Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2019, 04:39 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
How does that make your religion the right religion? Because it does what YOU want it to?
Because Jesus redeems the whole of mankind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 04:46 PM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Because Jesus redeems the whole of mankind.
I know this is too deep a question, but I'll try it one more time -- why does that make everything in your religion right because you believe that?

And, btw, the "whole of mankind"...even though in 2 Chronicles 15:12-13 it says: "And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman."

So generous and loving of you.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:56 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
I think that was John’s point. You make no mention of Christ, His faithfulness and love for you. Did you feel you had a relationship with Christ? Did you believe His death saved you from your sin?
absolutely not. Your god made us exactly the way we are. died for our sins? you mean an all power thing died for our sins?

jesus was a good teacher. he was teaching. The verb "teaching". "teaching" is what never dies. And any teacher worth their weight knows the best teachers are students also. One lesson was that we are born ignorant and he showed us we don't have to stay in "the darkness of stupidity".

what you don't realize jimmie is that once we understand, we can't un-understand. That's what "once jesus always jesus" means.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
I know this is too deep a question, but I'll try it one more time -- why does that make everything in your religion right because you believe that?

And, btw, the "whole of mankind"...even though in 2 Chronicles 15:12-13 it says: "And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman."

Because it applies to everyone.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:

he has that part wrong. what makes it all wrong?

Old 02-22-2019, 05:00 PM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Because it applies to everyone.
I guess you can't read.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
absolutely not. Your god made us exactly the way we are. died for our sins? you mean an all power thing died for our sins?

jesus was a good teacher. he was teaching. The verb "teaching". "teaching" is what never dies. And any teacher worth their weight knows the best teachers are students also. One lesson was that we are born ignorant and he showed us we don't have to stay in "the darkness of stupidity".

what you don't realize jimmie is that once we understand, we can't un-understand. That's what "once jesus always jesus" means.
God gave you free will. If you have made bad choices, He will forgive you.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
God gave you free will. If you have made bad choices, He will forgive you.
free will is not evidence Jimmie.

Your god is showing us what it really is. You denied your god by following a book. No worries tho, it knows it can be no other way. You aren't forgiven because you where made exactly as it intended.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:33 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
So my question again: if we're just indifferent to God like I am ..., what will happen to me when I die?
I'd really like to know. That is a sincere question, not mocking.
I am going to make this really simple...not much different than anyone else.
No need to read further...

Wanna read Father Robert Benson's story from the Other Side? He happened to be burdened with being a natural psychic
or medium (the church thought that was from the devil, see?)
He was friends with another medium, wouldn't ya know....Sooo, he got through to him here....and oh my...he tells ya
from the moment he lifted off from his hospital bed.

Ha, the reason it is funny to me is here he was a priest, right?
And he was in the same meadow by a stream and became friends with a girl that wasn't particularly religious or even a church goer.

He explains so much in the 2nd book on how wrong what is taught in the churches...so, his desire to make it right was granted...and thus, wrote some things thru
Anthony Borgia....google, "Life in the Unseen World", free online.

(And it depicts the entire process as every other medium or channel I have read since the 60s ,
even as a teen)
We are very loved when we arrive....VERY loved....
oh my ....an outspoken atheist, lawyer friend of mine...kept drifting to the Other Side starting
around 12:30 am, dying at 4 am....he kept waking saying, 'Why am I here, No. I want to be there! and
No, not here again.....it's SO beautiful....it so beautiful...'
He wouldn't EVEN let the Hospice nurse say word one about anything spiritual...He told her in no uncertain terms...a wk before he went, "No, there is nothing when we die..Do not talk to me about the stuff."

You'll be fine...maybe better than some holier-than-thous we both encounter daily.
But they are also loved and forgiven ...and are made aware of many things pretty fast...LOL
50 years of research....lots'o love!!!!

Old 02-22-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
free will is not evidence Jimmie.

Your god is showing us what it really is. You denied your god by following a book. No worries tho, it knows it can be no other way. You aren't forgiven because you where made exactly as it intended.
I wasn’t giving evidence. I was responding to your assertion that God made us sinful or flawed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality