Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 11:38 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'll point out again, the article did not say which "Lord". The OP has a bias against Christianity and he let it show here.

OK? We honestly don't know what took place in their conversation.

He's a scumbag because he chose not to do business with a Bernie Sanders supporter after he had been treated poorly by Bernie Sanders supporters?

Should I go find a new story about Bernie Sanders supporters mistreating people and label them all horrible people?

Not being there I can only take the word of the tow truck driver who never claimed that he had bad words with the lady, simply once he saw the bumper sticker he decided not to help her. I do not know why you so often bring in something other than the story in order to deflect from the story. I would think that if there were words between the lady and the driver than made him decide not to tow her he would have said so in the interview.

If you had poor dealings with a black person would you refuse to let them into your church? I doubt it and this is no better. If you go find a story about a Bernie Sanders supporter mistreating people and labelling them all as horrible people you would be no better of a person than the tow truck driver? I am not even sure why you are bringing it up. I stated that the guy acted like a scumbag. I never once said that all Trump supporters were also scumbags. If I was a tow truck driver and a person needing a tow had Trump bumper stickers on his vehicle I would give him or her a tow because I would be doing my job as a tow truck driver. I fail to see the equivalency thought that because I think this man is a scumbag and happens to be a Trump supporter that you could find a Sanders supporter who is a scumbag as well and apply it to all Sander supporters.

I think you are trying to deflect away from the deeds of this tow truck driver because he is a conservative Christian even though I do not think either of those had a part to play in the story, what he did is on him.

Can you defend what he did? A yes or no would be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 11:39 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
Thank you. That was not in the original story posted. But the OP did make an assumption it was a Christian and was besmirching all Christians for it.

Do you believe that all Christians would do as this man did?
It is another example of a Christian merchant refusing to do his job, just because the customer doesn't share the same point of view. Sound familiar? In the article the truck states he is a conservative Christian. Do you think he would stop to help someone with a rainbow bumper sticker on his bumper? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b096e9f090403f

Old 05-06-2016, 11:48 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
It is another example of a Christian merchant refusing to do his job, just because the customer doesn't share the same point of view. Sound familiar? In the article the truck states he is a conservative Christian. Do you think he would stop to help someone with a rainbow bumper sticker on his bumper? Tow Truck Driver Leaves Woman With Disabilities On Side Of Highway Because She Supports Bernie Sanders
Actually, it was the case of a merchant (Christian or not) that had been hurt by people of the same philosophy as her and he didn't want to be hurt again. But you, like the OP are just looking for a reason to bash Christianity.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Not being there I can only take the word of the tow truck driver who never claimed that he had bad words with the lady, simply once he saw the bumper sticker he decided not to help her. I do not know why you so often bring in something other than the story in order to deflect from the story. I would think that if there were words between the lady and the driver than made him decide not to tow her he would have said so in the interview.

If you had poor dealings with a black person would you refuse to let them into your church? I doubt it and this is no better. If you go find a story about a Bernie Sanders supporter mistreating people and labelling them all as horrible people you would be no better of a person than the tow truck driver? I am not even sure why you are bringing it up. I stated that the guy acted like a scumbag. I never once said that all Trump supporters were also scumbags. If I was a tow truck driver and a person needing a tow had Trump bumper stickers on his vehicle I would give him or her a tow because I would be doing my job as a tow truck driver. I fail to see the equivalency thought that because I think this man is a scumbag and happens to be a Trump supporter that you could find a Sanders supporter who is a scumbag as well and apply it to all Sander supporters.

I think you are trying to deflect away from the deeds of this tow truck driver because he is a conservative Christian even though I do not think either of those had a part to play in the story, what he did is on him.
Like you, I know very little about the man's faith. He says God talked to him. I find that hard to believe. I question that. I don't believe God spoke to him. I believe he was a little off-put by her political stance and I think there was probably something said between them that caused him to not want her business.
Quote:
Can you defend what he did? A yes or no would be fine.
Yes. He has a right to refuse to serve someone if he didn't think he would be paid.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:54 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
Quote:
Actually, it was the case of a merchant (Christian or not) that had been hurt by people of the same philosophy as her and he didn't want to be hurt again. But you, like the OP are just looking for a reason to bash Christianity.
The problem is he maintains that the Christian God warned him not to help her; his religion was irrelevant until he made it so. Jesus is probably face-palming over this knob right now (and probably those who continue to defend the indefensible).

Old 05-06-2016, 11:56 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Like you, I know very little about the man's faith. He says God talked to him. I find that hard to believe. I question that. I don't believe God spoke to him. I believe he was a little off-put by her political stance and I think there was probably something said between them that caused him to not want her business.

Yes. He has a right to refuse to serve someone if he didn't think he would be paid.

A new low, Vizio. Hope your sermon on Sunday will be uplifting, because you're attempting to justify the unjustifiable. Not cool.

And you wonder why Christians get bashed?

Not cool at all.

P.S. He could have asked for cash up front. You know and I know the excuse is a huge pile of bovine scat.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:

His words were when he saw the bumper sticker. I can only go on his own words, if you think that she must of said something fine, but that is sort of putting the fault on to the woman without any indication that she actually did say anything that he disagreed with.

So if some black or a couple of them did not pay their bill you would be OK with the company refusing all blacks? Or women?

I am sure what he did was legal but I sure don't put him down as a moral person. If he was concerned about payment he could have simply asked for payment up front or at least a deposit.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
[/b]

A new low, Vizio. Hope your sermon on Sunday will be uplifting, because you're attempting to justify the unjustifiable. Not cool.

And you wonder why Christians get bashed?

Not cool at all.

P.S. He could have asked for cash up front. You know and I know the excuse is a huge pile of bovine scat.
Whatever man. Honestly? I can't say that anything I say would be acceptable to you and others on this board.

Do you think that this is a ministry? Is he not allowed to expect to get paid? Is he ONLY allowed to do charitable work?

What if you go into work tomorrow and the boss tells you your next paycheck won't be coming? Would you still do your job?

Old 05-06-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
The problem is he maintains that the Christian God warned him not to help her; his religion was irrelevant until he made it so. Jesus is probably face-palming over this knob right now (and probably those who continue to defend the indefensible).
And I am saying that is complete nonsense. Did you see that?

Old 05-06-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Whatever man. Honestly? I can't say that anything I say would be acceptable to you and others on this board.

Do you think that this is a ministry? Is he not allowed to expect to get paid? Is he ONLY allowed to do charitable work?

What if you go into work tomorrow and the boss tells you your next paycheck won't be coming? Would you still do your job?

So the only piece of this entire story that you accept in the story is that he had not been paid in the past by a Sanders supporter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality