Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 07:26 AM

10,093 posts, read 5,745,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Evolution selects for survival, not for enjoyment. It's a blunt instrument that doesn't advertise itself as a fount of knowledge, joy, peace, tranquility, morality and hope. So when it ends up being a survival mechanism and nothing more, there's no false advertising involved at all.
The why are human beings so adapted poorly for survival? Even primates have better survival physical bodies. They are stronger physically and have thick padded feet. Human beings? Without shoes, our feet would be a mess. Why would evolution evolve humans with weaker feet and sensitive skin that burns easily under the sun? Looks like the opposite should have occurred.

Human beings are much more susceptible to disease and cancer than even our supposely primate relatives.
If we really evolved from primates then evolution really sucks at survival.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 07:42 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,950,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Let's face it, if you're the male cohort of the human species, you're well aware that the only organ that is external to the human body, are your testicles. All your other sensitive and vulnerable organs are well inside your body cavity protected.

The question becomes why? Well the scientific answer is that the human testicles have to be cooler the normal body temperature otherwise sperm will not be produced. Now the strange part about that is, that many mammals have internal testicles including rhinoceroses, all marine mammals, and elephants. Even more interesting is, that birds have internal testicles, and their body temperature is higher than humans.

If there was an intelligent designer out there, why would that designer make humans handicapped, yet be able to make rhinoceros testicles that can be internal?
Actually the testicles are internal as you are referring to the sac or the ******* that is external, so this is a very intelligent design when one needs a certain body temperature to produce sperm and how it reacts to weather changes.

are male testicles inside the human body - Bing images

Old 11-29-2015, 08:16 AM

18,504 posts, read 9,179,531 times
Testicles are proof of intelligent design. Look at all of the intelligently-designed pickup trucks that have testicles on the trailer hitch.

Last edited by Freak80; 11-29-2015 at 08:58 AM..

Old 11-29-2015, 08:27 AM

20,049 posts, read 13,516,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The why are human beings so adapted poorly for survival? Even primates have better survival physical bodies. They are stronger physically and have thick padded feet. Human beings? Without shoes, our feet would be a mess. Why would evolution evolve humans with weaker feet and sensitive skin that burns easily under the sun? Looks like the opposite should have occurred.

Human beings are much more susceptible to disease and cancer than even our supposedly primate relatives.
Survival is just that: survival. And for purposes of natural selection, only survival long enough to pass on your genes. If your feet hurt or your skin is burnt, it is fine so long as you procreate before either one of those things kills you and you pass on your thing footed, fair skinned genes.

I am not arguing for or against natural selection, simply describing how it works.

I could as well ask, if god designed humans, why did he give them thin feet and fair skin? Looks like a poor design.

The beauty of natural selection is that it has no agency. You can't really criticize it, only observe it. Once something has agency then if it created you with exposed testicles or thin feet or to be cancer prone or whatever, AND claims to be loving and kind AND promises to love and protect you, you have a conundrum on your hands.

I don't subscribe to atheism because of this, but it's a nice side benefit. No more "why me", "what did I do wrong", "why didn't god keep his promises", "why do the wicked prosper". Life is just stuff happening. It's not personal and it doesn't owe you anything and you don't owe it anything.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:37 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,598,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
God knows best.

He wants us humble, in pain, and vulnerable as much as possible.
It's about "job creation," obviously …

Guys spend $$$ -- WILLINGLY -- on jock straps and nut cups …
Where's the problem … ???

Old 11-29-2015, 08:39 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,601,412 times
lmao. show me how they could have been made any better under the conditions they were made. So they were made exactly the best way. All this shows is that "they" have the characteristics wrong, not if "it" is there or not.

However, it does show that literal bible is less valid then a metaphorical, lesson style, bible. Literal bible is meaningless. In fact it shows that the latter is more valid than the "nothing" stance. The fundy need "this" world to be real because they see no other.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:43 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,643,800 times
So where would you like them to be? Ever think you have too much time on your hands? Am laughing right now at your sense of humor.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:55 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,601,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
So where would you like them to be? Ever think you have too much time on your hands? Am laughing right now at your sense of humor.
lol, yeah, ignorance is so bliss. Sometimes how I wish I had less free will, I could just jump on the anti religion smash train. Be that as it may. Temperature is an issue due to the nature of the sperm. It has to carry a lot of information a pretty fair way.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:00 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,598,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lol, yeah, ignorance is so bliss. Sometimes how I wish I had less free will, I could just jump on the anti religion smash train. Be that as it may. Temperature is an issue due to the nature of the sperm. It has to carry a lot of information a pretty fair way.
Yeah … Some guys would complain if you hanged 'em with a new rope …

"There's just no pleasing some people … !!!"
-- The Lord Jesus of Nazareth, in Luke 7: 31-35

Old 11-29-2015, 09:03 AM

11,049 posts, read 6,003,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

Human beings are much more susceptible to disease and cancer than even our supposely primate relatives.
We don't suck at survival. Look at how many of us there are. And our soft feet is a response to wearing shoes. The disease and cancer is a result of the crap we eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality