Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 02:09 PM

205 posts, read 119,774 times

Advertisements

Dear friends in Christ,

I'm a Catholic Catechist. And I promise to be charitable.

Because there is but One True God

And That God can logically have only One True Faith

And Yahweh choose "One Chosen people" which Jesus emulated; by called "My Church" [singular]; it is my position that we Catholics are the One true Faith.

I'd love to hear what you think? OH!, and what's you're position on the veracity of the Bible?

God Bless you,

Patrick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 02:13 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,183,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick for Christ View Post
Dear friends in Christ,

And Yahweh choose "One Chosen people" which Jesus emulated; by called "My Church" [singular]; it is my position that we Catholics are the One true Faith.

I'd love to hear what you think? OH!, and what's you're position on the veracity of the Bible?

God Bless you,

Patrick
In a nutshell? Please don't take this as a personal insult....this is my opinion. I have a lot of Catholic family that I love and respect.

I'm not Catholic because I honestly believe the Catholic church is an apostate religion and does not teach the Gospel. I don't mean that to "bash" the religion.....it's my view of their theology. You disagree with me? Great. OK. It doesn't mean you're a bad person. They teach a works-based system of performance salvation. Do a google search on "infused versus imputed righteousness" and you'll see the big difference.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Born and raised Catholic. Attended Catholic schools. Was an altar boy.

Then, around 14 or 15, I realized Catholicism/Christianity's answers made no sense to me.

50 years later, I feel the same way.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:22 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,183,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Born and raised Catholic. Attended Catholic schools. Was an altar boy.

Then, around 14 or 15, I realized Catholicism/Christianity's answers made no sense to me.

50 years later, I feel the same way.
I also wandered out of the RCC at around 14 or 15 -- right after confirmation.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:25 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,153,100 times
Quote:
Dear friends in Christ,

God Bless you,

Patrick
There are an awful lot of "casual Catholics" that see the religion as little more than a personal or ethnic identity. Maybe I could be one of those kinds of Catholics, even as an atheist.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:26 PM

64 posts, read 32,148 times
Quote:
Dear friends in Christ,

God Bless you,

Patrick
Catholicism is pagan, the chosen people were the children of Israel which is always and forever (Read Hebrews 8:8) Yahweh is not his name, since names are transliterated not translated. Yea Catholics do not practice the law so that is not the "one true faith"

Old 11-11-2015, 02:27 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,940,008 times
Quote:
Dear friends in Christ,

God Bless you,

Patrick
I am not a Catholic because I do not believe that the authority once conferred upon Peter was ever transferred to the individual Roman Catholics believe succeeded him as the living head of Jesus Christ's Church. I believe that this authority was lost entirely following the deaths of the Apostles. I do agree with the Catholic Church's position that the issue of authority is significant.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:29 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,962,071 times
Quote:
Dear friends in Christ,

God Bless you,

Patrick
Patrick, that is wonderful that you are Catholic and you have faith.

I was raised Catholic from birth. I still visit the Catholic church from time to time.

I now realize that Peter is/was an apostle of the Circumcision Jewish church. The apostle Paul is the apostle of the uncircumcision church of the nations. You can read quite a lot about this in Paul's epistles and especially in Paul's letter to the Galatians. So I am now in the uncircumcision church.

There is one true faith but two different destinies for the two aforementioned groups. The Circumcision church will remain on the earth when Christ returns. The uncircumcision church will have its headquarters among the heavens.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:40 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,669,615 times
I'm confused.... :P
Catholicism is the one true religion...
But....
The Jews are Gods chosen people?
And only 144,000 go to heaven and only if they are Jehovah Witness?

How does that work?

I was baptized/christened in the catholic tradition, but it was only for the motions of it to please the other family members.
I was raised without religion of any kind.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:42 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,864,470 times
Quote:
If your NOT a Catholic: Why Not
Because I'm Jewish.

And while I agree that there is one God, I don't think that God has "One True Faith". I don't think that God has a religion at all. Our religions are how we connect with the Divine; what is "right" for me isn't necessarily "right" for my Baptist or Muslim neighbor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality