Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 08:28 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So people CAN NOT change in your world? Do you even have a shred of evidence that this guy is currently a rapist? After all, that's what you are saying he is CURRENTLY. No one is defending the guy's sinful act. It's despicable, but unless you have prove that the guy is still doing the acts, you are cold and unforgiving. I've seen harden criminals get out of prison and become loving faithful Christians. People can change through Christ.
Is this a case of doing the rape and begging/praying for forgiveness afterwards Jeff?

Will god punish or forgive his rapes?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 09:16 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
So people CAN NOT change in your world? Do you even have a shred of evidence that this guy is currently a rapist? After all, that's what you are saying he is CURRENTLY. No one is defending the guy's sinful act. It's despicable, but unless you have prove that the guy is still doing the acts, you are cold and unforgiving. I've seen harden criminals get out of prison and become loving faithful Christians. People can change through Christ.
when I was 10 or so, there was a 5 year-old boy who was attacked amd viciously sliced and diced by some tool of satan high on meth.

In high school, I got to know the family very well...

After 6 years into a LIFE sentence, the guy "found" Jesus and repented of his evil. He was 19 when he murdered the child.

The piece of crap spent the last 40 years of his life trying to get paroled or pardoned or out of prison.

Even sending letters through his FREE LAWYER to the family asking for their blessing to be set free..

THANK GOD the moron DIED in prison, a SAD LONELY MAN with NO ONE to give a crap about his death--he died quietly in a 4 x 4 prison cell of cancer, too many years after the 5 year-old's life was ripped from him.

So forgiveness? The only forgiveness I would have granted that scum was PULLING THE LEVER on what ever machine would have caused him the most intense suffering and PAIN I could have possibly imposed on that total waste of human flesh.

I firmly believe--YOU F*^$# with a CHILD, ain't no such thing as TOO MUCH PAIN or INHUMANE TREATMENT....

Old 04-20-2016, 09:20 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I feel like if he had been upfront about his past crimes from the get-go (ie. take personal accountability, at risk of being judged and shunned), that speaks more of being a changed man than simply serving the time he was ordered to serve. For a crime as serious as rape, I don't believe in the old "He payed his debt to society" for two reasons:

1. One can serve his sentence and not regret the crime one bit
2. For the victim, rape is never truly in the past. The rapist can serve time and expect to be treated like it's something they did in the past... but the victim does not have that luxury.

Of course, having been on the receiving end of rape, I'm unapologetically biased. I don't care if my rapist ever "gets right with the lord" and "is a changed man"; to me he will always be a rapist and screw anyone who tries to downplay it as part of his past.
Well said, Ms. I have tried to explain that to the people defending this guy, but it seems to go right over their head. I personally have not been on the receiving end of rape, but my wife was. My wife and I, much like yourself, believe "once a rapist, always a rapist". Once you do something like that, you will be (and should be) forever marked and tainted by it.

The fact that this guy has repeatedly done these things after serving sentences, just goes to prove that he does not regret the crimes, and will most likely do so again. Had this indeed been one incident from the 90's that happened while the guy was high on PCP or something, then maybe I would think differently. Fact is, it was not just one time.

There are several people on this thread who has made it clear that they have more concern over how a convicted (multiple times) rapist is treated, than empathy for those he has hurt. They say this simply because he now claims their religion of choice. They defend this pastor for no reason other than him being a pastor for their religion of choice. To me, that is absurd, and quite sickening.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
when I was 10 or so, there was a 5 year-old boy who was attacked amd viciously sliced and diced by some tool of satan high on meth.

After 6 years into a LIFE sentence, the guy "found" Jesus and repented of his evil. He was 19 when he murdered the child.

The piece of crap spent the last 40 years of his life trying to get paroled or pardoned or out of prison.

Even sending letters through his FREE LAWYER to the family asking for their blessing to be set free..

THANK GOD the moron DIED in prison, a SAD LONELY MAN with NO ONE to give a crap about his death--he died quietly in a 4 x 4 prison cell of cancer, too many years after the 5 year-old's life was ripped from him.

So forgiveness? The only forgiveness I would have granted that scum was PULLING THE LEVER on what ever machine would have caused him the most intense suffering and PAIN I could have possibly imposed on that total waste of human flesh.

I firmly believe--YOU F*^$# with a CHILD, ain't no such thing as TOO MUCH PAIN or INHUMANE TREATMENT....

Started to object to such strong words, then realized I agree....

Old 04-20-2016, 09:27 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Just look at the bold for a moment, Jeff. This was not the only rape he committed. He has committed MULTIPLE rapes/assaults, spanning 2 different decades. You act as if he was only convicted of 1. There could even be others that we don't know about, that he didn't get caught for.

The point is, this guy has shown he is incapable of stopping, at least up to this point. Until he can prove otherwise, he shouldn't be given trust.

I can't find any proof that he committed multiple rapes. All I keep reading is "criminal activities" in the 2000s. If you think the man is a threat to society then your beef should be with the justice system for letting him out. Otherwise, all you doing is the same thing you preach against. Discrimination. He paid his debt and is no longer a criminal according to the law. He has every right to be hired and not be outcast from society permanently for a past heinous sin.

This really is one of the most glaring cases of liberal media attacks on a Christian church. One article even labeled the pastor as pro-rape and that the church will be destroyed. So now the pastor supports rape?

Old 04-20-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
I can't find any proof that he committed multiple rapes. All I keep reading is "criminal activities" in the 2000s. If you think the man is a threat to society then your beef should be with the justice system for letting him out. Otherwise, all you doing is the same thing you preach against. Discrimination. He paid his debt and is no longer a criminal according to the law. He has every right to be hired and not be outcast from society permanently for a past heinous sin.

Ok, Jeff, let's take the "multiple" rapes out of it. To be honest, I don't care if it were 1 or 100 rapes. This guy raped and sodomized a 13 year old girl at knifepoint. You seem to think as the pastor does, that this is no worse than someone stealing candy. Someone who could do that, in my opinion, can never be trusted. I don't care if it is 1 year, or 100 years after the incident. Forgiven? Not my place to forgive him. why don't you ask the girl he raped and sodomized how she feels about it? Oh, that's right, you don't give a rat's behind about the girl.

Quote:
This really is one of the most glaring cases of liberal media attacks on a Christian church. One article even labeled the pastor as pro-rape and that the church will be destroyed. So now the pastor supports rape?
The guy said what he said, Jeff. If people, religiously affiliated or not, didn't say stupid stuff, they wouldn't end up in the "evil liberal media". For the record, I have never said that the pastor is pro-rape. The pastor should have told his congregation that he hired someone who had raped and sodomized a 13 year old girl at knifepoint. The pastor should NOT have tried to downplay rape by saying it takes two to tango. That was a stupid remark, and one that anyone with an IQ over room temp would never have said.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:09 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Quote:

Started to object to such strong words, then realized I agree....
Unless they are still developing in the womb (the exact same child that will exist after being born, just bigger and more developed then) of the Mother.
Then you can suck them up like trash in a vacuum cleaner, burn them to a crisp with saline, cut them to pieces, or any other way that is seen fit to execute them.
"The Law" in the U.S. even sanctions this. So do many of the people that claim hurting children is unforgivable and deserving of any pain imaginable.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:14 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
I always love the irony of people that think that we should be able to do what just feels right or whatever seems good in our own minds lecturing ANYONE on morality (even other atheists). No one is suggesting that a woman is to blame for being raped, or any of that nonsense...but really? It's irony when people that have no basis for morality other than a personal opinion then try to tell others what is moral and what isn't.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I always love the irony of people that think that we should be able to do what just feels right or whatever seems good in our own minds lecturing ANYONE on morality (even other atheists). No one is suggesting that a woman is to blame for being raped, or any of that nonsense...but really? It's irony when people that have no basis for morality other than a personal opinion then try to tell others what is moral and what isn't.
It's irony when people that have no basis for morality other than a book written by primitive men that has more flaws than not, try to tell others what is moral and what isn't.

There are a whole lot of Christian men who seem to think the women are, at the very least, partly to blame for being raped. I could pull up a few stories if you haven't seen any? Hell, your own Bible says to stone women who gets raped if they didn't scream loud enough.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:00 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
It's irony when people that have no basis for morality other than a book written by primitive men that has more flaws than not, try to tell others what is moral and what isn't.

There are a whole lot of Christian men who seem to think the women are, at the very least, partly to blame for being raped. I could pull up a few stories if you haven't seen any? Hell, your own Bible says to stone women who gets raped if they didn't scream loud enough.
At least he has a basis.
Why would anything you could come up with be objectively better or worse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality