Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 04:53 PM

10,095 posts, read 5,746,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
From WHAT, jeff??? From Him??? What kind of logic is that?
I'm not going to get into a discussion about the trinity with people who don't believe in the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 04:55 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,814,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Are you living on the streets? Do you have food on your table? Do you have clothes on your back?
No but I still need one for myself. Food hurts me a lot. I'm not much of a clothes person, of course I wear them but I don't own that many outfits.
I may someday and I live in an apartment that adds to my anguish.
There should be more to life than just surviving esp after all that I've been through and if god exists he should acknowledge that. I am physically living but I'm not really alive most of the time.

Last edited by Nickchick; 02-18-2016 at 05:05 PM..

Old 02-18-2016, 05:26 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,216,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I'm not going to get into a discussion about the trinity with people who don't believe in the Bible.
Don't quite a few sects which fall under the Christian umbrella not recognize the trinity? JWs' don't, pretty sure. Nor do Mormons. Yet, they believe in the bible. I'm sure there's others.

Do you ever discuss things with them? Or are they shunned too?

ETA: If what I posted about the JWs and Mormons above is incorrect, I welcome correction.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:24 PM

63,890 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
. . . God took part of his own being to endure pain to save our sorry sinful behinds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
From WHAT, jeff??? From Him??? What kind of logic is that?
Quote:
Okay, but I believe in the Bible. So, What did He save us from by being scourged and crucified and How? Why didn't He just forgive us. What did we need to be saved from???

Old 02-18-2016, 06:40 PM

28,104 posts, read 30,005,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Don't quite a few sects which fall under the Christian umbrella not recognize the trinity? JWs' don't, pretty sure. Nor do Mormons. Yet, they believe in the bible. I'm sure there's others.

ETA: If what I posted about the JWs and Mormons above is incorrect, I welcome correction.
You are 100% correct with regards to Mormons. I don't accept the doctrine of the Trinity precisely because I believe the Bible, not despite my belief in it.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:48 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,064,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

He doesn't want to get into a discussion about the Trinity because deep down he knows there is a possibility that he will see the truth in it and that scares him...

Old 02-18-2016, 07:50 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,064,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
No but I still need one for myself. Food hurts me a lot. I'm not much of a clothes person, of course I wear them but I don't own that many outfits.
I may someday and I live in an apartment that adds to my anguish.
There should be more to life than just surviving esp after all that I've been through and if god exists he should acknowledge that. I am physically living but I'm not really alive most of the time.
You sound like a Goth...

Old 02-18-2016, 08:26 PM

11,051 posts, read 6,005,555 times
Quote:
What is sick is this distortion of the truth. We are the children of God. It it sick to think of a father willing to do anything including endure real physical torture and pain to save his children? That's what God did. The Bible is pretty clear that Jesus and God are not completely separate entities. They are part of the same so in essense, God took part of his own being to endure pain to save our sorry sinful behinds.
But I thought God is supposed to be all powerful, all enduring and so on. So why would he need to go through all that complicated, pie in the sky rigmarole, to "save our sorry sinful behinds"? Why not just create us right in the first place? Why not just forgive us in the second place? After all, he created us sinful to start with. We are created in God's image! Wait a minute ... !? Oops! Now I get it.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:28 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,849,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Yes, let's look at "proof" of other things, shall we?

Proof of the Loch Ness Monster

Proof of ghosts

Proof of Bigfoot.

Now, Jeff, I expect you to now believe in all these things, since your idea of proof is simply a photo and eyewitness accounts. These all have plenty. So, I am glad to know you now believe in Nessie, ghosts, and Bigfoot!!

Lol!

Old 02-18-2016, 09:09 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,814,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
But I thought God is supposed to be all powerful, all enduring and so on. So why would he need to go through all that complicated, pie in the sky rigmarole, to "save our sorry sinful behinds"? Why not just create us right in the first place? Why not just forgive us in the second place? After all, he created us sinful to start with. We are created in God's image! Wait a minute ... !? Oops! Now I get it.
I get it too. The Christian god is a masochist and he thinks we SHOULD be the same so of course he would let us suffer here on earth. It all makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality