Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2016, 04:32 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Essentially it's much the same as any creation story, although it's not thousands of years old, so lacks "respectability"
Oh, okay, if you say so. Thanks for your well thought-out response with all your proofs. I am now convinced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 04:35 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Jesus existed long before He was born the Son of Man.

All creation came out of God and through Christ. Jesus said "before Abraham was, I am." He never lied.
But there was never any mention of him in the OT. It clearly says in the OT that there is only one God. No mention of the holy trinity. God never said "I am three". He said "I am one" as in "I am the one true God".

Old 05-13-2016, 04:37 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
The real story that science gives us, not some campfire stories perpetuated by some wine imbiding group of desert goat herders. The story told by DNA.

And what a story! Guess what, Europeans were not always white, blond and blue eyed. Au contraire mon cherie. They was brown, swarthy and probably smelly too. And then migrations came from the Middle East, and low and behold, brought Caucasian traits with them.

Now, homos erectus of course existed much before that in various stages of evolution. We left the other great apes to travel their separate evolutionary trek millions of years prior. Some 40,000 years ago, the last of the Neaderthals died out, although 3% of their DNA still exists in modern day Caucasians. Now, I know that some YEC are going to go all ape about that, but now you at least have a reason to.

New DNA Research Sheds New Light on Ice Age Europe - History in the Headlines
I am all about questioning religion (especially organized religion), but don't you have anything better to do?

Old 05-13-2016, 05:09 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Quote:
Jesus existed long before He was born the Son of Man.

All creation came out of God and through Christ. Jesus said "before Abraham was, I am." He never lied.
Yea, he was the one in 1sam15 giving the kill order.

1 Samuel 15New International Version (NIV)

The Lord Rejects Saul as King
15 Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the Lord sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the Lord. 2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’

Love

Old 05-13-2016, 05:17 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
you worship that

Old 05-13-2016, 05:32 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Not really. Jesus only used them as the example of a God-ordained marriage.
He did this to make a point with his audience.
Paul also was making a different point.
As Christians we are not required to believe in the Adam and Eve story
exclusively as it is told in Genesis as the only truth.
Read this short article:
Question: "Did Adam and Eve really exist?"
Quote:
No, actually Jesus and the other writers of the bible took the historic creation account as truthful and accurate. And Adam is in Christ's lineage as are his offspring. You don't put make believe people in your genealogy. Well, maybe you do but He didn't.
My point went over your head, and I bet you didn't even read the essay.
If Jesus wanted to expound upon the Adam & Eve story, He would have,
more than just using them as an iconic example of relationship between
man and woman.
Jesus did not write any of the New Testament. He was God, and moved
men with Spirit and Truth, that was His chosen method, not the written word.
The only writing He does is a line in the sand.
The Church is his legacy. Sola Scriptura leads to the confused worship of a text.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:47 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
It is accurate because Jesus, Who never lied, believed the accuracy of it as did Paul and other writers.

I was not there but Jesus was there and He was the One Who did the creating by God's power.

Your examples of other creation stories proves my point that they don't even come close to the actual account in the Bible.
Look up the true meaning of 'creation myth'. Every civilisation that has one, believes theirs to be true and real, just as you believe in yours. I doubt they lie either.

The other creation myths are similar in that they are equally implausible. Fashioning a man out of dirt, dust, mud, sticks, or maize; there's no difference.
Making another person from a spare rib or from the sweat of the another person, there's no difference; they are equally implausible.

So in my view they do come close.

And Jesus was not 'there'. There is no story of Jesus being present either at the creation of earth or the creation of Adam and Eve. Even I know that.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:59 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Umm.... we've been over this one before. Jesus was born approximately 6 AD (some say 4 BC) while by your own assertions, God created Adam and Eve around 4000 BC. He wasn't at the creation - he didn't exist then.
Jesus was just a gleam in Yaweh's eye.

Old 05-13-2016, 06:06 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Look up the true meaning of 'creation myth'. Every civilisation that has one, believes theirs to be true and real, just as you believe in yours. I doubt they lie either.
The other creation myths are similar in that they are equally implausible. Fashioning a man out of dirt, dust, mud, sticks, or maize; there's no difference.
Making another person from a spare rib or from the sweat of the another person, there's no difference; they are equally implausible.
So in my view they do come close.
We should expect some similarity if they received their inspirations from the same source, Cruithne. Being made of stardust does no serious damage to the concept.
Quote:
And Jesus was not 'there'. There is no story of Jesus being present either at the creation of earth or the creation of Adam and Eve. Even I know that.
They have crafted an entire narrative from the "precepts and doctrines of men" trying to assert such nonsense about Jesus and the OT stories and what not. It is nonsense.

Old 05-13-2016, 06:57 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Yea, he was the one in 1sam15 giving the kill order.

1 Samuel 15New International Version (NIV)

The Lord Rejects Saul as King
15 Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the Lord sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the Lord. 2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’

Love
You are correct for once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality