Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2016, 01:52 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
How sad to know that your level of forgiveness is condition based. Thankfully I serve a God who offers us a new chance no matter how far we fall off the radar of morality. What is so horrible about judging people by what they currently do versus actions in the past? I also don't judge people without knowing all the facts. You read a sensationalist news piece and act like you already know the guy enough to condemn him. For all you know, the guy might have been doped out of his mind 20 years ago when he did this act. Not saying that excuses the act, but it certainly would lead away from the notion that he is just pure evil beyond hope.

This thread was nothing more than a trap. If you don't join in Christian bashing, suddenly you are painted as a defender of sexual predator. I don't defend sexual predators. I don't defend rapists or child molestors because you know, they have to be ACTIVELY DOING it to be one. You have no proof that this guy did not change. If he is harming people presently, I'm all for locking him up and throwing away the key.
Wonderful that the guy is Christian. Let the Christian god forgive him then.

Society has no reason to. His debt that was paid was his incarceration, but that does not give him a free pass to forget. He's no longer incarcerated, and if he keeps his nose clean, he won't be. But what he did does not go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I always love the irony of people that think that we should be able to do what just feels right or whatever seems good in our own minds lecturing ANYONE on morality (even other atheists). No one is suggesting that a woman is to blame for being raped, or any of that nonsense...but really? It's irony when people that have no basis for morality other than a personal opinion then try to tell others what is moral and what isn't.
Vizio, yes that POS pastor did in his own words imply that the 13 year old was just as much as fault as the POS minister he hired.

I have nothing but contempt for both of them, and no one with any morals should even suggest being supportive of them.

Old 04-20-2016, 01:58 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,731,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Wonderful that the guy is Christian. Let the Christian god forgive him then.

Society has no reason to. His debt that was paid was his incarceration, but that does not give him a free pass to forget. He's no longer incarcerated, and if he keeps his nose clean, he won't be. But what he did does not go away.
And harboring hatred against the guy won't undo the past. It won't help the victim either.

Old 04-20-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Vizio, yes that POS pastor did in his own words imply that the 13 year old was just as much as fault as the POS minister he hired.

I have nothing but contempt for both of them, and no one with any morals should even suggest being supportive of them.
Oh you mean the chopped up words by the media? Well you could make anyone say anything with that method.

Old 04-20-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
At least he has a basis.
Why would anything you could come up with be objectively better or worse?
That's easy, and you seen it before. Here, to refresh your memory:

Old 04-20-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Oh you mean the chopped up words by the media? Well you could make anyone say anything with that method.
Jeff, no, not chopped up at all. His words, all of them, in context. You play the persecution card way too much.
Real Christian persecution looks something like what I posted here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...man-caned.html

Old 04-20-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Jeff, no, not chopped up at all. His words, all of them, in context. You play the persecution card way too much.
Real Christian persecution looks something like what I posted here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...man-caned.html
We don't have the full audio of the interview. Only sound bites. Your threads and the report is nothing more than a witch hunt to make Christians look bad when in reality all we have here is a former criminal who shows every sign of being reformed and a pastor who may or may not have said some really dumb things and handled a difficult situation poorly. You act like people are currently being raped in this church.

Maybe it's time we turn the tables and start looking at the actions of atheists. People like Alfred Kinsey who raped children all in the name of science. Or horrific medical experiments that the Nazis did on children. I shudder to think what a secular humanist society would do all in the name of science.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Kinsey

Old 04-20-2016, 02:28 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,434,155 times
Quote:
And harboring hatred against the guy won't undo the past. It won't help the victim either.
As a victim of rape myself I have to wonder what exactly you think giving this guy a pass does for HIS victims.

Hint: Blaming a 13 year old victim for playing some role in her rape, as the pastor in the OP did, does not help her. Giving any rapist a pass because he's repented DOES NOT help the victim.

Old 04-20-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
We don't have the full audio of the interview. Only sound bites. Your threads and the report is nothing more than a witch hunt to make Christians look bad when in reality all we have here is a former criminal who shows every sign of being reformed and a pastor who may or may not have said some really dumb things and handled a difficult situation poorly. You act like people are currently being raped in this church.

Maybe it's time we turn the tables and start looking at the actions of atheists. People like Alfred Kinsey who raped children all in the name of science.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Kinsey
The word 'rape' does not appear once in your link. The word 'children' 7 times. Please cite where you are getting this information from, or is it one again Jeff seeing things that are not there? Show us directly. Kinsey was controversial, but never has your accusation been leveled.

Show us, or once again tell us you made a mistake, linking to something you didn't read. Go ahead, Jeff, be a man.

Quote:
Or horrific medical experiments that the Nazis did on children. I shudder to think what a secular humanist society would do all in the name of science.
We all know the perversions some Nazis did. Most who claimed to be Christian by the way. Hitler was Catholic, and guess what the belt buckles of the German Armed Forces said?

Do I need to translate "Gott mit uns"? Hint: It's remarkably similar to the "In God We Trust" thingy on American money. And police cars.

Old 04-20-2016, 02:36 PM

467 posts, read 352,729 times
Quote:
So people CAN NOT change in your world? Do you even have a shred of evidence that this guy is currently a rapist? After all, that's what you are saying he is CURRENTLY. No one is defending the guy's sinful act. It's despicable, but unless you have prove that the guy is still doing the acts, you are cold and unforgiving. I've seen harden criminals get out of prison and become loving faithful Christians. People can change through Christ.
Thank you for defending the original poster. Based on a quick reading of the first few words of the title of the thread, I was inclined to question his view that people [of any worth IMO] looked down upon Christians. However, I look down upon you. I have very little interest in what you theorize, based on NO evidence, he might have changed to. Rather, I would criticize the government and any individual who would give us the opportunity to find out. You people are a CAUSE of crimes like his.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality