Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 10:55 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Thank you. That was not in the original story posted. But the OP did make an assumption it was a Christian and was besmirching all Christians for it.

Do you believe that all Christians would do as this man did?
Well, he did say, "I think the Lord came to me, and he just said get in the truck and leave,...". He listened apparently just like Abraham listened when he was told to kill his son.

I'm glad I don't get strange voices in my head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Actually...it is ASSUMED it was stupid. We really don't KNOW what took place. We just know a tow truck driver decided he didn't want to do business with someone based on their political stance, and the fact that he had previously been hurt financially by others of the same political stance. That's it. There was NO indication he knew she was disabled, or that he left her on a deserted road at midnight or anything like that. He simply did not want to do business with someone.

YOU and others have assumed that his Christian faith motivated him to abandon some poor disabled woman on the side of the road and that he apparently had malevolent intentions.
No assumptions.

Tow truck driver SAID, "I think the Lord came to me, and he just said get in the truck and leave,...".

Old 05-06-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Do you believe God told him that? Or that he maybe just had a bad taco for lunch?
What bad lunch did Abraham have? Or Saul? Or Moses? And how do you know?

At least we have tow truck drivers own words, not some wandering goat herder's campfire stories.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:03 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Have you looked at the title of the thread? It clearly states "Christian Tow Truck Driver..."

He assumed it was. Despite the article not mentioning his religion.

I honestly don't know what took place that he apparently felt disrespected by the woman. I don't believe I'd have left her there myself, but Christians are normal people, just like everyone else. Sometimes we let things get to us.

Again...we don't really know what his faith is about, do we?

The truck driver said he was following his Lord hence the religion referenced.

He was not disrespected by the woman, the article clearly states that he was find until he went to the back of the car and say the Bernie Sanders sticker and that is what he reacted to.

I would not have started the thread as I see no real connection to religion in the story other than the driver stated in an interview that he was a conservative Christian. And I saw no connection to the atheists being mean to Christian thread that was a month or more ago as there was never any suggestion in the video that Jeff posted that the man was an atheists or not.

I think the one difference between some Christians and most atheists on this forum is that the former wishes to dismiss the bad actions of other Christians as they were really not Christians whereas atheists will admit that one can certainly be an atheists and a scumbag.

I agree with you that Christians are normal people if by normal you mean no different from anyone else. Christians and atheists can range anywhere from great to terrible human beings and I am of the opinion that you cannot tell the character or morality of a person based on their religion or lack of religion.

The truck driver is a scumbag who acted mostly on his political view and being a Christian is no more important then being white or tall or being left handed in this story if any of those are true. But as I stated above in another article he claims to be a conservative Christian so I will take his word on it. If I was ever in that part of the country and needed a tow I would not choose his company.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:08 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
The truck driver said he was following his Lord hence the religion referenced.
I'll point out again, the article did not say which "Lord". The OP has a bias against Christianity and he let it show here.
Quote:
He was not disrespected by the woman, the article clearly states that he was find until he went to the back of the car and say the Bernie Sanders sticker and that is what he reacted to.

OK? We honestly don't know what took place in their conversation.
Quote:
I would not have started the thread as I see no real connection to religion in the story other than the driver stated in an interview that he was a conservative Christian. And I saw no connection to the atheists being mean to Christian thread that was a month or more ago as there was never any suggestion in the video that Jeff posted that the man was an atheists or not.

I think the one difference between some Christians and most atheists on this forum is that the former wishes to dismiss the bad actions of other Christians as they were really not Christians whereas atheists will admit that one can certainly be an atheists and a scumbag.

I agree with you that Christians are normal people if by normal you mean no different from anyone else. Christians and atheists can range anywhere from great to terrible human beings and I am of the opinion that you cannot tell the character or morality of a person based on their religion or lack of religion.

The truck driver is a scumbag who acted mostly on his political view and being a Christian is no more important then being white or tall or being left handed in this story if any of those are true. But as I stated above in another article he claims to be a conservative Christian so I will take his word on it. If I was ever in that part of the country and needed a tow I would not choose his company.
He's a scumbag because he chose not to do business with a Bernie Sanders supporter after he had been treated poorly by Bernie Sanders supporters?

Should I go find a new story about Bernie Sanders supporters mistreating people and label them all horrible people?

Old 05-06-2016, 11:10 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
No assumptions.

Tow truck driver SAID, "I think the Lord came to me, and he just said get in the truck and leave,...".
where did it say what "Lord"? You made an assumption. Your bias is obvious. You have a habit of attacking Christianity -- and religion in general. You also ripped into him for abandoning a disabled woman when the article clearly stated he did not know she was disabled.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:26 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
So God is talking to a tow truck driver and God warned him not to tow a Bernie supporter.

Tow truck guy makes his living towing people who have been in horrible wrecks. But God doesn't warn him about potential deadly wrecks. God doesn't use him as a conduit for traffic safety. God tells him not to tow the Bernie supporters.

Uh, huh.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:26 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
Thank you. That was not in the original story posted. But the OP did make an assumption it was a Christian and was besmirching all Christians for it.

Do you believe that all Christians would do as this man did?
Nope. He represents an extra special kind of ***hole, who twists Christianity to justify doing the wrong thing... and is ballsy enough to admit it. I like to believe he's a small minority, but hopefully enough publicity will serve as a deterrent to others who think like he does.

To be honest, I don't think many men, period, would leave a woman stranded on the side of the road, let alone one whose job it is to help motorists in need.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:32 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
I'll point out again, the article did not say which "Lord". The OP has a bias against Christianity and he let it show here.

OK? We honestly don't know what took place in their conversation.

He's a scumbag because he chose not to do business with a Bernie Sanders supporter after he had been treated poorly by Bernie Sanders supporters?

Should I go find a new story about Bernie Sanders supporters mistreating people and label them all horrible people?
It certainly fits the criteria for bigotry.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
where did it say what "Lord"? You made an assumption. Your bias is obvious. You have a habit of attacking Christianity -- and religion in general. You also ripped into him for abandoning a disabled woman when the article clearly stated he did not know she was disabled.
White. Southern. Tow Truck Driver. Sanders hater. Trump supporter. Used the word, "Lord".

Yeah, that fits your profile of a Buddhist, Muslim or Jew.

You are correct though, I should have linked a different story to make sure that those who didn't catch the profile, would see him stating is was his Christian believes that caused him to hear those imaginary words in his head. I mean, he's Christian, so who would doubt that. Bet he has a 'personal relationship' with his favorite sky friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality