Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 04:58 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
We all realize the RCC has some issues. Yes--we all know that kids have been hurt by priests. Yes, it's an outrage.

But it's hardly news. You seem to have a particular hatred of Christianity in general and I'm just used to you posting daily attacks against it. The fact that you went back to an article 6 months old demonstrates that it's more about you just wanting to attack than anything else.
Not just Catholics....Every denomination has pedophilia issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2016, 05:20 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Not just Catholics....Every denomination has pedophilia issues.
Agreed. Along with schools, sports leagues, etc...

It's for that reason that we have a "safe place" policy which requires at least 2 adults be present with kids. I think every organization should do the same--within reason. Obviously that may not work in a school setting to have multiple teachers in a room.

Old 04-15-2016, 05:40 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
That, I was not aware of. I was under the impression he was digging up old news because he just likes to attack Christianity.

I agree---if any person touched one of my kids they would likely be locking me up shortly thereafter. Yes--we need to protect our kids.
You have to stop looking at the messenger, and instead, look at the message.

I don't invent this stuff, and if it is tough to look at, then maybe things need to change so we don't have the environment that excuses or minimizes these instances.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:07 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
That, I was not aware of. I was under the impression he was digging up old news because he just likes to attack Christianity.

I agree---if any person touched one of my kids they would likely be locking me up shortly thereafter. Yes--we need to protect our kids.
I give Visio credit for manning up to his error. We all make mistakes.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:34 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:

It's for that reason that we have a "safe place" policy which requires at least 2 adults be present with kids. I think every organization should do the same--within reason. Obviously that may not work in a school setting to have multiple teachers in a room.
Don't you think that it is easier for predators inside of a religious community to groom and hunt victims though. I know with the Catholics they knowingly placed children at risk by moving these pedos so that they could get a fresh start in a new community. Priests are usually given extra reverence because they are men of God. It's almost like God sanctioned abuse and the other priests stood by and allowed it to go on. Knowingly allowed it...men of God...think about that.

In the group I was in members are considered "spiritual brothers and sisters". They only trust each other because everyone else is part of the world. A predator inside that organization would be given complete trust from the rest of the people. It is stated the God himself chooses the Elders by means of holy spirit. It would be unthinkable that God would anoint a pedo. Yet he does and when one of them finally gets caught they try to keep it quite too. No police and if the man doesn't confess (the victim is usually made to face the pedo and recount the story in front of a panel of men) it is "left in Jehovah's hands". If the accusation isn't widely known then he remains an elder.

So yeah, other predators find ways to get victims like being a coach. Since you are a believer it baffles me why you are so dismissive of someone using God to molest children. I would think that would tick off a believer in God more.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:42 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,239 times
Soul stealing cult

Old 04-16-2016, 01:34 AM

6,795 posts, read 2,905,915 times
I can only speak for myself and do so. I'm a 'survivor' of various forms of abuse from many years ago when I was institutionalized (ward of the state) between age 6-12. This is documented. I learned long ago not to wallow in self-pity, not to let someone tell me how 'scarred' I should be, that I should be encouraged to get back at those who wronged me, but rather to get on with my life.

And, I did.

But that's just me.

Old 04-16-2016, 02:05 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Don't you think that it is easier for predators inside of a religious community to groom and hunt victims though. I know with the Catholics they knowingly placed children at risk by moving these pedos so that they could get a fresh start in a new community. Priests are usually given extra reverence because they are men of God. It's almost like God sanctioned abuse and the other priests stood by and allowed it to go on. Knowingly allowed it...men of God...think about that.
In the group I was in members are considered "spiritual brothers and sisters". They only trust each other because everyone else is part of the world. A predator inside that organization would be given complete trust from the rest of the people. It is stated the God himself chooses the Elders by means of holy spirit. It would be unthinkable that God would anoint a pedo. Yet he does and when one of them finally gets caught they try to keep it quite too. No police and if the man doesn't confess (the victim is usually made to face the pedo and recount the story in front of a panel of men) it is "left in Jehovah's hands". If the accusation isn't widely known then he remains an elder.
So yeah, other predators find ways to get victims like being a coach. Since you are a believer it baffles me why you are so dismissive of someone using God to molest children. I would think that would tick off a believer in God more.
No easier than a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, cousin, neighbor, teacher, coach, bus driver, etc. etc. etc

Old 04-16-2016, 03:00 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
All teachers and all youth group clubs and religious groups alone with children and activities leaders and homosexual who have a high rate of sexual abuse alone with children should be yearly bonded by the government commission , as it may not stop the abuse and these Court cases , but it will it give those a heed as the bonding audit will be there next year

Old 04-16-2016, 04:58 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:

Of course. I don't doubt that a large organized atheist support group would have its paedophiles. I would hope, though, that there would not be an organized cover -up to save face. The catholic church has been showing signs of cover -up from the time the lid blew off and it is still doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
No easier than a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, cousin, neighbor, teacher, coach, bus driver, etc. etc. etc
More or less - it depends on the amount of control they have over the children and indeed the parents. religion is perfect for that and also in the seductions of wives - another cover up by the catholic church. The point is that, as religious organizations, claiming all sorts of moral high ground, this sort of scandal does their credibility no good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality