Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 09:08 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,788,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Nor are they currently considered a group TO protect by any voting bloc that I'm aware of.
Not that us atheists form a big voting bloc, but I think between us and the secularists like American's United (who include religious folks as well) there are people who understand that it is just as important to protect the Church of Satan, the Luciferians, and other Left Hand Path religions as it is to protect the rights of Baptists and Catholics. Just not enough...

-NoCapo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 09:20 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times
Quote:
Nor are they currently considered a group TO protect by any voting bloc that I'm aware of.
Sorry. I already gave to the Pastafarians.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:27 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Sorry. I already gave to the Pastafarians.
R'amen.

Old 04-14-2016, 04:20 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
I'm wondering whether this might be moved to Paganism since I believe that Satanism is regarded more as a wiccan -type religion than a perversion of Catholicism as per literature and film.

I only read a few books about Crowley in the occult -interest days and he sacrificed a cat or two for purely ritual purposes. And maybe that's the distinction. Shoket and Halal -slaughter are done for the same reason we put chickens through the machine - to produce meat for eating. It is just to ensure that it is ritually clean. Crowley -type satanic sacrifice was killing an animal purely for ritual purposes and I think govt. would say that this is killing an animal for purposes in which govt.doesn't believe and would ban it, and I would support them in that.

Cue the abortion debate.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:21 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I'm wondering whether this might be moved to Paganism since I believe that Satanism is regarded more as a wiccan -type religion than a perversion of Catholicism as per literature and film.

I only read a few books about Crowley in the occult -interest days and he sacrificed a cat or two for purely ritual purposes. And maybe that's the distinction. Shoket and Halal -slaughter are done for the same reason we put chickens through the machine - to produce meat for eating. It is just to ensure that it is ritually clean. Crowley -type satanic sacrifice was killing an animal purely for ritual purposes and I think govt. would say that this is killing an animal for purposes in which govt.doesn't believe and would ban it, and I would support them in that.

Cue the abortion debate.
Bullfighting, on a lighter note.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:09 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Bullfighting, on a lighter note.
Or horseracing. The deaths of some horses that fall is often an issue. The hunting issue comes down to the divide between doing a necessary job to provide (or protect) meat stocks, or just for the pleasure of it, like bullfighting.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:17 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Why halal-slaugters should be allowed for the religious reasons but same done by satanists is a crime?

There where it is a crime of course...

I am not speaking for satanist and I am not a one but I don't understand hypocrite society which claims that it is total ok to cut throw from animal and let it bleed to death if religious matter but when satanist are doing that it is a crime..

Do you believe the meat-packing industry does it any less violently? Or the wild deer that gets killed by a coyote experiences any less pain and suffering?

Old 04-16-2016, 10:10 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
what do you think is done with the carcass of an animal sacrifice in most historical and modern "animal sacrifice" religions?

Halal is meant to get you in Allah's good side, by properly and ritualistically/methodically killing an animal in a way that is honorable to Allah by following some sort of guide that Allah left in order to assure some sort of contract (usually about promises of immortality in an afterlife).

Perhaps "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" applies here. ^^^

"stunning animals" usually involves hitting them in the head with a blunt object (perhaps while covering their eyes), having blood rush to their heads until they pass out perhaps by holding them upside-down, or exploding their brains with bullets of one sort or another. Drugs aren't used since they would "taint" the meat, I believe.

For Hallal, I think "stunning" would require refraining from using the bullet to the brain method. So either bashing them in blunt force or some other unknown and likely unfriendly way. Holding upside down probably only works with chickens (although often their neck is cracked while they are upside-down).
Halal is not a Sacrifice.We do not offer any living creature as as a sacrifice to Allah. The purpose of Halal is that is the method Allaah(swt) has revealed for the purpose of providing safe meat. There are several reasons why most forms of stunning are not permitted. The main one being because it often puts needless stress upon the animal and there is no indication it serves any benefit. Also it can cause the heart to stop beating which will result in blood remaining in the body ruining the meat. When done properly .the animal is brain-dead almost immediately and the only brain activity is the brain stem which controls the autonomic nervous system, such as heart beat but has no pain receptors of consciousness. (very often commercial slaughter-house halal is not halal) many Muslims including myself will not eat "Halal meat from a chain grocery store for that reason. Germany is the only country I know of that actually did an in-depth study of the brain activity in 1978 The Halal Slaughter Controvesy

However, a new form of stunning developed in New Zealand seems to be able to do so and still retain sufficient heart activity to keep t meat halal(edible) Many Muslims in New Zeeland have found thit to be acceptable.

Contrary to popular belief Halal slaughter need not be done by a Muslim, it can be done by any adherent of one of the Abrahamic faiths (Jew, Sabeean, Christian or Muslim) provided they follow the proper procedure. Jewish Kosher Meat is also Halal for Muslims.

The words to be said during the slaughter are Bismillallah ir Rahman ir Rahemm (in the name of God, the provider, the most merciful) or even just a simple Bismillallahi (In the name of God) it can be said in the person's native Language, (The prayer said by a Jewish Rabbi is also acceptable)but if a Muslim is doing the slaughter it must be said in Arabic

Old 04-16-2016, 11:52 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Halal is not a Sacrifice.We do not offer any living creature as as a sacrifice to Allah. The purpose of Halal is that is the method Allaah(swt) has revealed for the purpose of providing safe meat. There are several reasons why most forms of stunning are not permitted. The main one being because it often puts needless stress upon the animal and there is no indication it serves any benefit. Also it can cause the heart to stop beating which will result in blood remaining in the body ruining the meat. When done properly .the animal is brain-dead almost immediately and the only brain activity is the brain stem which controls the autonomic nervous system, such as heart beat but has no pain receptors of consciousness. (very often commercial slaughter-house halal is not halal) many Muslims including myself will not eat "Halal meat from a chain grocery store for that reason. Germany is the only country I know of that actually did an in-depth study of the brain activity in 1978 The Halal Slaughter Controvesy

However, a new form of stunning developed in New Zealand seems to be able to do so and still retain sufficient heart activity to keep t meat halal(edible) Many Muslims in New Zeeland have found thit to be acceptable.

Contrary to popular belief Halal slaughter need not be done by a Muslim, it can be done by any adherent of one of the Abrahamic faiths (Jew, Sabeean, Christian or Muslim) provided they follow the proper procedure. Jewish Kosher Meat is also Halal for Muslims.

The words to be said during the slaughter are Bismillallah ir Rahman ir Rahemm (in the name of God, the provider, the most merciful) or even just a simple Bismillallahi (In the name of God) it can be said in the person's native Language, (The prayer said by a Jewish Rabbi is also acceptable)but if a Muslim is doing the slaughter it must be said in Arabic
I would say, the OP and many other critics of Halal method are either not even aware of, or will come up with all different kinds of justifications as to what happens with Dolphins and Whales in Faroe Island, Denmark.

Old 04-17-2016, 10:55 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Where I used to live people would occasionally find decapitated chickens, or maybe just the heads, I forget, in the wooded area near our reservoir. We were next to a city in which a lot of Caribbean immigrants lived and it was probably part of a voudon or santeria ritual.

I don't think satanists cut off animal heads except in bad movies, as someone said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality