Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2015, 09:01 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Look at it this way, almost all the arguments against your stance has come from the information you yourself posted, you have accused all of us as being against Christians, accused the employer of being anti Christian, you claim that there is no evidence that he was not going to stop even though he said that in your article, you ignored all the times that others told you that anyone other than a Christian would be dealt with the same way and you said that nothing would change your mind.

And after false statements you wonder why posters are pointing fingers at you. Sorry to disappoint you but no Christian was persecuted or treated unfairly.
And I never called you a troll, did I? See that's a personal attack. That's what your side does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 09:17 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And I never called you a troll, did I? See that's a personal attack. That's what your side does.
No you never thank you.

But you have several times accused us of not looking at both sides and that we are hypocrite for not looking at that man's side but we keep telling you that our information comes from him and so we actually are listening to his dide, we just do not agree with him.
what should we do in arguing with you if you make false statements, falsely accuse us of taking a side only because it would be anti Christian not because it is right plus you do not even follow what you actually posts.

To me it appears that you found something that you thought would back your christians are persecuted narrative and will not accept any argument about it even when the information you posted does not back you. You appear to want to continue with this narrative of being in this persecuted minority defending your way of life and your god from these terrible ideas and groups of people. That is how you came across to me from the majority of your posts. Nobody wants to end your faith or your right to practice it but nobody also wants to live under your faith either. Drop the persecution complex for your own good and your posts may start to sound more reasonable. This will probably make you mad as previous posters giving you advise have been repaid by you attacking them. I think I can speak for moat of the rest when I say we would rather you make better arguments for your case than get all offended because you have not made those cases.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:19 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
You can always hit that ignore button if you can't stand hearing someone speak the truth of God's Word.
Hit the ignore button? And miss watching the fundamentalists howl and complain and stomp their little feeties in frustration?

Hush your mouth.

p.s. You're not speaking the truth of God's word. You're preaching from The Bible According to the Fundamentalists. Sometimes you're obviously quoting whole passages from the Fundamentalist's Handbook. (And the boring parts! Yawn. I struggle to keep awake.)

I'll let you know if you manage to post anything that remotely resembles God's truth. It's not looking good but I like to keep hope alive.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:30 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
......You have ZERO facts that his actions where causing more than a minimal burden on operations. All we know is some people were "uncomfortable" hearing the gospel. You know you could have at least apologized for charge that I purposely ignore your posts since I took time to respond. I don't think you want a discussion. You just want an argument.
One wonders how you would feel if a Muslim consistently prothlesized to you Jeff. Would you feel comfortable? Would his freedom of religion be OK with you?

What about a Mormon?

Old 09-26-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Hit the ignore button? And miss watching the fundamentalists howl and complain and stomp their little feeties in frustration?

Hush your mouth.
And the hilarious thing is it is your side that is making the snide comments, insults, and typing in all caps on occasion, just blowing a gasket because I don't back down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

p.s. You're not speaking the truth of God's word. You're preaching from The Bible According to the Fundamentalists. Sometimes you're obviously quoting whole passages from the Fundamentalist's Handbook. (And the boring parts! Yawn. I struggle to keep awake.)

I'll let you know if you manage to post anything that remotely resembles God's truth. It's not looking good but I like to keep hope alive.
Then I guess your Bible must leave out passages like this:

You are not to sleep with a man as with a woman; it is detestable. 23 You are not to have sexual intercourse with[a] any animal, defiling yourself with it; a woman is not to present herself to an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion.

24 “Do not defile yourselves by any of these practices, for the nations I am driving out before you have defiled themselves by all these things. 25 The land has become defiled, so I am punishing it for its sin, and the land will vomit out its inhabitants. 26 But you are to keep My statutes and ordinances. You must not commit any of these detestable things—not the native or the foreigner who lives among you. 27 For the men who were in the land prior to you have committed all these detestable things, and the land has become defiled.

Leviticus 18:22

If God approves of homosexuality, why would He ever outlaw it then?

Old 09-26-2015, 09:36 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
And the hilarious thing is it is your side that is making the snide comments, insults, and typing in all caps on occasion, just blowing a gasket because I don't back down.

You are not to sleep with a man as with a woman; it is detestable. 23 You are not to have sexual intercourse with[a] any animal, defiling yourself with it; a woman is not to present herself to an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion.

24 “Do not defile yourselves by any of these practices, for the nations I am driving out before you have defiled themselves by all these things. 25 The land has become defiled, so I am punishing it for its sin, and the land will vomit out its inhabitants. 26 But you are to keep My statutes and ordinances. You must not commit any of these detestable things—not the native or the foreigner who lives among you. 27 For the men who were in the land prior to you have committed all these detestable things, and the land has become defiled.

Yes, and what about that mixed cloth thing, Jeff. Your god outlawed that too, and I can virtually guarantee you have a closet full of clothes with mixed fibers.

Right?

Old 09-26-2015, 09:38 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:

Cherry picking, cherry picking, cherry picking.

How do you even know "god" is a man? I've never seen a man give birth.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
One wonders how you would feel if a Muslim consistently prothlesized to you Jeff. Would you feel comfortable? Would his freedom of religion be OK with you?

What about a Mormon?
Probably more comfortable than working with people who constantly use profanity including the GD word. Guess what, I didn't run to the boss and try to get them fired.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Yes, and what about that mixed cloth thing, Jeff. Your god outlawed that too, and I can virtually guarantee you have a closet full of clothes with mixed fibers.

Right?
God never said mixed clothes defiled the lands and other nations. Only homosexuality.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:57 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
Probably more comfortable than working with people who constantly use profanity including the GD word. Guess what, I didn't run to the boss and try to get them fired.

You have no proof that the ones who objected to this guys proselytizing tried to get him fired. They complained about his actions to get him to leave them alone , if we are to believe his story without any outside corroboration , and then he refused to follow company orders to do so , by his own admission. And THAT is what got him fired. Had he obeyed his bosses and done his job without continuing to harass coworkers about religion , he would likely still be gainfully employed. He chose to ignore them , and they exercised their constitutional right to fire employees who are insubordinate to their bosses regarding company policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality