Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2016, 12:27 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
In his words, "the Lord spoke to me..."

You missed that part?
I think that was a lie. I seriously doubt that God spoke to him, and he said it to justify himself. I seriously doubt that he is any kind of a serious Christian. But in your world, if anyone claims to be a Christian--no matter how wacky their beliefs are, you believe them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 12:33 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Same old crap of a post by you, cupper.

What if a CHRISTIAN MAN or group established a free medical clinic for disables or for those without health insurance? What would you call it? "Ohh you don't have to be a Christian to do this"...........

I might call that a miracle.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:46 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
If he couldn't be a good tow truck driver, he could have at least been a good Samaritan.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:49 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I might call that a miracle.
Why? It's Christians that tend to do that stuff. I used to attend a church that built a hospital in Mali, Africa. They didn't do it to make money -- they pour thousands of dollars a year into it.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:09 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
You're on the wrong side of most issues Viz but this is really pathetic. You should be ashamed of yourself.

If that was possible for a fundamentalist.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:12 PM

1,166 posts, read 755,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I think that was a lie. I seriously doubt that God spoke to him, and he said it to justify himself. I seriously doubt that he is any kind of a serious Christian. But in your world, if anyone claims to be a Christian--no matter how wacky their beliefs are, you believe them.

LOL, if the tow truck driver had stopped and helped a disabled woman and claimed that God told him to, you would be starting a new thread boasting about this example of the great things that Christians do.

Seriously, your attempt to deny that any Christian can ever act like a scumbag is beyond pathetic.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:26 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Since you are not crossing the line into claiming this guy is Not One of Us / Not A True Christian, AND you are not attempting to justify his actions, I won't disagree with you. Except that it is highly questionable in my mind that this guy is some kind of rogue Christian claiming god's approval for something that is clearly despicable. It is not an edge case after all. Christians quite frequently claim god told them to do this or that, or approved of this or that, and sometimes the things the voices are telling them to do, like refusing to serve a customer on grounds of political ideology, go quite contrary to Christian teaching.

It isn't so much whether you or other Christians or most Christians would agree this yokel is misguided or not, so much as it's a question of the kinds of mischief people commonly get up to in the name of god.

I would not dare display a Sanders sticker or anything else that isn't redneck-approved in many parts of this country, and for good reason.

LOL... guess the redneck in me thinks a bit differently.

Here is how we define "redneck" by the way... a bit different connotation than in the USA.

A redneck is someone who:
  • Doesn’t belong to the right clubs or believe in the latest trendy ideology or “politically correct cause”
  • Believes in public service and the ideal of individual rights over collective rights.
  • Believes in hard work, entrepreneurship and the philosophy that those who create wealth should have a better standard of living than those who merely benefit from redistributed tax revenue.
  • Says what he means and means what he says.
  • Believes in community service and neighbor helping neighbor, rather than looking for help from the strangling “tentacles of central government.”
  • Is not afraid to make politically incorrect comments when they are the truth.

With apologies for the adaptation to former Member of Parliament, Lee Morrison.

I proudly have a Darwin fish on my vehicle, and I live in two Bible belts, one up in Alberta (there is a Creation Science museum 4 blocks from my place, multiple Hutterite and a few Mennonite colonies, and Calvinists abound). The other in Florida with two mega churches, a huge Southern Baptist one and a larger Calvary Chapel one within 1/2 mile of me. Oh, and the world's largest Confederate flag flies just a few miles down the road. ( Giant Confederate battle flag visible from I-75 in spotlight again | TBO.com and The Tampa Tribune )

Haven't had anyone upset about it yet.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:27 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You're on the wrong side of most issues Viz but this is really pathetic. You should be ashamed of yourself.

If that was possible for a fundamentalist.

No I think this might be more of a business owner can do what they want rather than anything to do with either religion or if the customer will pay. Vizio in the past has supported discrimination based on business owners should be able to do it, not necessarily that it is the right thing to do.

I see no morals in leaving a woman stranded on the side of the road based on politics, religion, race or sexual orientation. And that is not even considering that she is disabled. Contrast that to the people going up and down Highway 63 to Fort Mac giving away gas, food and water. The tow truck driver is not a nice person , at least in this case and judging by he is standing by what he did, I do not think he is a nice person. Most people are more like the ones helping out those who need the help. I would have thought that if you had an accident and needed a tow truck you called a tow truck company, apparently there you need to call a political party who can get in touch with the proper tow truck company.

Vizio: I think you have undone much of what you tried to accomplish this week with those threads about you helping others. I now wonder if you would help people who are Bernie Sanders supporters. I think you would but for now I have to wonder if you might not.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:29 PM

11,022 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Of all people, I would think you'd be livid over his using the name of your god to justify leaving a stranded disabled woman on the side of the road. But, instead, you continue to defend his actions That is strangely at odds with all of your recent "good deeds" posting.
This.

I'm highly disgusted that a man who operates a tow truck refuses to help a stranded person, let alone a disable person, never mind his convictions. Then, to add insult to injury, he blames God! Why aren't I seeing a public outcry from Christians?

Old 05-06-2016, 01:29 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
But you are willing to believe that campfire stories of wandering goat herders that God talked to Abraham, Moses and Saul?

How old are those stories? Any of them first hand? Compared to direct words here? How COULD you doubt it, after all, the man told you so himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality