reads 66665, so if I head over to Arby's* for lunch it means certain Armageddon.

*located about 1.1 miles away

Old 08-10-2015, 10:30 AM

19,979 posts, read 13,466,622 times
I was taught, rightly or wrongly, that in the scriptures, 7 is a number referring to completeness / wholeness / maturity / self sufficiently, hence it tends to be identified with god. And yes, the whole 6 = humans thing, and stuff I no longer remember about 3 and other numbers.

I suspect it's at least half true because numbers have symbolic meanings that have evolved in human societies for various reasons. In ancient times a combination of ignorance and tradition guaranteed that certain numbers and patterns were regarded as portentous and meaningful when there was nothing inherently significant about them. Why not; there was no other explanation available for a lot of things that went on, and believing you see significance and patterns helps you feel more in control of things.

In more recent times, part of this also was encouraged, ironically, by the way science from the time of Newton until the early 20th century tended to see the universe as mechanistic and deterministic -- something that, as it turned out, wasn't really true except at certain scales and in certain contexts, which is to say, not at all really. Theists were only too happy to latch onto the parts of science that tended to confirm their beliefs, which was great until scientific consensus changed due to new facts coming into evidence.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:09 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,805,472 times
And on the seventh day God finished his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
And God blessed the seventh day, and hallowed it; because that in it he rested from all his work which God had created and made.
These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that YHVH God made earth and heaven.

Matthew 28King James Version (KJV)
28 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
3 His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:
4 And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.
5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:28 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,322,235 times
Yet, if you roll a 7 in a craps game, it's known as "up pops the Devil."

Hmm ...

Old 08-10-2015, 12:34 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,213,961 times
I have 7 fingers and three extra ones, ditto for toes, 7 plus three additional?

I am thinking I have more than 7 X 70 hair follicles left, but I refuse to count for verification..

I drive 7 time 7 miles to work one way and I make seven fuel purchases a month for a total of 7 X 40.

I am on my 7th knob hill bottle since January 2015 and have 7 X 2 + 2 tires on all my vehicles that I own.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:42 PM

3,695 posts, read 11,370,460 times
Who is number 1?

You are, number 6.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:03 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times
Gosh, I'm glad my life is so simple.
Love God, love my neighbor, trust in God, be happy...intellect is great...
God is the Creator of the intellect..He is Brilliant... how this Universe runs like a Swiss Clock...all you have to do
is watch the Star of Bethlehem movie to see that!
But 'me'... bothering with 7's and 6's is mind candy to me...it distracts me from heart.
(Bef anyone gets offended unnecessarily...)That's 'me'...for others the intellect opens them to the wonderment of God...

Star of Bethlehem link:
https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...&hsimp=yhs-001

Old 08-10-2015, 01:41 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,916,184 times
By me, such theories and computations are like "conspiracy theories," indulged in by those who want to think that they have superior knowledge and are part of the special initiates.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:35 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Man was created on the 6th day . Man is to labor only 6 days. 666 is the mark of a man to come antichrist. 7 appears hundreds of times and is the key to understanding God as He uses numerology to guide His believers. As we enter the "signs" "signs" and pangs that gradually usher end-times ( not the end of earth ) albeit a series or chronological steps of Gods judgment on earths inhabitants.who systematically fall away from Him. ( bad choices). 7 appears 735 times ( funny God never uses duhhhh) and 54 times alone in Revelations!!! Most recently within the "signs" clues to judgment on both nations and America specifically we uncover the 7 year Shemitah and its corresponding Harbingers seemingly concentration on financial instability. ( 2008 crash = -777 billion, 7% in the 7th year from 2001) Anyway, I simply recommend my fellow posters to mingle in the number 7 especially in study to "get " God !!!

The number of a man--666---number is key, it is not calling it a man

in the numbers of a man( men)-7 = complete-- 6 falls short of complete= incomplete
There are 3 things sitting in the power positions on earth, ruling over mankind, each promising a better way of life, a better future--all 3 receive a 6--they are incomplete( in comparison to the promises that Gods kingdom is all about, it gets a 7) and their words are not truth.
1) govts-6
2) false religions-6
3) the commercial system-6

All seek $$$$$$$$$, and power positions--all lose those positions by the will or arrival of Gods kingdom--they do not want that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality