Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2016, 02:05 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
As opposed it's "all wrong just because Freak says it is"?
The burden of proof is on you and MysticPhD to back up your truth claims. So far, you and Mystic have provided nothing. So there's no reason for me or anyone else to take your claims seriously.

Please back up your claims with evidence, and I will be first in line to believe you. I've been waiting for a year and a half.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2016, 02:06 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The burden of proof is on you and MysticPhD to back up your truth claims. So far, you and Mystic have provided nothing. So there's no reason for me or anyone else to take your claims seriously.

Please back up your claims with evidence, and I will be first in line to believe you.
I don't have to. I make no claims on my own authority. But if you don't believe the Bible, I don't much care. I can't force you to believe.

Old 06-18-2016, 02:24 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
I don't have to. I make no claims on my own authority. But if you don't believe the Bible, I don't much care. I can't force you to believe.
In other words, if it is true for you, it's true?

Old 06-18-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
If you're going to make the extraordinary claim that everything inthe Bible is absolute unquestionable truth, you need to back up that claim. Otherwise, you are no different than some homeless guy who says that the universe is under the control of purple monkeys living inside the planet Neptune.

So which is more likely to be true: your claim that the Bible is absolute truth, or the claim that the universe is controlled by purple monkeys living inside the planet Neptune?

Old 06-18-2016, 02:39 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
If you're going to make the extraordinary claim that everything inthe Bible is absolute unquestionable truth, you need to back up that claim. Otherwise, you are no different than some homeless guy who says that the universe is under the control of purple monkeys living inside the planet Neptune.

So which is more likely to be true: your claim that the Bible is absolute truth, or the claim that the universe is controlled by purple monkeys living inside the planet Neptune?
It is absolute truth. And no--it's not up to me to prove that to you. If you're unwilling to believe after reading it (I assume you HAVE read it if you're going to criticize it), there isn't much I can do. You seem like a nice guy, and I would like to see you come to faith in Christ, but I am not compelled to prove to you what you refuse to believe.

Old 06-18-2016, 02:51 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
It is absolute truth. And no--it's not up to me to prove that to you. If you're unwilling to believe after reading it (I assume you HAVE read it if you're going to criticize it), there isn't much I can do. You seem like a nice guy, and I would like to see you come to faith in Christ, but I am not compelled to prove to you what you refuse to believe.
Refuse implies stubbornness. It's more a matter of can't believe.

Old 06-18-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
It is absolute truth. And no--it's not up to me to prove that to you.
So says every religious fanatic/lunatic in history.

MysticPhD has the same attitude toward his claims: they are absolute truth because he says they are absolute truth, and he is under no obligation to prove it to anyone, because he JUST KNOWS he has the absolute truth.

Fanatical Muslims have the exact same attitude: they have the truth, and they are under no obligation to prove it to anyone. They JUST KNOW that it's true.

Quote:
If you're unwilling to believe after reading it (I assume you HAVE read it if you're going to criticize it), there isn't much I can do. You seem like a nice guy, and I would like to see you come to faith in Christ, but I am not compelled to prove to you what you refuse to believe.
And like every religious zealot in history, you believe that my lack of belief is due to a fundamental defect on my part. Obviously it's impossible for a sane person to think your religion isn't true.

Only an idiot can't see that the Quran is obviously the absolute truth. So says the Muslim fundamentalist.

Only an idiot can't see the obvious truth that the universe is controlled by purple monkeys living inside the planet Neptune. So says the homeless guy down the street.

Old 06-18-2016, 04:29 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:

Please back up your claims with evidence, and I will be first in line to believe you. I've been waiting for a year and a half.
Well I have no reason to believe your claim that God is a myth.

I wish atheists would just be honest and admit that you don't want evidence. Oh you say you do to look good, but deep down, it's far from the truth. Atheists hate God. It's evident in ugly nasty language that they use when talking to Christians or about the Bible and God. You can still make the same points without resorting to such offensive condescending language, but I see it over and over. Sky fairy for example. Atheists want to avoid God so of course they are going to instant reject any evidence that a Christian brings to the table. It is a waste of time to even try.

The evidence is out for those who truly have a heart for God.

Old 06-18-2016, 04:44 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Got any evidence there fella?

Old 06-18-2016, 04:46 PM

20,005 posts, read 13,486,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Atheists want to avoid God so of course they are going to instant reject any evidence that a Christian brings to the table. It is a waste of time to even try.
Then please DO quit trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality