Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2015, 08:54 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,558,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Like you would actually admit that God is real. Of course, you are going to say this. I have to read behind the words, and the tone and choice of terms like "garbage" reveals the truth.
Your own personal interpretation of truth just like you apply to your bible. Doesn't make it true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 08:58 AM

10,088 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Or perhaps someone who has read it and studied it has come to the conclusion that it is garbage.

You ought to read it sometime.
I continue to read it. It is an endless reservoir of truth and power. Most of our social problems would go away if we followed the principles in the Bible.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:01 AM

689 posts, read 495,092 times
Quote:
I continue to read it. It is an endless reservoir of truth and power. Most of our social problems would go away if we followed the principles in the Bible.

There are some sensible things in that book, but much that is garbage!

Old 12-16-2015, 09:05 AM

10,088 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
I am not sure that some of these people are even able to think. They just spew out crap they have been brainwashed to believe, and spout nonsense that they read on some Christian website or hear on Fox News. Some people on here have shown a consistent inability to think.
Typical belittling tactic. The truth is atheists are one of the most close minded group out there. Atheists continue to prove to me daily that they are simply incapable of every admitting that they can be wrong about ANYTHING! Atheists think they are the supreme experts of every single field of knowledge in the universe and everyone else is just intellectually inferior.

Two things you will most likely NEVER hear in this lifetime:

"I, the POTUS, have an issued an executive order eliminating income tax."

"You know what, that Christian person actually made a good point!"

Old 12-16-2015, 09:09 AM

689 posts, read 495,092 times
Quote:
Typical belittling tactic. The truth is atheists are one of the most close minded group out there. Atheists continue to prove to me daily that they are simply incapable of every admitting that they can be wrong about ANYTHING! Atheists think they are the supreme experts of every single field of knowledge in the universe and everyone else is just intellectually inferior.

And 'Christians' like you state as FACT something which is a mere belief with no evidence to support it!

Old 12-16-2015, 09:12 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,880 times
Quote:
The irony is Christians wouldn't feel pushed to label atheists as anti-American and traitors if atheists were not relentlessly attacking faith and tearing down American traditions, the latest being an attack on university school chaplains.
So not being Christian, and not allowing Christians free roam is anti-American and traitorous? Wow, you would have fit in real well in the old world. You know, the one people came to this country to escape?

You are the anti-American one. You are the one who thinks only certain people should have certain rights, and only YOUR religion should be able to have free roam to do whatever they want. You sir, are Anti-American.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:13 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,880 times
Quote:

Says the guy who is incapable of even admitting that there is a POSSIBILITY that he is wrong about his religion or God. You are quite the joke Jeff.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:16 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
The irony is Christians wouldn't feel pushed to label atheists as anti-American and traitors if atheists were not relentlessly attacking faith and tearing down American traditions, the latest being an attack on university school chaplains.
University school chaplains are an American tradition? Really? Gee... I thought American traditions were things like the seventh inning stretch, standing up when the flag goes by in a parade, eating buffalo wings on Superbowl Sunday.

I had NO idea university school chaplains were an American tradition. That's sounds like something the fundamentalists pulled out of their nether regions. I'll bet you got that from one of your far-right fundamentalist websites.

I went to three American colleges. None had a chaplain. We did, however, have football teams and marching bands. Which are actual American traditions.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:19 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,194,471 times
Quote:
Typical belittling tactic. The truth is atheists are one of the most close minded group out there. Atheists continue to prove to me daily that they are simply incapable of every admitting that they can be wrong about ANYTHING!
That is actually not true for the vase majority of atheists. Show us some INFORMATION that demonstrates wrong, and to hot damn, we will admit we are wrong.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:22 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Quote:
Like you would actually admit that God is real. Of course, you are going to say this. I have to read behind the words, and the tone and choice of terms like "garbage" reveals the truth.
I admit that Allah is real. Get it right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality