Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 10:57 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
David did dance NAKED before the Lord and the Lord was pleased..
The text doesn't actually say that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 11:11 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
On the night of a full moon, the Awá in the Amazon take part in the Karawara, a journey to the spirit world:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlI5a__kCb0
"We all" ??
Including your own family?

Old 03-19-2016, 11:24 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
I find stuff like this fascinating, thanks for sharing.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:44 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
"We all" ??
Including your own family?
Most certainly..kind of like spending the weekend in the forest pounding drums and dancing like David..the kids loved it.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The text doesn't actually say that.
Sure it does. Why does the truth so offend you? Why can you not accept that DAVID was a lude and crude SOB womanizer / bisexual / murderer whom GOD loved?

2 SAMUEL 6:20
When David returned home to bless his household, Michal daughter of Saul came out to meet him and said, "How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today, going around half-naked in full view of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!"

Do we really think that linen ephod left ANYTHING to the imagination?

Not sure if you have ever seen a man dancing in a ephod style garment, but let's just say it gives meaning to the phrase LET IT ALL HANG OUT...

To say that the ephod covered David would be disingenuous to Michal who states he was HALF-NAKED and VULGAR...and that DAVID'S goodies were IN FULL VIEW of the SLAVE GIRLS and SERVANTS..

But we are all pretty sure most of the King's slave girls were very familiar with David's "package" as were many of the King's servants (male and female)

Old 03-19-2016, 02:48 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times
Quote:
Sure it does. Why does the truth so offend you? Why can you not accept that DAVID was a lude and crude SOB womanizer / bisexual / murderer whom GOD loved?

2 SAMUEL 6:20
When David returned home to bless his household, Michal daughter of Saul came out to meet him and said, "How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today, going around half-naked in full view of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!"

Do we really think that linen ephod left ANYTHING to the imagination?

Not sure if you have ever seen a man dancing in a ephod style garment, but let's just say it gives meaning to the phrase LET IT ALL HANG OUT...

To say that the ephod covered David would be disingenuous to Michal who states he was HALF-NAKED and VULGAR...and that DAVID'S goodies were IN FULL VIEW of the SLAVE GIRLS and SERVANTS..

But we are all pretty sure most of the King's slave girls were very familiar with David's "package" as were many of the King's servants (male and female)
So how did that please the Lord ? That was your statement.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
So how did that please the Lord ? That was your statement.

2 Samuel 6:21

David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the LORD's people Israel--I will celebrate before the LORD.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:29 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
I am kind of jealous of how comfortable they are with their bodies. I was looking at my face the other day and think maybe I should check into those filler treatments people talk about( I am only 48). They don't seem to give a crap about that. They must have missed the memo to be ashamed. Good for them.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:56 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No one wants to watch me get naked and decorate myself with chicken feathers in an attempt to contact the dead. Sorry. It just wouldn't be pretty.
I'll be the judge of that.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:53 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Here's another ritual that will make us feel better about ourselves and the world, without actually accomplishing anything: https://www.earthhour.org

Surely the climate gods will see that we are trying our best. Hopefully they will be merciful toward us and spare us from their wrath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality