Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2016, 02:49 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The fact that they are constantly being tested leaves the door open that the theory could be wrong
The fact many members on this forum are constantly questioning you, leaves the door open that you could be wrong. That door swings both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 02:58 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
Care to tell me how I can test something that is non physical via physical means?

Now you understand the basis for atheism .

Old 02-29-2016, 03:02 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Care to tell me how I can test something that is non physical via physical means?

That is why creationism should not be taught in a science class as it is not science. As evolution has so far passed all tests you should not be calling it a lie nor should you be associating it with atheisism. Go read Rock of Ages by Gould. Or Google and find Christians who are in the field of evolutionary biology. Or simply stop claiming that we claim that the ToE can never be wrong.

But that is a good question and is also why we cannot prove that a god does not exist, and why we are not hatrers of your God but just do not see evidence for one to exist and therefore do not think he does.

If creationists want creatinism to be taught as science they need to demostrate that it is even science let alone a credible alternative to evolution. If they cannot do that all they are wanting is to have their religion taught in science.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:23 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times
When a dude tells you in his manifesto that he is a jealous kind of guy and shows you examples of how he deals with his jealousy, I would say he is noting special. In fact, I would suggest staying FAAAARRRRR away from such a "god."

Old 02-29-2016, 03:25 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
That is why creationism should not be taught in a science class as it is not science. As evolution has so far passed all tests you should not be calling it a lie nor should you be associating it with atheisism. Go read Rock of Ages by Gould. Or Google and find Christians who are in the field of evolutionary biology. Or simply stop claiming that we claim that the ToE can never be wrong.

And teaching that we definitely descending from primates should not be taught either. It's never been tested. It hasn't been observed. All you can do is observe small mutation changes and then assume those changes over millions of years = new species.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:29 PM

380 posts, read 201,573 times
Quote:
This is a loaded question. It kinda legitimizes a wild assertion that "something that is non physical" actually exists.
Care to tell me how do you plan to show that this assertion is actually true and not a product of your imagination.
As soon as you do that we can start thinking about testing mechanism.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:33 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
And teaching that we definitely descending from primates should not be taught either. It's never been tested. It hasn't been observed. All you can do is observe small mutation changes and then assume those changes over millions of years = new species.

Sorry Jeff but it's now genetically proven . You may not like it, and it probably creates one more branch of science you have to deny, but it's shown in the genes now .

Old 02-29-2016, 03:38 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Are you willfully ignorant? We ARE primates, of course it has been tested, and only a blind person could not observe it.....Primates evolved from a common ancestor that split off from other mammals about 65 million years ago.

The Primates: Humans

Old 02-29-2016, 03:41 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That was during a state of war. Since God is working all together for good and since warfare is not the end goal God has in mind for humanity but rather the saving of all mankind, and since God is love, we know that God is doing what is best for humanity.
Again, you are just taking some snippets from the historical accounts of warfare and trying, without success I might add, that God is evil. You are failing the take a step back and seeing the whole picture of what God is moving all mankind to which is salvation.
It is too bad you and those of your persuasion cannot see the whole picture but someday you will.
Someday all mankind will bow the knee in the name of Jesus and happily acclaim that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God, the Father (Philippians 2:8-11). Since no one who died in the world-wide flood or in warfare are going to be mad at God in that day, I would suggest you and your friends drop their enmity to God now since you will be dropping your enmity eventually.
All I am getting from you here is that there are times when it is okay to hack to death children and babies with a sword and that I will understand this someday. I notice that the Holocaust occurred during a state of war as well. I can only hope that I will NEVER reach a stage where I am psychotic enough to consider that hacking children and babies to death with a sword is justified.

Someday someday someday. Someday Jesus will return and then I will see. In the meantime however everyone who lived 2,000 ago is still quite reliably DEAD! Your current batting average is zero for two millennia, making you incredibly credibility challenged, I am afraid.

Last edited by Tired of the Nonsense; 02-29-2016 at 04:01 PM..

Old 02-29-2016, 03:42 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutennis View Post
The issue is that you refuse to provide an explanation for what you insist on providing for you.
What exactly do you want?
What kind of transitional fossil?
What exactly will you accept as a proof?
Why don't you accept as proof your own scientists saying there are no transitional fossils?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality