Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 06:54 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times

Advertisements

... brain cells, that is.

What a fruitcake that guy is, and even more amazing, that there are people, in large numbers, who swallow his crock of scat he slings about.

Now he jumps on what a lot of fundies subscribe to, the "there ain't no climate change man is impacting, so jist keep on prayin' kids" bandwagon.

His blog:

https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/k...nge-alarmists/

The wingnut concludes with:
We don’t need to be concerned about drastic climate change. Our climate, and the checks and balances that keep it operating within safe parameters, were designed by an all-wise Creator. And when you start with a biblical view of Earth’s history, you reach an entirely different conclusion about the nature and cause of climate change.
Don't worry, be happy was his theme song 20 years ago, I bet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 03:26 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
His 15 minutes are done. Leave him lie with those 6,000 year old mastodon bones..

Old 10-30-2015, 03:46 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
I find it highly amusing that the one accusing the other of "missing brain cells" is the one browsing through their website, keeping track of their fruitcake knowledge, and giving them views and clicks to make more money to make more of their wingnut fundie accounts. I love the smell of insecurity in the morning.

Old 10-30-2015, 04:21 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times
There are several websites that keep track of Ken Ham, and others, for you. I was also aware of the info cupper3 posted, and I probably haven't looked at the AIG website in years.

That being said, Ken Ham is pretty amusing. Have you considered that cupper3 keeps track of things like this for entertainment value, rather than insecurity?

Old 10-30-2015, 04:58 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
There are several websites that keep track of Ken Ham, and others, for you. I was also aware of the info cupper3 posted, and I probably haven't looked at the AIG website in years.

That being said, Ken Ham is pretty amusing. Have you considered that cupper3 keeps track of things like this for entertainment value, rather than insecurity?

Ah..don't mind Allenkey. he follows us around sniping at us to feed his confirmation bias.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:28 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
There's no such thing as bad publicity. If you can attract a throng of idiot followers that give you money, why not? I've actually thought about starting a creationist website and writing some new age books.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:24 AM

122 posts, read 112,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
There's no such thing as bad publicity. If you can attract a throng of idiot followers that give you money, why not? I've actually thought about starting a creationist website and writing some new age books.
Exactly. Ken Ham is laughing all the way to the bank. His 15 minutes of fame have now lasted many years and are in no danger of ending anytime soon. He has achieved the American Dream, to an extent, I am willing to bet, far beyond 99.99% of the posters on this forum. He may actually believe some of what he preaches and teaches, or at least have convinced himself he does - but even if he doesn't, he's carved out the life most people want. Many of us spend our lives working for modest salaries at companies we don't believe in that actually do far more damage than Ken Ham could possibly do. So laugh away - he's laughing right back at you.

Old 10-30-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
... brain cells, that is.

What a fruitcake that guy is, and even more amazing, that there are people, in large numbers, who swallow his crock of scat he slings about.

Now he jumps on what a lot of fundies subscribe to, the "there ain't no climate change man is impacting, so jist keep on prayin' kids" bandwagon.

His blog:

https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/k...nge-alarmists/

The wingnut concludes with:
We don’t need to be concerned about drastic climate change. Our climate, and the checks and balances that keep it operating within safe parameters, were designed by an all-wise Creator. And when you start with a biblical view of Earth’s history, you reach an entirely different conclusion about the nature and cause of climate change.
Don't worry, be happy was his theme song 20 years ago, I bet.
I hear Moses just posted a picture of his pet T-Rex on facebook!

Old 10-30-2015, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bo Pepys View Post
Exactly. Ken Ham is laughing all the way to the bank. His 15 minutes of fame have now lasted many years and are in no danger of ending anytime soon. He has achieved the American Dream, to an extent, I am willing to bet, far beyond 99.99% of the posters on this forum. He may actually believe some of what he preaches and teaches, or at least have convinced himself he does - but even if he doesn't, he's carved out the life most people want. Many of us spend our lives working for modest salaries at companies we don't believe in that actually do far more damage than Ken Ham could possibly do. So laugh away - he's laughing right back at you.
It matters is GREED, WEALTH and MANIPULATION are considered approved by God..how many of us also could have done something similarly STUPID but thought better of being an idiot for the sake of manna..

Old 10-30-2015, 11:00 AM

122 posts, read 112,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
It matters is GREED, WEALTH and MANIPULATION are considered approved by God..how many of us also could have done something similarly STUPID but thought better of being an idiot for the sake of manna..
Of course, I didn't it say it was approved by God. Very few of those who are laughing at Ken Ham care whether anything is approved by God ... those who care whether it is approved by God are more likely weeping at him.

How many Christians could have achieved Ken Ham's level of earthly success by doing something equally inane but chose not to for the sake of their faith? I don't have any statistics but, human nature being what it is, my guess would be somewhere between "Few" and "Very few." Most of us who have the attitude that we would "never have gone there" have never had the opportunity to go there - massive temptations are easy to overcome when you never have to face them. Moreover, Ken Ham is merely teaching nonsense; the only harm is the embarrassment he causes to Christianity. It's not as though he's running Planned Parenthood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality