Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 09:27 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Okay, but I believe in the Bible. So, What did He save us from by being scourged and crucified and How? Why didn't He just forgive us. What did we need to be saved from???
"Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Genesis 1:26

Let us. Who is the US here? Sure sounds like God was not alone in the beginning. Oh wait, you think the OT is barbaric and worthless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 09:32 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Okay, but I believe in the Bible. So, What did He save us from by being scourged and crucified and How? Why didn't He just forgive us. What did we need to be saved from???
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
"Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
Let us. Who is the US here? Sure sounds like God was not alone in the beginning. Oh wait, you think the OT is barbaric and worthless.
Sorry, jeff. I do not see how this is responsive to my questions. What am I missing here???

Old 02-18-2016, 09:43 PM

11,023 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

No, God was not alone in the beginning. Nor is Jesus his only begotten son. Genesis 6:1-8
Oops!

Old 02-19-2016, 06:44 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
The lesson will be fully realized when all mankind are resurrected to immortality and incorruption.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
Why not skip the appetizers then, and make humanity incorruptible now? Or 6000 years ago?

Seems to be a recurring theme here that the bumbling god tries to teach lessons, fails, but will do something about it in the future. With his track record of ineptitude. ...why would you expect his next attempt to save humanity (from him, really) to be any more successful?
I already answered your question about a hundred times. Why should He skip the appetizers? Why should He make humanity immortal and incorruptible now? There are two more eons to go. Why should He interrupt His program just to satisfy you?

God hasn't failed in anything and His lessons He is teaching mankind is for their good. He is not inept.
He raised Christ from the dead and that is the promise He will do so with the rest of mankind.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
No but I still need one for myself. Food hurts me a lot. I'm not much of a clothes person, of course I wear them but I don't own that many outfits.
I may someday and I live in an apartment that adds to my anguish.
There should be more to life than just surviving esp after all that I've been through and if god exists he should acknowledge that. I am physically living but I'm not really alive most of the time.
So let me get this straight. God brought you into existence but that's not good enough.
He gave you life and breath but that's not good enough.
He has given you all you have but that's not good enough.
I would be of the opinion that if He gave you your dream job, that would not be good enough. Next you'd want a mansion, servants, limousines, jets, yachts etc. and that wouldn't be good enough.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Romans 5:12, 18 & 19 give the details as does 1 Corinthians 15:22-28 and Colossians 1:20.
He died to save us from what we get from Adam--dying and thus sinning.

In 1 Timothy God is saving all mankind because Christ ransomed all mankind. What was all mankind imprisoned by? Sin and death. Christ ransomed mankind from sin and death.

Mankind is at enmity to God so God is going to reconcile all mankind, making peace through the blood of Christ's cross. That is what Colossians 1:20 states.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
But I thought God is supposed to be all powerful, all enduring and so on. So why would he need to go through all that complicated, pie in the sky rigmarole, to "save our sorry sinful behinds"? Why not just create us right in the first place? Why not just forgive us in the second place? After all, he created us sinful to start with. We are created in God's image! Wait a minute ... !? Oops! Now I get it.
It has to do with the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If God didn't think we needed to come into the knowledge of good and evil He wouldn't have planted the tree in the midst of the garden in the first place. And mankind needs to know what it is like to be saved our of our condition. It is not really that hard of a concept to understand.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I get it too. The Christian god is a masochist and he thinks we SHOULD be the same so of course he would let us suffer here on earth. It all makes sense.
Again, why not concentrate on all the good God does in the Bible rather than just a couple of verses where He judges certain ones for their own good?

There must be a psychological disorder for people who can only see what they consider "bad" in others.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:59 AM

20,007 posts, read 13,486,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
There must be a psychological disorder for people who can only see what they consider "bad" in others.
There's a disorder named for many Christians too; it's Stockholm Syndrome. That's how you can only see the "good". Although really the good is not personally observed, it is simply asserted. It's written down in a book that god is good; otherwise you'd never know it.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
No, God was not alone in the beginning. Nor is Jesus his only begotten son. Genesis 6:1-8
Oops!
Adam is said to be a son of God. This made Adam an elohim with a small 'e.'
The offspring of Adam were sons of the elohim or sons of Adam. They were trying to amalgamate power on earth. God didn't think that was the right thing for them to do.

Gen 6:2 And seeing are sons of the elohim the daughters of the human, that they are good, and taking
are they for themselves wives of all whom they choose.

Genesis 6:1-7 And coming is it that humanity starts to be multitudinous on the surface of the ground,
and daughters are born to them. (2) And seeing are sons of the elohim the daughters of the human,
that they are good, and taking are they for themselves wives of all whom they choose. (3) And saying
is Yahweh Elohim, "Not abide shall My spirit in the human for the eon, in that moreover, he is flesh. And
come shall his days to be a hundred and twenty years. (4) Now the distinguished come to be in the
earth in those days, and, moreover, afterward, coming are those who are sons of the elohim to the
daughters of the human, and they bear for them. They are the masters, who are from the eon, mortals
with the name. (5) And seeing is Yahweh Elohim that much is the evil of humanity in the earth, and
every form of the devices of its heart is but evil all its days. (6) And regretting is Yahweh Elohim that
He made humanity on the earth, and grieving to His heart. (7) And saying is Yahweh Elohim, "Wipe
will I the humanity, which I have created, off the surface of the ground, from human unto beast, and
unto the moving animal, and unto the flyer of the heavens, for I regret that I have made them.

From Unsearchable Riches magazine:

"Note that the first section, Gen.5:1-5, is concerned with Adam and his wife, personally, their creation,
lifetime, sons and daughters. The corresponding section, Gen.6:1-3, should also be applied to Adam and
his wife and their daughters and sons. The theme here concerns the subjection of the great multitude to
which Adam and his wife had increased by the time he was eight hundred and ten years old. Adam
himself, as head of his great family, was the subjector of all. But, when they became too numerous, he
would naturally associate his firstborn sons with him, as his assistants. So they were sons of the elohim,
the subjectors (the Adams). In order to keep this function in the family they married the daughters of
these subjectors. This custom has often been followed in royal houses, in order to perpetuate their
social superiority."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality