Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 11:58 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The belief that all land animals on earth could fit onto the ark is no less absurd than fairies and unicorns.
Yeah! Millions of 'em! Not only the millions of species we see today but millions of species that have gone extinct and millions of species that have yet to be discovered...they would have all had to have been aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I've read articles that suggest that it was certainly possible.
Me too. Quite hilarious! Like Woodmanthrope's classic claiming that Noah trained all the animals to crap into buckets which could then be emptied over the side of the boat. Noah must have been the greatest animal trainer in history!!

Quote:
In any event, I believe that God spoke and created the universe. He was certainly capable of holding the ark together.
Ah yes! When you can't rationalise something, just invoke 'MAGIC'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 09:00 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I've read articles that suggest that it was certainly possible.

In any event, I believe that God spoke and created the universe. He was certainly capable of holding the ark together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
It would have bee just so much easier to simply modify man and thus solve the problem. After all, God can do anything.

The 'flood' as you may have noticed, was an epic fail.
Mysterious ways.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:39 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Well?

Did Noah break the rule of two of everything (yeah, we know about the 7 thing, but it doesn't apply here)?

Or did the anteaters all of a sudden turn vegetarian?

What about the vultures and other carrion eaters? What did they eat? Remember, only two of each kind was to be on board.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proofs, not "this might have happened".

The ants procreate 2 at a time...when TWO were born the old ones were eaten...and the cycle continued.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:50 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
The ants procreate 2 at a time...when TWO were born the old ones were eaten...and the cycle continued.
So no queen ant needed?

Old 03-24-2016, 10:53 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Home schooling?

Old 03-24-2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
So no queen ant needed?
No...only 'magic'.

Old 03-24-2016, 11:22 AM

19,999 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Anteaters were vegan before the Flood. Only after the flood were they called anteaters. Dinosaurs were also vegetarian and helped with the chores around the house. They were domesticated. I have seen the documentaries on that.
And as my mother used to say: "They" wouldn't let them make a documentary if it weren't true.

Old 03-24-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
And as my mother used to say: "They" wouldn't let them make a documentary if it weren't true.
That's certainly a 'my mum' saying isn't it, like....'Don't leave your belt off, you'll catch a cold in your stomach.'

Old 03-24-2016, 11:48 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
And they were created by a premier documentary production company. I believe it was called Hanna-Barbera.

Old 03-24-2016, 11:56 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Ah yes! When you can't rationalise something, just invoke 'MAGIC'.
I'm assuming you're an atheist...right? Just a guess.

Can you tell me why it seems like atheists are so obsessed with magic? Why do you guys believe in that so much? You're always talking about it. Christians certainly don't believe in that nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality