Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 03:16 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times

Advertisements

I thought thinks were going down the right path with the pedophilia scandal of the Catholic church, and especially with Pope Francis apparently concerned about it.

Well, guess what?

The Catholic Church is fighting to block bills that would extend the statute of limitations for reporting sex abuse.

The Catholic Church is fighting to block bills that would extend the statute of limitations for reporting sex abuse - Business Insider

Angry. This makes me truly angry. Yes, this article is from 6 months ago, but I could not find anything that says it has backed off from this.

Disgusting that a supposed organization that purports to do good, covers up its true sins against humanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2016, 03:19 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I thought thinks were going down the right path with the pedophilia scandal of the Catholic church, and especially with Pope Francis apparently concerned about it.

Well, guess what?

The Catholic Church is fighting to block bills that would extend the statute of limitations for reporting sex abuse.

The Catholic Church is fighting to block bills that would extend the statute of limitations for reporting sex abuse - Business Insider

Angry. This makes me truly angry. Yes, this article is from 6 months ago, but I could not find anything that says it has backed off from this.

Disgusting that a supposed organization that purports to do good, covers up its true sins against humanity.
Slow news day? Your daily attacks against religion have to be from articles that are 6 months old? You're slipping, dude

Old 04-15-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Slow news day? Your daily attacks against religion have to be from articles that are 6 months old? You're slipping, dude
Just crossed my feed. Don't worry, I'm sure a fundie defalcation eruption is just around the corner.

On the other hand, you are not outraged by this? Really?

Old 04-15-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Just crossed my feed. Don't worry, I'm sure a fundie defalcation eruption is just around the corner.

On the other hand, you are not outraged by this? Really?
We all realize the RCC has some issues. Yes--we all know that kids have been hurt by priests. Yes, it's an outrage.

But it's hardly news. You seem to have a particular hatred of Christianity in general and I'm just used to you posting daily attacks against it. The fact that you went back to an article 6 months old demonstrates that it's more about you just wanting to attack than anything else.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
We all realize the RCC has some issues. Yes--we all know that kids have been hurt by priests. Yes, it's an outrage.

But it's hardly news. You seem to have a particular hatred of Christianity in general and I'm just used to you posting daily attacks against it. The fact that you went back to an article 6 months old demonstrates that it's more about you just wanting to attack than anything else.
The news is that they are opposing the changing of the statute of limitations. How can any religious body that purports to be about good do that? Can YOU answer why?

Old 04-15-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
The news is that they are opposing the changing of the statute of limitations. How can any religious body that purports to be about good do that? Can YOU answer why?
Perhaps you ought to call the local archdiocese and ask them if you want to know.

Old 04-15-2016, 04:12 PM

11,029 posts, read 5,991,147 times
Quote:

Well, guess what?

Should this surprise us? Are not the priests celibate? Is celibacy not just another form of sexual deviancy?

Old 04-15-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you ought to call the local archdiocese and ask them if you want to know.
In Canada, this would not even be an issue. There is no statute of limitations on those crimes.

Old 04-15-2016, 04:51 PM

33,553 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Vizio, you need to catch up.....It's in the news NOW....Here is why.

April 12 2016.....Last-minute attempts to postpone and stop a bill that would extend the statute of limitations for child sex-abuse cases failed Tuesday in the House.

The bill would eliminate a legal time limit on when child abusers can be prosecuted for future crimes, and would give victims of past abuse more time to file civil lawsuits against their abusers and any employers who might have enabled the abuse.

The measure now moves to the Senate, where it is expected to face intense opposition from Catholic-based and insurance-related lobbying groups.

PA House votes to toughen criminal and civil penalties for child sex abuse laws - The Morning Call

Old 04-15-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Vizio, you need to catch up.....It's in the news NOW....Here is why.

April 12 2016.....Last-minute attempts to postpone and stop a bill that would extend the statute of limitations for child sex-abuse cases failed Tuesday in the House.

The bill would eliminate a legal time limit on when child abusers can be prosecuted for future crimes, and would give victims of past abuse more time to file civil lawsuits against their abusers and any employers who might have enabled the abuse.

The measure now moves to the Senate, where it is expected to face intense opposition from Catholic-based and insurance-related lobbying groups.

PA House votes to toughen criminal and civil penalties for child sex abuse laws - The Morning Call
That, I was not aware of. I was under the impression he was digging up old news because he just likes to attack Christianity.

I agree---if any person touched one of my kids they would likely be locking me up shortly thereafter. Yes--we need to protect our kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality