Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2015, 11:41 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugg Mann View Post
Jeff, I ask you yet again for the third time since you've ignored the previous two times this has been posed directly to you. What is the grammatical difference between these two sentences;
You've already starting the conversation on a bad note with these claims that I'm ignoring your posts. Hey could it be that I'm simply buried in responses and don't have time or energy to respond to everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugg Mann View Post

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

--and--

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of a religion"

The second part of the question is simple. Which one of those sentences are found verbatim in the ultimate law of the land, the United States Constitution?

How about you just tell me what you are getting at? This smells like a trap question to me. This is the text of the first amendment:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1]"

So I don't know where you are seeing a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 11:56 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You've already starting the conversation on a bad note with these claims that I'm ignoring your posts. Hey could it be that I'm simply buried in responses and don't have time or energy to respond to everyone?

How about you just tell me what you are getting at? This smells like a trap question to me. This is the text of the first amendment:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1]"

So I don't know where you are seeing a difference.
And yet you still do not answer?

Old 09-14-2015, 12:34 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
And yet you still do not answer?
Complaining about his fellow posters eats up a lot of time.

Old 09-14-2015, 12:51 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
No the couple is FORCING THEIR BELIEFS on her. What part of that do you not get? They are part of the group who came along and demanded that society change our long held traditional beliefs. They can get licenses elsewhere. Not good enough for them. Everyone must submit. Just like Communism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90_UlLSz6Nc

Old 09-14-2015, 02:51 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
A marriage license was issued to a same-sex couple this morning. Ms. Davis stayed in her office with the door closed.
So now we know how much her conscience is worth - $80k/year.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:03 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
A marriage license was issued to a same-sex couple this morning. Ms. Davis stayed in her office with the door closed.
And amazingly, the world did not end.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:13 PM

When did "marriage" actually originate?
Attached Thumbnails
Fundy county clerk ordered to issue marriage licenses-marriage_pagans_ssm.png  

Old 09-14-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Love how you just write off anyone who doesn't agree with you as a bigot.
No, just bigots get written off as being bigots.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:41 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
So now we know how much her conscience is worth - $80k/year.
I think she also wanted to stay out of jail. Sitting in the pokey and eating off a tray takes the shine off martyrdom real quick.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:53 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
I think she also wanted to stay out of jail. Sitting in the pokey and eating off a tray takes the shine off martyrdom real quick.
She said she never wanted the attention or be portrayed as a hero or martyr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality