Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 08:17 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
So the best example of the atheist persecution of Christians you can supply is name calling on an anonymous, voluntary forum with no political or economic influence?

I didn't know that Christians had it so tough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
And? Is that your persecution? You poor, poor thing. All that is missing is your hair shirt Eusebius.

Did someone burn a cross on your lawn?
Were your friends killed at bible study?
Were you denied a seat at the counter or bus?
Did you need permission to open a bank account, or get credit?
Were you abused by a trusted pastor?
Did an Atheist go to PPH and kill your co-workers ?

Did a house fall on your sister?
Bravo!

The pathetic mewling from immature fundamentalists is nauseating.

They have no clue what real persecution is. Their soft, tender sensibilities only come into play when feeling sorry for themselves.

When it comes to the pain of others they have all the empathy of a crocodile - without the charm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

13,011 posts, read 13,040,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
All one has to do is come here and read the vitriolic posts from Atheists bashing Christians.
Most posts are polite; a few are not.

Please provide an example of persecution.

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
All one has to do is come here and read the vitriolic posts from Atheists bashing Christians.

Atheists bash Christians because Christians use their beliefs to marginalize and persecute those that don't agree with them, and because they try to dumb down our schools to fit their mythological beliefs .

If Christians quit trying to make all of society conform to their beliefs there would be no vitriol against them . But they reap what they sow .

Old 02-19-2016, 08:19 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
How do you distinguish the atheists from the Christians in your daily interactions? Unless they are wearing a Christian T-shirt or have a fish tattoo or use the word "blessed" I don't know how to pick out Christians. If you are assuming that all unfriendly people are atheists you are most definitely wrong.

Source: am a friendly atheist
I am speaking from my online experiences with atheists which is always 100% rude and I don't see them being nice to any other Christians in discussions. If you are going to say that online doesn't equal real life, hey that's fine, but you lose the right to make characterizations about me and my personal life based solely on online posts.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Just read all the interactions atheists, secularists and humanists have had with Christians in the threads here. Pretty telling if you ask me.

Atheists react to idiotic crap Christians post, and to harmful Christian beliefs .

So what? That's persecution and intrusion into your religious lives ?

Old 02-19-2016, 08:22 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Atheists bash Christians because Christians use their beliefs to marginalize and persecute those that don't agree with them, and because they try to dumb down our schools to fit their mythological beliefs .

If Christians quit trying to make all of society conform to their beliefs there would be no vitriol against them . But they reap what they sow .
WELL worth repeating

Old 02-19-2016, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I am speaking from my online experiences with atheists which is always 100% rude and I don't see them being nice to any other Christians in discussions. If you are going to say that online doesn't equal real life, hey that's fine, but you lose the right to make characterizations about me and my personal life based solely on online posts.
Do you understand what persecution and unwanted intrusion into your religious life means ? The best you can do is that a few atheists post negatively in response to you posting your Christian beliefs some of which are offensive to normal people ?

Old 02-19-2016, 08:24 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,040,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
100% rude? Every single post?!

Patently absurd.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:26 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
100% rude? Every single post?!

Patently absurd.
jeff has invested a lot into his persecution schtick. He's not going to let a little thing like the truth or reality interfere with it.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:28 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post

Our country is rooted in a Christian heritage. We're not out there trying to change society. It's YOUR side that wants to tear down and change people's traditions that have been in place for many years. If a post office has held up a harmless "God Bless America" banner in their office for years then it's your side that wants us to conform to your beliefs by demanding that it be torn down. In this case, the community fought back:

Quote:

Residents in Pittsburg, Kansas have placed over 1,000 "God Bless America" signs throughout their town after a national atheist organization ordered the local post office to remove a banner with the same phrase.

The Pittsburg Post Office had installed a large "God Bless America" banner hanging outside of its building after the 2001 terror attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City.

Recently, the Wisconsin-based Freedom From Religion Foundation demanded the small town government building remove the banner, arguing that it violated a separation of church and state.

"We're very pleased that the post office took the right steps to separate church and state and abide by the post office regulations," Madeline Ziegler, a legal fellow at the Freedom From Religion Foundation, said in a statement to The Joplin Globe.

Shortly after the banner was removed, the owner of Jake's Fireworks, a local business, decided to print 1,200 "God Bless America" yard signs and 300 banners to be placed around town.

As The Morning Sun reports, dozens of vehicles lined up in front of Jake's Fireworks over the weekend to pick up a "God Bless America" sign.

"Obviously, we're among the majority that didn't agree with the decision to take the sign down (at the post office)," Jason Marietta, retail sales director for the local business, told The Morning Sun.

Atheist Group Removes 'God Bless America' Sign but Residents Put Up 1500 More

Here's another example - The Skeptics Annotated Bible. Wow. So you have an atheist version of the Holy Bible created by atheists to go through the Bible verse by verse and rip it apart. For someone to dedicate that many hours of labor certainly wasn't a labor of love. It was a labor out of a mean anti-Christian spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality