Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 11:14 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times

Advertisements

What a bunch of hypocrites!

From this story,

Texas Christians lament ‘freedom of religion’ while protesting Church of Lucifer opening

read some of these quotes:

"This is what we get when we have freedom of religion,” protester Christine Weick told ABC13 angrily.

Yes, this wonderful, deluded, fanatical Christian protestor does not like freedom of religion. You can see her in her full, hateful spewing glory in the video that is in the article from the TV station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 11:31 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Probably influenced by David Barton, who specifically pushes the idea that the founders only intended for christians to have freedom of religion.

He's demonstrably wrong, but that doesn't stop him, and there are a number of people who like this idea who don't much care that it's factually challenged.

Old 11-01-2015, 12:43 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
What a bunch of hypocrites!

From this story,

Texas Christians lament ‘freedom of religion’ while protesting Church of Lucifer opening

read some of these quotes:

"This is what we get when we have freedom of religion,” protester Christine Weick told ABC13 angrily.

Yes, this wonderful, deluded, fanatical Christian protestor does not like freedom of religion. You can see her in her full, hateful spewing glory in the video that is in the article from the TV station.
That's the way most of the Christians are around here, except that they don't even like other Christian groups. I grew up Southern Baptist and we were taught that ALL other Christian groups were wrong and would be going to hell.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:10 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
That's the way most of the Christians are around here, except that they don't even like other Christian groups. I grew up Southern Baptist and we were taught that ALL other Christian groups were wrong and would be going to hell.
Your lucky you were just exposed to Southern Baptists.

They are amateurs as opposed to the Calvinists that frequent my area.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:17 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Your lucky you were just exposed to Southern Baptists.

They are amateurs as opposed to the Calvinists that frequent my area.
We also have a Church of Israel not far from here. I worked for them once. They have "No Trespassing" signs all over the place.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:29 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,368,243 times
I've got you all beat.

In like 2009 or so, I took a road trip, trying to move out. After staying with my sister for awhile, I went to WWOOF, and organic farming system, some of which offer stipends. The first one that I tried, not only didn't, but it was a cult known as Twelve Tribes (wikipedia has an article on it).

Basic principles: Bunch of long-haired, long-bearded German folk, with very 7th-day Adventist/Jewish background. All other religions but them are wrong, because they pronounce Jesus "Ya-shua", and supposedly the Jesus other people believe in is actually a pagan version (one person compared it to "Hey-Zeus" ). They believe that all people will have a first death until end times, and then a second death where people get snuffed out. I saw people who seemed to have doubts suddenly want conversion (classic plant trick), I saw people getting worked on, I saw some people screaming and dunking themselves in water, and other people throwing away their interests because the elders said it wasn't serving God. Final straw was when they had a out of context sermon about "whoever does not hate his family and follow me..." uhhhh yea, you guys aren't Jesus, you're a control system. I know what Jesus is. I slipped out the back.

Oh yea, and they had wedding "pre-enactments" as in "this is how you imagine your wedding to be" as if it could ever actually be the way you predicted. Foolishness.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:18 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
you're

Old 11-01-2015, 08:21 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
you're
not making a lick of sense.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:29 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
you're
not making a lick of sense.
Probably a typo mistake

Old 11-01-2015, 08:39 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times
When conservative Christians say "freedom of religion", they mean freedom for their religion only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality